Burning Scythe is too powerful in Arena

i ran against that team… i quit about half way when i realized i was never going to do enough damage.

Agreed! Burning Scythe is WAY too powerful in Arena battles. But then so are several other weapons, depending on the Level of the Player you face. I’m just barely in the 200s, but I constantly face level 890 and up in the arena. I don’t even stand a chance if they equip a decent weapon. For example, the Sun and Moon Weapon I have does a measly 5 damage to all opponents and gives 1 magic to all allies.

However, the teams I’m always up against will have the same weapon (Sun and Moon), but it does 13 damage to EACH member of my team.

There is also “Morintha’s Blade” which also does 13 damage to each player.

How the hell do they expect us to compete with that bullshit?

They fixed the Arena to give decent soul payouts now, but made it so difficult to get past 2 or 3 wins that I feel like I’m just wasting gold. I’d rather just take that gold and BUY SOULS directly than be punished round after round in the Arena. Having to pay to get that punishment is absolutely asinine as far as I’m concerned.

This went from a game that I’ve had fun playing and enjoyed for the most part for about a year, to a game that I dread playing. I don’t even understand how it works anymore.

All the new traits and leveling kingdoms, just seems like a big pain in the ass to me.

It feels like the devs are leaning more towards a Pay 2 Win scheme these days and it’s making me NOT want to play.

I used to enjoy playing the Arena and the fake ass PVP, but now it just feels too hard to compete without forking over money.

1 Like

I do not have the same issues as you do with the arena, I have completed 5 or 6 arena’s full 8 wins and nothing less so far since 1.0.9. Although I will say the battles after 5 or 6 wins are much tougher and usually are down to 1 troop on each side.

I don’t know if it’s just bad luck or what cuz after some testing on my best friends’ account, I get 8 wins with no problems. But that account is significantly lower than mine and doesn’t face OP weapons. However, on my account, I’m lucky to get any wins. On my account, It’s usually down to what weapon they use. If they are using one of the weapons that does 12+ damage to ALL enemies, then I’m pretty much screwed unless I can get lucky enough to deny them the colors they need.

I don’t have the Burning Scythe or Morintha’s Blade that does 12 or 13 damage to all enemies. My best offensive weapon in the Arena seems to be the Staff of Madness since it takes the red and purple that the Burning Scythe does and it deals 9 damage to all enemies and steals a random stat from each enemy. However, I can barely pull off a single win with it, much less an entire Arena Battle.

I’ve won all 8 battles in the Arena ONCE since the update and that was after hours and hours and hours of playing and mostly losing.

I never had this problem until this update. However, I’m not sure if the update has anything to do with it or if it’s just my level of 206? I don’t recall ever facing level 890, 895, 899, etc. in the Arena before, but now and since about level 195 or so that is what I’m typically up against.

I feel like I have the difficulty setting on HARD even though I don’t. Yet, I used to WIN Arena Battles on HARD all the time before. I’m afraid to even attempt it now considering I’m lucky to get 2 or 3 wins on NORMAL lately. LOL

You probably should have read all the comments. Currently there is a bug that makes a Hero class’s magic bonus to specific mana colour weapons(effectively 5 additional magic) also work in Arenas. It isn’t supposed to be that way and it will be fixed.

Now until this is fixed i can only advice you to use a weapon in Arena that fits to your hero class’s bonus magic colour.
You mentioned Sun and Moon, you will get that magic bonus to Sun and Moon if you pick the Hero class Sorcerer for example(there are others). If you are any other hero class atm, and don’t want/can change, you should look up what its bonus magic colour is in your hero menu and pick a weapon accordingly.

1 Like

Clearly, I missed the text about the bug, but it just confirms what I was wondering.

I mentioned Sun and Moon simply to show the difference of power my opponents typically have compared to me. Right now my bonus mana color is Red, so I try to use a RED weapon like the Staff of Madness (mostly to deny the enemy team who in 95% of cases has the Burning Scythe). But it still doesn’t compare to my opponents OP weapons.

Again, I’m also versing opponents that are pushing level 900 yet I barely made it to 200 myself these last few days. But you mention that it’s a bug and will be fixed. Had I seen that text you are talking about, I wouldn’t even have bothered posting and just looked forward to the fix.

It’s not about bonus mana, it’s about bonus magic. Leveling up your hero class to 20 grants +5 magic in a single color, this bonus is currently also active in arena. The Burning Scythe (Red/Purple) is seen most often because it gets boosted by three classes (Warlord has Red, Sorcerer has Purple, Necromancer has Purple).

I now see what you were saying about burning scythe, it seems its the only weapon thats being chosen against me in arena now. Maybe I was lucky it wasnt being used, now I’m standing almost 0 chance against it.

I must say since 1.0.9, it appears a bunch of the “fun” has been taken out of the game. I’m now unable to succeed in arena, and PvP sucks since the difficulty has been increased once I hit rank 1. I hope they fix this soon before I find something that replaces this game.

Not really, I just wanted to use the meme.

3 Likes

Everyone is complaining about burning scythe and i am destroying teams with crescendo or the necro book

1 Like

What is the crescendo and the necro book? I don’t seem to have it.

I am having better luck in the Arena now though cuz I finally got my class to max level.
I still don’t have the Burning Scythe, but I do have Summer’s Fury which also does 12 damage to ALL enemies and generates 6 red gems (which is the color it takes). So I actually have a chance now that I Maxed my class.

It seemed to take forever to earn the souls in the Arena 1 win at a time. But I finally did and NOW I actually stand a chance. Woot!

So, Max Level your Kingdom AND Max out your Class, THEN you finally have a chance to get some WINS.

ROFLMAO!!!

As far as Necro book…no idea, I’ve never heard of it.

I think he meant…

2 Likes

Thank you both! Don’t have either of them yet, but will be looking forward to getting them. :grin:

1 Like

Actually, any AoE hero weapon (like Crescendo) stands a pretty good chance against burning scythe in arena mode. I’ve had good succes with both Sun and Moon and Black Manacles.

I think the real problem here is that not everyone has their CLASS MAXED out, so they can’t compete with players that DO have their Class Maxed. At least that seems to be the case for me. Now that I’ve Maxed my Class, I’m not having nearly the problems I was before.

Thank you for helping me understand this better. I’m doing so much better now that my Class is Maxed.

Yes the weapons i mentioned above are the weapons that were the weapons shown above.

I want no Changes for the Arena so far!
Since the newest Update the Arena is finally more attractive again.
The Burning Scythe is a great addition to this Point.
Thats the Reason why I am playing the Arena again since so many Month.
With the right Strategy and Team Constellation are many wins possible.