Can We Keep Him?

Very true. But that’s my event minimum always. I dont need the rewards or orbs that this or other events provide. But some in my guild do so I do my bit to help them.

1 Like

3x Tigraki Warrior, Stun for Dragotani (Lion and Tiger, Manticore, EK, Wandering Monk), a potion or two, and gg. No need for the new Godslayer or the rest of the weapons :man_shrugging:.

2 Likes

Correct. Unless you are planning on spending and going deep into the event, Korvash and voice of orpheus will do fine. True, weapon options are poor but you will only notice the difference if you go long. I think we all realise that these events don’t warrant that level of gem sink.

1 Like

I’m going to put this in again, in case it was forgotten. We are holding you to your promise that Tier 3/4 will be enough to complete events!

16 Likes

Further to what @HounganAtLarge said above, it is already a challenge for guild leaders to figure out what reasonable minimums are for each and every one of these events. We have to recompute this because every single scoring scheme is different. This is only compounded when we have no idea whether to recommend whether the event should be finished or not. I am perfectly happy telling my guild of mostly level 1,000+ players not to worry about spending gems if finishing is going to absolutely drain them of gems.

6 Likes

I’m getting real tired of the emotional roller-coaster these moronic events have become. Tier 7 for every player in the guild to finish rewards. Whoever does the math for these events either is looking for us to finally break, or needs a box of crayons and something simpler to do as their job. Nothing you put into an event (troops, weapons, medals) will make it worth that much to finish rewards. Wonder if they’ll go the “we’re not talking about it” route this time, or give us some lame excuse about a typo 5 keys away.

Tier 4 average is the only acceptable number, regardless of what come from the reward tiers.

Double down on the stupid with the restrictions while you’re at it.

5 Likes

Am i the only one that sees restrictions as the fun part ? :stuck_out_tongue:
being able to use any troop/weapon in a battle makes battles boring over time…
if anything makes it at least less boring are those fights where there are restrictions…

2 Likes

Considering that the restrictions lead to team builds that looks like a noob just pulled their first two legendary troops, I don’t think its fun. It’s just lazy. They clearly don’t test any of this. It just looks like someone threw a dart at a board.

1 Like

More like drain the swampy coders that is sabotaging the Make Gems Great Again effort.

1 Like

I’m not sure this can be claimed to be a thing. I mean, yeah, World Events were created to replace Raid/Invasion after their conclusions, and Raid/Invasion were meant to be completable with a Tier 3/4 buy-in… but idk. I think that was just for a Raid/Invasion. I’m not saying I want t6+ buy-ins, I just don’t necessarily think the Devs are honour-bound to it based on this statement:

World Events are a new thing, and the Devs can make them as unreasonable as they want :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

Haha, no you are not alone. I think is it fun too - using troops I rarely or never use. That is actually one of the few things I like about World Events. A few more weapons would have been better though.

I am tired of never being certain that tier 4 is enough to complete the world event.
I am sure that the devs intended the world events to be gem sinks: you spend much more and get less - you don’t always get a new weapon or a new troop and each member in a 30 member guild need to buy tier 7 :scream:
But after massive criticism of the awful Council of Chiefs they lowered the points needed to complete all rewards. At last World Event, they lowered the points needed to complete all rewards- after a bug report… this time it seems they are back to gem sink again.

1 Like

And then we start looking at the troops available and see Tigraki Warrior. True damage, boosted by a third of the armor value the target has. Add an event medal (+160% spell damage) and an event badge (+40% spell damage) and suddenly we are doing the armor value of the target as true damage, in addition to what the spell does. Pew. Pew. Pew. Pew. Forced to use the new Godslayer? Why would we even want to include the Godslayer?

3 Likes

Using Dervish. NOW it’s pew pew pew…

It’s very much working as designed and intended.

This person gets it.

Oh, it’s quite tested internally and intentionally designed this way. It’s no mistake that the color locks on the event intentionally lock out the previous Godslayer from Leonis, Wazir.

Although, I have to wonder how well this thread will age, given a future where we already know that most of the weekly events will be World Events, as Raid Mode and Invasions will be only on weekends.

1 Like

I’m reminded of advice often given to the parents of picky eaters. “Keep offering them a food and eventually they’ll try it.” It literally feels like they’re waiting for us to give up and just accept it.

Joke’s on you, devs/publisher. We’re not going to start requiring our guilds to spend T6/T7. You’d think you’d have learned this by now as a result of the repeated backlash. No matter how obscure you make your scoring system, there are people who figure out the estimated costs within hours of an event starting and share it with the wider community. You’re not fooling anyone.

6 Likes

I don’t. There’s only one troop that’s a boss and it shows up after every 4 battles. No point running a boss slayer at the moment. Matron Dragotani is more of a hindrance then the actual boss.

3 Likes

Can’t they just get rid of the World Events?
There’s literally no need to have them.

The Lore could get added elsewhere.
This game’s popularity is spiraling downwards quickly.
Top players are leaving the game, and I could be one of them soon as well.

Unless if the situation changes… for the better.

2 Likes

Not everyone has a late/endgame account.

End-gamers, like ourselves, can make lemonade out of lemons. The posts above demonstrate this. However, a significant portion of the game’s population cannot and have to play the event as it was designed.

According to the event spoilers on Taran’s, this is the last one-off World Event before 5.0 launches.

World Events are the future of the game, for reasons I currently do not have the authorization to provide. They are an integral part of the 5.0 game experience. The context in which World Events are meant to operate around has not yet been revealed publicly yet, and as such currently appear to be really awkward events outside of their originally designed and intended use.

13 Likes

Updated

Updated my numbers a bit but with no significant change (as expected)

I previously averaged at 5.6. After comparing data from 3000+ fights my new average is 5.75

Tier 4 - 94 Sigils - 540 avg points
Tier 5 - 108 Sigils - 621 avg points
Tier 6 - 126 Sigils - 724 avg points

Still not quite enough to finish Reward Stage 11 if everyone buys tier 4
and well short of Stage 12 if everyone buys Tier 6

9 Likes