Burning Scythe is too powerful in Arena

do Your troops match your hero’s in Warlord. not talking about enemy at all but your own hero and own troops. or is your hero much stronger.?

your troops stay the same, while enemy troops/hero get boosted quite a bit. You therefor cant rely on just using your hero over and over again. Go try it out. I would recommend you starting out on hard.

i have. but once again hero is still your most valuable troop that you have far exceeding your own troops. and not everyone plays warlord 1-4 and for those that don’t it is as I said on normal difficulty all hero. troops=junk/fodder. sure its harder to use hero over and over increase difficulty but that hero is your best troop regardless

and lower lvl people playing arena who do not have a lot of these super hero weps. can get there whole team clobbered by cpl casts on normal.

1 Like

I myself am in 400’s but do hope I can think of all players just not what I like or you like. or how you play or I play should be that way for all

Nobody told you to use the Burning Scythe or the other strong weapons in the arena. If you want to struggle more without playing on harder difficulty you can always find a weaker weapon to use. That way the hero become more similar to the troops, which you prefer.

sure can. Thanks was waiting for permission to do just that!!!

I think you are missing the point of what some of us lower level players were saying here. The Burning Scythe on the Enemy team is too powerful for Normal difficulty setting if you don’t have a comparable weapon AND have your class maxed out.

I used to play the Arena on all the different difficulty settings with Hard typically being the lowest I’d use. However, since this last update, I could barely get 1 or 2 wins in the Arena even with the difficulty setting on Normal specifically because of the Burning Scythe dealing 12 damage to all allies and burning one and putting a crippling disease on another. If it gets charged twice the entire team is wiped out. This can happen in as little as 3 turns if they get a few lucky Extra Turns.

In fact, now that I’ve maxed out my class, I’ve wiped out the entire enemy team myself with the Summer’s Fury on my very first turn because of some lucky Extra Turns that happened to be Red and then when I used the Weapon and generated 6 Red gems, it dropped an Extra Turn for me in Red which charged my weapon again and left a Skull Extra Turn for me to use before I unleashed Summer’s Fury. Game Over.

I’m not complaining, but I would have been pissed if that would have been the Enemy team’s first turn and they completely wiped me out. Which has only ever happened to me with Rock Worms on Hard before.

TL;DR

Some weapons are too OP for Arena to be on an Enemy team for a lower level player that doesn’t have his/her class maxed out.

I agree with what you saying about new players that doesnt have the OP weapons, might have truble facing the enemy team with weapons as Burning Scythe. However I don’t agree with your statement that I am missing the point, I basically had a discussion with a L400 player that said arena was too easy now because of the Burning Scythe.

not what I was saying. so yes you missing the point or you was talking to another L400

seems to me almost same thing LightningStorm said which you agreed with. and was 1 of my points.
second point was hero is a lot more powerful than other troops and tends to be a race to cast faster than opponent. at any difficulty that hero of the person playing is most powerful. not necessarily the AI’s team.

and Dev’s are going to change if I read right,so they must think its a problem to.

Arena is boring right now. It’s all about the hero. The rest of the troops are largely irrelevant.

Arena = Pick 3 random troops. Then just pick an AoE weapon for a hero class that you’ve maxed out for the +5 magic, with mana colours that your troops don’t have. Put the hero in the last position. And then just use your troops as skull shields and hope you can cast your hero’s weapon 2-3 times before the opponents do it. Rinse and repeat. Easy 8 wins every time… :frowning:

2 Likes

Here’s my statistics over which weapon the enemy hero had in the arena this week.
This is from a bit over 300 arena matches.
I’m level 390ish

Burning Scythe: ~52%
Sun and Moon: ~5.3%
Imperial Jewel: ~5.0%
Crescendo: ~4.0%
Summer’s Fury: ~3.3%
Eye of Xathenos: ~2.7%
Spark Rocket 2.0.16: ~2.3%
Runic Blade: ~2.0%
Morthani’s Scythe: ~2.0%
Rest of the weapons are under 2%

It was actually worse on Monday-Tuesday with BS being over 60%
And I used the BS myself in all but 1 arena round where I tried sun and moon.

3 Likes

You miss the point that doing anything else but trying to fill your Heros weapon is effectively detrimental to your success in Arena regardless of what difficulty you play on.
Higher difficulties actually escalate this issue as many troops will not even survive one cast of the Heros weapon on warlord X…

It is not about Arena being too easy and it being fixed by choosing a higher difficulty as you claim, it is about the troops in Arena being basically good for nothing but serving as meat shields for your overpowered hero.
The point of Arena for most players that actually like this mini game is to NOT have insanely powerful spells but a more basic kind of play as a change of pace to general PvP.

Anyways regardless of how much someone might like Arena the way it is now (like beating up toddlers) it was clear from the start that it is not intended to be like this and it will be changed, hopefully really soon.

1 Like

Burning scythe is useless if your hero has the wrong class. also burning scythe sucks as an “overpowered” weapon when i cant even fill it with out a charger troop. Sun and moon are better do to two things. !) it does massive spread damage. 2) it plays support and it does not stop working after i am dead. Burning scythe can burn and disease but those might wear off and then what you swing for another large amount. @ more mana for sun and moon and it deals as much damage or more. 2 cast sun and moon and boom your good. Same can be said of burning scythe but in most cases you cast sun and moon once and you win. Burning scythe is overused not overpowered.

Yeah yeah, BURN them all! kk :stuck_out_tongue:

I was getting opponent with about 80% scythe 10% sun and moon and maybe other 10% for other wep’s.
and I have used myself also and have had no trouble filling for a cast . heck a lucky start and it has been filled before opponent gets there turn. I find this less fun than previous though. loosing a certain feel that the old arena had.

arena fights are faster now though, but be nice if it didn’t lose the enjoyment or fun factor

Yep, removing the class magic bonus would rebalance everything… well hopefully.

Faster, more rewards. Before it was nerfed it was used to grind for souls in 1.7 and before so it returning to that status should lead to no complaints and those who are not focusing on a certain mastery will get the scythe mid to late game so those using should not even complain because they are at the point in the game that they should be turning up their difficulty.