Can We Keep Him?

Do you like the intended use?

1 Like

Thank you for such info. I’ll skip this event altogether.
I would rather go outside without an umbrela than to play this game mode at the moment.

I was under the impression that everybody will only be required to buy Tier IV in the Shop at most in order to obtain all the rewards.

Top players are rarely a main revenue source for a F2P game. They don’t care if we leave, from a fiscal standpoint. Most players who spend money spend it within their first six months.

Changes have been made to the game in an attempt to progressively strangle endgamers’ resource stashes for a long time now.

Of course there’s a need. Invasion hit the end of its development lifecycle (and soon Tower of Doom and Raid Boss will, as well) and they need a continued revenue stream, ideally with as little development investment as possible to maximize profit.

By creating events with so many random variables, they can use the same mechanics with a different name and call it a “new” event. The most time-intensive parts of creating these World Events are probably writing the lore and determining the reward tiers in order to encourage the desired amount of spending. The skeleton of the event already exists, they just throw a new skin on it each time.

7 Likes

Conceptually, in a vacuum, it’s a great idea.

In reality, the idea has to be tempered by the fact that I+2 is a business, and the idea has to be monetized to recoup its development costs. That sours the experience somewhat, but there’s no golden panacea for that. Reality sucks, sometimes.

On beta, we are testing the mechanics of 5.0. We don’t test balance, so we won’t see the final form of 5.0 until everyone else does on launch day. That said, I’m keeping an open mind on the matter towards what the finished product will be.

6 Likes

This event is great. It reminds me why I never use most of the troops available for it. :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for the event where only Mongo can be used. That’d be about right. :wink:

8 Likes

Thank you! Now i am… :thinking:… scared about 5.0…

3.0 (GW) and 4.0 (Underworld) were so great :cry:

I don’t know what’s more insulting; that they keep trying to do it it or that they think were flippin’ dumb enough to do it.

6 Likes

Haha rofl. You nailed it.

1 Like

I don’t find the former to be insulting. IP2/505 are businesses. F2P games are not works of charity - they need to generate revenue or they are shuttered just like any other business. They exist at the whim of the players and/or any addictive personalities they are able to hook. Hopefully more of the first and less of the second, but the second category is still a part of the equation.

The latter? Yep. A fundamental principle that game developers can totally whiff on is the notion of “some of your players ARE smarter than you”. There is an entire segment of the gaming population who literally derive their enjoyment from deconstructing game mechanics, data-nerding, finding workarounds, etc.

However, this segment is countered by the people who just mechanically buy whatever tier they need to in order to finish and start throwing money at the game if they run out of currency. As long as the spenders outweigh the crowd who refuse to bankrupt themselves and the game remains profitable, they’re going to keep doing this.

[edit] Another possibility is that by alternating high-spending World Events with low-spending World Events, they’re trying to use peoples’ emotions against them. “They finally dropped the cost, I’m going to buy X to reward that decision.” Next event is too spendy. The one after, they drop the cost again. “They listened to us! Time to buy some Gems!”

5 Likes

I upgrade my GW sentinels to V, even though the rewards won’t reimburse that expense.

Medal of Seasons might not be worth it to some, but they are obtainable thru these events. My Guild won’t complete this event, but we don’t complete Invasion or Raids either.

How many guilds complaing about this event fight ToD battles long after the rewards are no longer worth the time and effort required? Everything about this game is optional. Except GW…

Do what you find fun, and skip the rest. For the Horde.

Edit: You can be sure I’d skip the “Mongo only” event, but that suggestion gave me a coughing laugh attack. Thanks @Lorien1973. :blush:

1 Like

ToD is a bit different, in that an extra gem purchase may get you high leaderboard and reimburse for extra spend - also gets you super hard to get forge scrolls. But, tend to agree - Tower of Tedium is not worth the purchase either - other than bragging rights.

1 Like

I really feel disheartened to even give feedback since it’s the same problem we had with Council of Chiefs. Gem cost to high will not waste gems for these kinds of “rewards” . Won’t bother saying more since feedback was ignored from last event like this.

1 Like

I think that, clearly, the original design was to make it cost T6/7 to complete; and each cycle - they’ve had to hack in a fix to get it back down to T4. At this point; it’s apparent, isn’t it?

1 Like

Early game players will easily do better with the Tigraki Warrior rare troop. Its something that can be gotten from gold chests or the bounty event at the end of the week, and its still playing the game as its designed.

5 Likes

Like 95% of the complaints about all world events can be summed up into:

The scoring system requiring an entire guild to purchase t6+ is too high, and too much of a demand for most players. There are some players who will do it, there are some guilds who will ask everyone to do it.

But the average guild, be it new, mid or end game, will not ask players to spend that much on the events.

With 5.0 coming, and we know that 3 out of every 4 weeks (Raid and ToD moving to Weekend like Invasion, which was announced basically at same time) being World Events, we dont want to rehash this every week.

Please fix the scoring system, so that a t4 is required on average for a guild to finish the events, the same as Raid and Invasion, and possibly ToD (cant remember exactly for that 1). This will appease most every complaint about the event, outside of the troop limitations but that is done intentionally to get people to play different teams and find new troops much like old daily tasks.

It should not take that long to fix the scoring system. I believe Redi checked numbers within an hour to confirm initial thoughts for what tiers get what with some players giving him data from their tier and fights done.

My complaint about these events, outside of the tier purchase and scoring system, when will we see a Guild leaderboard? We were told that it would be similar to other events and would change based on the event. Last 2 World Events have had Guild based LB at the start, to be “fixed” to individual within 1st few hours.

6 Likes

This week also. After the reset the leaderboard was guild leaderboard. And then “fixed”

1 Like

This is really what all of this boils down to and is something I feel should be openly addressed by the devs. We’re not asking for a lengthy explanation of the business plan or strategy, just for fair costs. Still, I’m guessing the answer is either “We have nothing to announce at this time,” or “We don’t require any amount of spending and all events or optional,” rather than actually confronting a very real concern that has boiled up nearly every time we’ve had a World Event.

By the way, I currently buy T6 for World Events. I want the extra Medal, and I know my score helps compensate for guildmates who buy a lower tier. Once we have multiple World Events per month, I’m going to stop buying T6 because I already know that my resource income can’t support it.

The “powers that be” are not going to trick me into depleting my stash, and I suspect other players feel the same. Many of us who are leaders in our respective guilds even make it a point to actively warn our members about these greedy practices so people don’t waste Gems needlessly. You can ask us to buy T6/7 2-3 times a month all you want but if it’s not sustainable, we will set sustainable goals. If that means giving up that Greater Orb (which is probably a Growth Orb anyway, let’s not kid ourselves) and stopping one stage shy of max…I have precisely zero problem with that.

9 Likes

Wasn’t it 7,000 for Stage 12 yesterday?

7 Likes

Yes, it was 7000.
Quietly and without any announcement devs reduced event requirements.

7 Likes

This is GoW.
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes