Can we please have an option to check which scrolls we get from Tower of Doom after the chamber's completed?

Too many times I’ve (and many others) clicked too fast, and missed which scroll dropped from the different chambers. Seems like an easy addition to ToD.

13 Likes

Would also help if everyone in the guild could see which scrolls are in every room that has already been cleared.

17 Likes

Seems like an easy fix would be to stop clicking/tapping so fast. If you do it once it loads all rewards. Its you thats skipping the rewards, not the game.

Sometimes the game glitches for a second so that you try to hit “Skip” to get through the animated “opening”, only for it apparently not to work, so you try to do it again and end up clearing the list without seeing what the Scroll is.

This is just poor interface design and would be easy to fix if the Devs cared enough.

5 Likes

Ive never had that happen before. What do you mean by the game glitches?

You should submit a bug report if thats happening.

I feel like the interface is fine. Click once to load all rewards, click again to load the next screen.

Are we asking for the screen to lock until we click on a particular button? What if i accidentally click the button? Can i go backwards to look at what i missed? Or is that what the ask is? What if im doing explore and i dont care about the listed rewards? Do i get an option to completely skip it when i want to? Or do i have to deal with the new stupid button everywhere?

Exactly what I said in my previous post: You press the button, nothing happens, you try to pres it again and it clears the display.

I’m glad it doesn’t happen for you, but that’s only your experience.

And, no, we’re not asking for anything like what you’re suggesting, this is only relevant for doing Tower of Doom.

Of course it would be even better if other Guild Members could see what Scroll is in each room once another member has explored it, rather than us having to create spreadsheets outside the game environment, but that would be too much to ask for.

9 Likes

If its not happening to me then it might be a bug you need to report or submit a ticket for if its only happening to you, look into that.

Most experienced players will use discord or tarans or gemologica no matter what regardless. Why is that an issue now? I agree it would be super helpful to have in game but its not like you or anyone wont use outside sources even if all relevant information was in game.

As OP said, sometimes i click too fast…what’s the fix for that?

It’s not just happening to me, I know it happens to others too, because I have asked.

And just because “experienced players” might use Tarans World etc, does not mean that less experienced players are aware of such things, just as they’re not aware of a lot of the announcements that appear only on these Forums etc.

So, not, it’s not “an issue now”, it’s been an issue right since this game started because information that is useful to players is not being made available in game to players, just like the details of Scrolls not being shown.

And the fix for all of this is for the Devs to make all this information to players inside the game they are playing, instead of them having to go outside it.

It’s called being User Friendly.

6 Likes

If the game is skipping, its a bug. It shouldn’t be doing that. Submit a bug report/ticket. Thats an entirely seperate issue than the one here.

I dont know any game where every piece of info to play exceptionally is all in the game. That’s not how it has ever worked.

So i just tested it. For me if i click Edit 3: not anywhere on the screen, only the skip button it loads all rewards quickly.

Maybe this part only works for me the rewards screen does not clear until i click the “Continue” Button.

Do you have similar results? Or does clicking anywhere on the screen clear the rewards?

Edit: Yes this is for the Tower of Doom Rewards Screen.

Edit 2: The rewards do not disappear even when using a Fireball/Heroism Scroll until i press the continue button, not anywhere else on the screen.

Edit 3 Continued: This also holds true while doing Explore

Or they could just use the scroll icon that’s already shown on the chamber with a “?” and have it reveal the scroll once the chamber is completed. Easy fix.

4 Likes

It would be much easier just not to click on the only part of the screen that advances it.

Or they could just use the scroll icon that’s already shown on the chamber with a “?” and have it reveal the scroll once the chamber is completed. Easy fix.

3 Likes

There you go again making Straw Man arguments.

This is not about “every piece of information”, nor, even “playing exceptionally”, but you seem now to just be arguing for the sake of it, so please excuse me if I don’t waste any more time on you.

5 Likes

As per OPs post and to focus on the topic…If the issue is the rewards screen going away too quickly its because you are clicking on the continue button, i tested this in multiple game modes.

So is the issue that the game skips the reward screen too quickly or is the issue the continue button being in the same place as the skip button and people are clicking too fast?

If you want the scrolls to appear afterwards thats a completely seperate issue and theres already posts up for that.

Is this really too much to ask for?

BTW, thank you for letting me know there were other posts on this topic. I just bumped several over the passed years.

5 Likes

The issue that OP is trying to convey is that to clear the rewards completely is 2 clicks, the first one to instant-display all rewards, and the 2nd to clear them. The first click sometimes does NOT instant-display them, so you click again, but it counts as the 2nd click, clearing them completely. This happens to me pretty often on console, but i’ve gotten used to it, and mostly only slow down to be careful about it if i’m scouting ToD or to see how much dragonite i got from a gnome. It’s and issue, but a very minor one. Having the solution be “to slow down” is just a very annoying thing when you are so used to playing quickly.

3 Likes

now i only know that you really like the “results” animation and believe it is perfect. all the faults were coming from player not controlling it well.

However, on the contrary, you should be the one report it to dev and let them know the “skip” button already got lots of bugs related. Although it is not a bug, it causes other potential bug. You dont report. fine. We are suggesting and giving idea to dev, so the game become more user friendly and improve players QoL. We are not requesting ridiculous idea like “every explore fight should drop wits and deeds, so we can end game ASAP”.

even, some games can check the last fight result anytime (you can request). some games can auto skip the result animation (you can request).

ToD is guild event require share information. Why cant we request dev provide the resource sharing it? always rely on outside platform is not the best solution. not all the players can check outside information (especially mobile players)

5 Likes

Why would i report something that works the way its supposed to?

Totally agree with this idea. On console, skip and continue/exit are the same button, so double pressing by mistake will exit without seeing your rewards. I’ve had it happen a bunch of times, often where I’ve pressed too many times because of muscle memory, since most game modes give the same rewards and you might as well skip through, but also many times because I think the first press didn’t work (pressing too early won’t work and doesn’t skip) so press a second time only to find it did work and I’ve exited by mistake. Having a way to check what rewards you just got would be so much better.
Something else worth mentioning is that, because the reward cards come up in a bad order (tower scrolls should be on the far right), if you go from one mode to another you can forget to check which scroll you got and exit without seeing it even if you go slow enough to look at what popped up after skipping. Sure, that’s your own fault for exiting, but it wouldn’t hurt to be able to check what you got, since this is literally the only mode in the game where knowing what reward you got is so important. You need to know when scouting so you can share with others, and avoid wasting sigils.
Sure, having that information automatically shared with the whole guild would be way better, but if they’re not gonna do that, just letting us see our own rewards easier would be something.

5 Likes