Changes to Faction Events

Are they? I’m only get 100 base points, multiplied by My chest multiplier, at delve level 100. Using the “new” formula, i should be getting 500, multiplied by my chest multiplier.

Got 750 points from level 30 chest

Boss rooms have a 200 base points. A full delve gives 3.75 multiplier. 200 multiplied by 3.75 is 750.

Here’s how the new signs go:

• The event rotation is being disrupted to make room for it.
  • We have been promised release notes “a few days before” the release.

Here are the signs that are usually consistent:

• We get our first preview stream at most 1 month before a release.
  • It’s usually 2-3 weeks before the release.

Putting it all together, “2 weeks” seems right. It can’t be longer than 4 weeks, because that’s when Tower of Doom has to happen. USUALLY, the update happens about a week before its featured event. So “3 weeks” seems the true latest.

1 Like

/skims thread

Hrmm… guess the devs did need to wait for a hard client update to address the issues surrounding delves.

Thoughts:

– The changes pretty much “kill” farming level 20, at least for event clearing. Players can still loop level 20 delves for loot (ignoring hoard chest bonuses) at a handicap, but aren’t going to go anywhere towards event progression with the harshly nerfed room scores. This was to be expected though, as the intentions of the devs were never to encourage level 20 delve farming.

If this was somehow not already obvious, Cyrup outright states the design intentions towards delves in the OP to reinforce this train of thought.

Fun Fact: The Tuesday Faction Events requires 22,000 points to full clear. At a locked 100 points per room (at level 20) and running away from every boss, a player would need to clear 220 rooms to full clear the event. At 8 rooms per delve, 28 sigils would be required. Given that players start with 3 sigils, and even accounting for valravens, that’s an awful lot of sigils that have to be bought for a one-day event. Hope those players’ gem wallets are quite deep.

– I’ve got a better chance at winning tonight’s $1 billion PowerBall lottery than Dragon’s Eye NOT being nerfed with the 4.1 patch. There is nothing in the game that can guarantee a troop’s death for 15 mana. Heck, even Zuul’goth as a god, needs 32 to kill a troop outright. I’m expecting the convert chance to be reduced to 25 - 40% at most if the effect remains unconditional, for a 15 cost, unless the cost of the spell is also increased. (For comparision, Kerebos is 40% unconditional at 17 mana, Maw is 24 for a one-time unconditional guarantee as the closest current effect to Dragon’s Eye.

That’s what leveling hoards are for. As far as the tea leaves read, there is absolutely nothing out there that says that players should ever stop leveling hoards at 100 just because faction point awards stop there. Everything points to requiring players to level delves past 200, 300, or more, despite the egregious costs of doing so currently.

In fact, I will go so far as to assert that what you are experiencing is intentional by design. Want your delves to not take 15-20 minutes or more per run? Level those delves. Long and painful delves are the punishment to players for actively choosing not to invest in faction hoards for the long-term.

2 Likes

Oh damn, that was quite a lot of sigils/gems required! Progressing is the only way then. I wonder what is the minimum Delve Level for finishing the Tuesday event in 4.1 version. Will it still be at Level 100? If it’s still around that, I think players who choose to farm would still be quite okay.

Yep, fully agree. But I don’t think we should call it nerf, just a fix. They might even keep the spell exactly the same, just fix the summoning level on players’ usage.

Have you ever fought Dragon’s Eye team in PvP? It doesn’t work, as its spell turn my troop to Level 20 with 50+ life instead of 5 life when you’re using it in yourself. Frog transformation in Delve also turn my troop to 80+ life, similar stats to the 3 remaining troops on my team. So the framework of how Dragon’s Eye should work is already here.

Still, after the fix, Dragon’s Eye could still be a valid strategy, just in the different way. Ability to change any troop’s spell to almost harmless one can be very powerful, you just have to hope when it turns to other Dragons, it won’t be even more of a problematic one. I have seen it changed to Elemaugrim or The Worldbreaker several times in Dragon Hatchery. So it would still work, but risky.

Are they still keeping the rule that if you progress a faction in an event, your faction remains permanently leveled up? This change would effectively shut people out of events if they wanted to keep that faction low leveled for daily delves. Not all of us have a full collection of mythics just sitting around nor is everyone interested in spending forever per delve.

I wouldn’t mind trying my luck at taking on higher level delves, but as it currently stands, it would ruin any faction that I farm.

1 Like

This is true, but becomes less of an issue as time passes. Presumably you only need one faction for farming. That means all the other faction events can be done normally (if more slowly than before). And as the number of factions increases, the time between faction events you have to skip increases also.

Fair enough, though right now our options are pretty limited. The only faction that I definitely will take up at any point is the All Seeing Eye because I don’t have a good fast team in those colors. I am still feeling my way through the other 3 to decide what I want to do with them.

I can say that this change definitely makes me personally less interested in delve events. I am not going to pretend that anyone else feels the same way but I see the permanent level up “feature” of the event a real hindrance if this is the route they are wanting to go.

1 Like

I do! You are the best! <3

2 Likes

I just ran, for kicks, a lvl 500 ASE delves without Dragon Eye. Did less room but still pretty doable. No need for panic.

4 Likes

I don’t even use Dragons Eye period. As long as you have the right class, with the right troops fully traited, you don’t need it.

1 Like

good change. considering the time it takes to complete fights at 200 is usually like 10x-20x longer then it takes to do so on 20. currently its just renown pushing. Also you might consider increasing gold/glory/souls room rewards at higher delve levels. Points are … points. 90% players whos not buying far into delve doesnt care much for them (apart from getting rewards faster thats it). Currently its just keep 3 delves as high as possible for renown, run the lowest delve you have for chests. Since room rewards are practically the same at lv 20 and at lv 200. So you just get less for your time.

I suspect the weapon will stay the way it is, Delve troops will just retain their level whenever they get transformed. Probably not based on 4.1, we’ve had similar stealth changes in between major patches (e.g. Infernal King level when reviving within Pet Rescue).

3 Likes

I agree that the fix will just change the level of summoned troop to match its original level. But I disagree about stealth change part.

Players, including me, starting to notice it the same week after 4.0 patch hit, so it’s possible they’re really waiting for 4.1 update to fix Dragon’s Eye.

Also, Dragon’s Eye fix will be quite a big storm of an event, as many players are using it in Delve for quick win. So I don’t think they will secretly fix it and risk enraging a lot of players when they found out. I really hope it does get mentioned in 4.1 Patch Note if it will happen.