Cedric medal… are you crazy?

The votes on @awryan’s Post are also heavily in favor of leaving Cedric’s Medal as is, but that didn’t seem to bother the development team.

It really looks like this it the new template to make change happen:
{INSERT ISSUE HERE}… Are you crazy?

6 Likes

Won’t do a thing. The cedric medals made battles quicker but the extra clicks in explore slow you down quite a bit. I doubt the devs would change anything to make grinding quicker.

2 Likes

And now back down to A rank.

1 Like

You need to open the Traits and scroll down the class infos to see medals like Cedric’s and everyone I encountered has at least one of them equipped.

No, no, nopey, nope from Nopeland.
I think all they changed is the text. Mines still trigger often. And I use two.

1 Like

Oh, is that so?
I didn’t notice a difference in pvp. Amazing how often those 10% trigger. (For me)
I wouldn’t mind to have them removed completely. I’m fine with as it was before.

3 Likes

You know they could have kept Cedric medal as is (or even reduce it to 25%) and have it unique like the Anu medal. This was an incredible over-reaction, now 3 Cedric must be equipped for them to do any good.

3 Likes

Change the Cedric Medal Bonus to gold

Wonderful overreaction, devs! I’m glad I spent most of the weekend farming medals for GW only to wake up this morning to discover my efforts were primarily wasted.

9 Likes

The right answer would be to restrict the use of duplicate medals. As usual, they overreact and break the whole game in the process

4 Likes

Do these Devs have any clue what they are doing? If you release something extremely OP (which shouldn’t happen anyways) ((also, wouldn’t have had as much light shining on it had they not messed up the drop rate and almost guaranteed a Cedric every single battle))… That doesn’t mean you nerf it into the ground making it completely useless. Its blatently clear that the GoW balance team does not actually play this game. Yes 40% stacking was way too much, although wouldn’t be abused as it was if other medals were not as scarce as the purple corn. Gradually decrease the chance to 25% or make it non stacking. There are so many obvious things you can do that doesnt include turning it into dead content as 90% of everything else in this game. If the other medals were obtainable majority of people would be using Magic, Attack, or Health medals with maybe 1 cedric.

2 Likes

It is a known fact right now, devs doesnt play the game. And even the playtest team doesnt get to play the final version bẻoe it got released

1 Like

You can see in the bottom left of the SS.

Part of that is the tutorial forces you to equip your first one and this seems to be the most common (I believe based on my own experience).

While this whole ordeal is a head-scratcher, I wouldn’t overreact the other way and say the nerf makes Cedric medals useless either. Per the math (which Mithran provides here), you’re looking at a 27% chance first-turn chance to break out of any non-stun status with 3 medals. That becomes about 52% cumulatively on the second turn (1-.73*.73*.9, please correct me if I’m wrong), vs 10% chance to cleanse naturally without any medals. That’s valuable.

Where it gets interesting, is how much this affects status-dependent troops. Pre-Cedric nerf, they were all set for quite the drop. With the nerfed Cedrics in effect, can they be used to help offense teams kill a team before the enhanced cleanse chance can be a factor? Interesting times ahead.

1 Like