Campaign Tasks Week 7: How to grind your players into spending gems

This isn’t directed at you specifically, I’ve seen a ton of posts of testing, recording and presenting stats and chance.
But man I wish people put this kind of effort into things that matter instead of cheesy games, the world would be so much better.

As everyone knows, it’s all or nothing. Games? Work? Can’t do both! There’s no way I put the same effort into patient data information in IT in healthcare, the field I work in. Oh wait, I do.

8 Likes

And this is why i might consider posting again in another year
It gets misconstrued immediately, from a general statement on the state of the primary concerns of humanity, to a personal attack on work ethics. :man_shrugging:
I should know better by now I guess

I would pay $10 not to play the campaign. JS.

Good news, you can do that for free.

2 Likes

I think my point went straight over your head. I currently do campaign for free. I would pay $10 to be able to skip it.

1 Like

Such an easy task and like most campaign tasks, combinable with the world event. Just start the world event with 2 troops and a summoning weapon like Deamonomicon in first place.

So essentially you want a bundle that costs USD $10 and gives bonus stats over 10 weeks and throws 100 random things (in future, includes books of deeds). Looks cheap by the current rate of shop items and flash offers.

You don’t actually want to just “skip it” (and get nothing). We understood you the first time and gave appropriate feedback.

1 Like

He literally said “$10 to not play the campaign. Nowhere does the post imply he does not want the rewards that (currently) come from playing, or that Campaigns should be removed from the game altogether.

So while you understand him now, after he clarified, the clarification was only needed because of a misreading, not because the point wasn’t clear from the start — in other words: no, he wasn’t understood the first time, and the feedback wasn’t appropriate.

Frankly, I suspect the first reply was said in jest, and there are people who don’t readily pick up on sardonic irony and/or don’t think it’s funny.

4 Likes

Putting some thought into the structure and dificult of the campaign tasks, plus the amount of gems needed to skip them we can expect the next campaign to be even worse in a sense. We will have some of these more bothersome tasks near the next three new Mythics releases… At that point most of us will probably chose to not pursue a weak Mythic so the gems can be spared for better ones while keeping up with the campaign tasks in order to keep the bonus for GW.

1 Like

Another idea would be to give people that buy the pass the luxury of skipping task for free to match their VIP level. So if you are VIP 20 you get 20 skips over that 10 week period. Seems fair if you are one of those that have spent several grand and it might make others increase their VIP level. Just an idea.

1 Like