Can the devs please play their game

Yeah that team wasn’t my problem lack of variety was and nerfing Kraken is only a short term fix.

Seems to be going down the same route they did with other troops such as EK. Everyone shouted out for a nerf and they changed the one thing that wasn’t even a problem to begin with. (Not saying I want EK to be changed).
Same for Wisp. The problem wasn’t surging on 4 matches, but that was the fix somehow.

3 Likes

ive got mixed feelings,
ill be happy with the change if at least some of the most hurt troops will be buffed (like jotnar) to compensate the mechanic change

Could take away the link in wisps and up mana cost, can take trolls out of the game their use more then any other mana generator now since they reworked them, As other gem spawning troops miss like crazy because the code breaker.

Although I’m happy that the bug in gem clusters/blob calculations will finally be addressed, I hope that the dev team plans to revisit and rebalance some troops that rely on 4/5 match traits to be the least bit viable.

1 Like

Why is there no points system for using troops over and over in PVP.

50 times same team/Troops usage gets you same points and bonuses
51 to 75 times get you 20% less outcome points,gold,trophies…
75t to 100 times 60 %
100 + No points.
Numbers are only suggestions !!

Wont this make people switch their meta teams around to actually have fun and try different Builds/Teams Comps.

As for Defense teams :

Situation above would help a bit.

Also, If your team is used 20 times in Defense it should be removed from the Offered Team Pool Automatically.

Or Is it more simple to just Nerf all the troops till game is no more fun…

Please don’t Bash, We are Only Gems !

1 Like

Where did you see that blob calculations would be addressed? I must have skipped over that when I skimmed the thread earlier.

This seems to be their fix for the problem.

Yeah, that’s not addressing blob calculations, as Mithran pointed out above. Until/unless they also change how mana is resolved from blobs, they haven’t fixed the underlying problem: that the code that determines how blobs resolve into sets of gems gives seriously crazy results sometimes. The fact that traits can only fire once off of many simultaneous matches will prevent Kraken and Mab from insta-freezing or OHKOing a team on a lucky troll cast, but such a cast probably still ends up with one or more full Krakens.

(To be clear, I am glad the issue is being addressed. But I think we’d be seeing a different solution if the devs had more hours in the day to throw at the blob-resolution code.)

Edit: didn’t the code at one point resolve blobs as a 5-match with one bonus mana for each additional gem involved? Would that be a reasonable revert, instead of the proposed change? That way clever casts of gem converters (or lucky gem spawns) that create multiple non-contiguous 4+ matches keep their efficacy, but we no longer have Kraken firing off at least nine times from a blob.

I agree that it isn’t a complete solution. It surely isn’t what I would have coded.

I just merely stated that it is the “solution” they have picked.

So if you gain something like barrier for each 4/5 then you will only get one? Isn’t that going to be bad or am I misunderstanding the concept?

I am wondering, why the Devs choose a such solution, yet again, its awful, I mean now you must rework some troops too, just because of Krakens trait. Fix the trait of Kraken if its a problem, dont destroy other troops as well for god sake! This reminds me badly of when the Devs made deathmark status effect useless just because of Deathknight 3rd trait. Lets be honest with ourselves, this change will have massive negative reactions. This is pure unnecessary and one of the reason why King Donboba and other chiefs left the game…

8 Likes

Ok just so i understand correctly…

If i have a team with green seer and kraken, and i use seer to transform red to green for example which creates 2 seperate 4 matches that are completely unconnected krakens trait will only hit once?

4 Likes

Yeah, but also if I understood it correctly this will affect all troops that has a such 3rd trait that takes activates on 4-5 gem matches as well.

1 Like

Such as mab, salad, and EK…

2 Likes

If I understood it correctly as I hope I didnt, yes.
And all because of Krakens 3rd trait…

1 Like

3 Likes

Im not using many of these troops on offense so I will survive. But damn if I only could see the logic.
My opinion is that they could had changed Krakens 3rd trait if its a problem, why change every similar
traits that activates on 4-5 gem matches as well…

1 Like

In response i would like to congratulate the devs in adding kraken to the ever growing list of troops nerfed into the rubbish bin.

R.I.P.
Maw
BD
Famine
Kerby
Fizzy
And now Kraken

Pfft

1 Like

I hope I misunderstood what was said, I still cross my fingers.

1 Like