Can We Keep Him?

I should be thankful, but I don’t really want to get into some weird habit where I have to get disappointed at the devs each Monday and appreciate a score fix on Tuesday.

I’d be really thankful if it worked from the get-go!

Edit: For the last time, thank you for the score fix.

17 Likes

Gotta wonder if we’re recycling the ‘typo’ excuse, going the radio silence™ path, or a new creative excuse will be presented: never a dull moment.

:blush: :man_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

This was from launch yesterday vs Now

chrome_x9VMxeTjh0

12 Likes

SCORING UPDATE FOR WORLD EVENT

Points needed have been cut in half. This puts it easily in Tier 3 range.

Total - [12,000]
Per Player - [400]

Tier 3 - 80 Sigils - 460

11 Likes

Ummm it was announced weeks ago. :wink:

Sarcasm doesn’t always translate well over text. So to make it clear… I’m being sarcastic.:grinning:

3 Likes

For the selfish reason of wanting to see if I need to change my World Event Requirements. (For the potential 4th time)
How does it compare with last months points needed per member?
I assume it’s less. But was hoping you’d have the information more readily available than I do since you seem to enjoy that stuff.

Oh and I also heard the beta for 5.0 has started. If that’s correct. Then you are definitely a beta tester right?
(I honestly don’t know either way so I’m not trying to talk shit if somehow you weren’t selected.)

1166.6 needed per member but scoring was different. That was right at the average for Tier 4.

Yes I am in the beta.

chrome_BvAv8BM1Ff

Previous event courtesy of smash that I had saved.

6 Likes

@Saltypatra are the new beta members going to get the “B” on the forums? And are the old beta members going to have the “B” removed?

I think you mentioned before that you were going to start up a beta server on discord. So you may not feel that the “B” are needed on here.
Though I think it’s beneficial for the community to know when a member makes a statement on here if they are on the beta or not.
For the same reasons you feel it’s important to have a diamond in your image (as well as the other devs/mod).

3 Likes

Thank you for fixing the reward requirements :slight_smile:

But also, argh! :woman_facepalming: Why is it so hard to get it right?

I suppose the people who bought tier 6 before the chance will get refunds for buying more than (now) necessary?

I was actually just wondering about that myself as I read through this thread.

Not sure how I feel either way. I opted not to comment on the ‘new beta’ thread for reasons that I’m sure will soon be obvious.

1 Like

Dude, you’re as bad as Lyrian with teasing information. I’m going to make a wild guess anyway that you were officially hired by I+2 and given the mandate to standardize all the text in Gems of War and Peace. Congrats!

5 Likes

“Hey the patch is going to bring in something that some folks will enjoy while others will hate it.”
-There. I spoiled every future patch. Lol
(Don’t need beta access to have beta “foresight”.)

5 Likes

Oh, no, I didn’t even join the new beta. That’s why I was wondering about the beta badge. I’m just very good at pattern recognition, I don’t need to be there to see what’s coming. (No, I don’t know details…)

Just a fix…they’ve otherwise Fallen Silent on the matter.

6 Likes

This. I’m in a guild that actively pushes to complete events so I’m in the awkward position with these world events of having to make the call on Monday for what target score to recommend to my guild, so that we can theoretically share the burden equally and finish the event (or, in the case of CoC, finish all but the final tier).

If the devs have had to go back and “correct” the scoring repeatedly on these events, I would love to see some official announcement that they’re making adjustments to the “world event code” so that this doesn’t need to happen again. Sure, I’d love an apology with that, but I just want to know what is actively being done so that “wait until Tuesday” doesn’t become the new standard when trying to advise my guild about these events.

Please, devs. Just, please tell us that whatever is causing you to need to repeatedly fix these events post-launch is actually being addressed so we don’t need to play a guessing game every time a world event begins, regarding whether the score requirements are accurate. I literally do not care “who” is at fault for the incorrect scores. I just want to be able to tell my guild that it’s safe to start playing the event on Monday next time.

17 Likes

Yeah, I really don’t understand what’s going on here. It can’t possibly be that the developers are choosing to patch instead of playtest (it takes longer and is more embarrassing), and it probably isn’t that the plan is changing midweek (if there’s some conspiracy to make players spend more, they’d stick to it).

I would really appreciate a comment so that we know what to expect in the future. Hopefully such a comment wouldn’t be met with hostility, because that’s how we stop getting feedback in the future.

Probably the worst thing is that some weeks get fixed and others don’t. Can we just have one standard scoring system for every event? Keep this one, just change the collectible names to fit the new flavor.

1 Like

I would still expect some, but my gut says most of us just want to know this isn’t going to be an ongoing problem and would be happy with an assurance that the root cause has been addressed.

This has been a pattern for like, 3 years now.

1 Like

We pushed a fix yesterday at reset for the world event. I apologise for not posting about this yesterday, as when it happened I was AFK and it was the end of my working day.

3 Likes

Customers understandably begging for details above, get:

:roll_eyes: :man_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes