Buffs to legendary troops

Kind of the opposite. PVP losing difficulty has made it harder to accumulate souls. I finally got dragon armor, after using celestial for a while, & man, do I notice the difference.

I think adding an Extra Turn to ANY Legendary has too high of abuse potential , just look at Queen Mab

1 Like

While i welcome any buffs to Behemoth, in my opinion he is the last legendary that should be made “smaller” and more efficient. If there is any legendary that should put the fear of god in your opponent with his spell, shattering the ground and causing havoc it is Behemoth!
Maybe even make him do damage to his own allies to offset making his spell more powerful and devastating, it would fit the troop so much better.

1 Like

I would like to see Venoxia’s true damage buffed.
Carnex gain more armour.
Sheggra with better traits.

1 Like

Liking the thought of Carnex gaining armor that scales off of magic. “Explode 3+[magic/2] random skulls. Gain 3+[magic] armor, boosted by brown gems destroyed (1:1)”. Buffing Carnex’s armor gain would probably let his trait be left alone. 'Cause honestly, having a troop with 18 attack, plus 19 from his armor/trait, would make for an absolutely terrifying front-line troop at the start of a match.

1 Like

(LONG POST AHEAD!)

So, I had a little more time to give this thought and a once over the list of #HardlyLegendaryLegendaries… Here’s some more ideas:

Abhorath
Spell: also gain +5 Life, boosted by 1xgreen gems removed on board. If 10+ brown gems were removed, gain an extra turn.
Traits: Arcane is useless on him, replace with Regeneration. Third trait is rubbish: replace with Growing Threat: gain +1 to all skill stats when an ally casts a spell.

Behemoth
Spell: increase cost by 1, and base damage by 2. Also gain +3 Attack, boosted (1:1) by green gems destroyed.
Traits: fine as is.

Bone Dragon
Needs no buffing… actually needs a little tuning down, but I am sticking by my principle that this a buffs-only thread.

Borealis
Spell: change to choose target for the damage, and boost damage by blue gems on board (2:1). Add +1 mana cost.

Bunni’Nog
Spell: change to gain +7 Attack and Life, and double this gain effect if the enemy dies.
Traits: rubbish but funny, leave as is.

Carnex
Spell: as above, change to explode red gems or skulls, and Armour gain to +10.

Celestasia
Recently had a minor nerf, still strong and popular. Leave as is.

Crimson Bat
Recently had a buff, is strong and popular. Leave as is.

Gar’Nok
Spell: Remove the damage to allies as irrelevant. Summon the Orc before giving the Attack buff. 50% chance to create 7 skulls on the board. 50% chance to gain an extra turn.
Traits: Replace Armoured with Marauder Bond. Rework Orclord (as it currently achieves nothing) to: increase all skull attack damage dealt by allies by 20% if I am in the last position.

Gloom Leaf
Spell: remove stealing Attack, and steal flat 5 Armour per enemy, instead gain Attack and Life scaling with magic and purple gems in play (2:1).
Traits: rework Thorns to reduce attack damage suffered by 50%, and to reflect the 50% cancelled back at the attacker (i.e. it has Stoneskin built-in as well as its current effect).

Goblin King
Spell: change gain Life effect to give all allies +3 Life, boosted by gems removed (3:1). Give him +to magic stat so that when maxed his Goblin is level 20 not level 17 as mine is!
Traits: could replace Regeneration with say Stone Link (for most of battle he doesn’t get hit), or could leave as is I guess…

Gorgotha
Very strong and popular, leave as is.

Hydra
Spell: leave as is - situational but can be very strong.
Traits: third trait is rubbish, rework Many Heads to: Deal 20% of attack damage to all other enemies when attacking.

Infernal King

Jarl Firemantle

Keeper Of Souls
Spell: listening to the above, I think we add: gain +Magic souls.
Traits: rework Soul Legion as 25% chance to summon a random Undead troop (any from the list) when an ally dies.

Kerberos
Spell: remove all gems of the target enemy’s colour to boost both the damage and the devour chance (adjust base level damage and chance accordingly). Also change his colours to Red/Brown or Red/Purple.
Traits: replace Pyromania with almost anything I’d suggest Daemon Bond, or Jinx, or Fire Spirit. Then rework Gate Guardian as, if any enemy troop is summoned by an effect, immediately Devour it. That’ll learn 'em.

Moloch
Pretty commonly used, leave as is.

Orion
Spell: remove randomness of damage, and the magic stat gain. Instead set damage to good level (say 80% of its current range), and add double damage if enemy under Hunter’s Mark, then apply Hunter’s Mark.
Traits: change True Shot to 50% chance to ignore Armour when dealing any damage.

Psion
Pretty commonly used, leave as is.

Queen Mab
'nuff said…

Reaver
Isn’t a legendary, but I just wanted to add - ‘get some new art, I hate that art!’

Shadow Dragon
Spell: leave as is.
Traits: absolutely agree, rework Darkfall to gain +1 Magic when matching purple, not Attack stat…

Sheggra
Spell: leave as is.
Traits: just don’t work… Replace Aflame with Fireproof (and make it first trait before Huge). Replace third trait with Heat Sink gain +2 mana whenever the enemy matches red gems.

The Great Maw

The Silent One
Spell: reduce spell cost by 1-2 mana. Silence does a lot less now than it did when he was dangerous.
Traits: compensating for spell cost change, also replace Water Link with Armoured. His third trait is cool, but he’s too fragile to actually use in first slot, this would help.

Venoxia
Spell: tweak spell to also deal 2 extra true damage to poisoned enemies.
Traits: replace Nature Brand with Nature Heart… and Arcane is worthless here, replace with Impervious (as the third trait is fun but not that strong)

Webspinner
Spell: Add +3 bonus damage to poisoned enemies, then poison them all.

…phew…

So, thoughts? feedback? @Sirrian @Nimhain?

5 Likes

I fear you may have swung too far in the opposite direction with some of these.

Abhorrath doesn’t need a chance at an extra turn, since the replacement board can have a 4- or 5-match drop in, in place.

What does “as above” mean for Carnex? I am lazy. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not a fan of your new Gloom Leaf, as it means a skull-based team will take GL’s total life + armor in reflected damage; I get that it is supposed to be legendary, but it’s not the freaking Shrike!

Lower the devour chance on Gate Guardian to 50% and we have a winner.

With these changes to Orion, his spell cost would have to be bumped up to 15-16.

Not sure I like the new Sheggra. I’d go with Aflame, Huge, and +1 mana on enemy red matches. (Thematically, Fireproof should be in there as well, but there is no room for it. :sweat:)

Anything I didn’t comment on, I like.

Thanks, I’ll leave it to see what more comments arise and then put some balancing edits through…

@lyya always has something to say? :slight_smile:

I like most of the changes. I’m wondering if Orion’s True Shot was buffed to 100% would that make him powerful enough to see a TS meta return? Perish the thought! I would love to see Hunters Mark redirect skull dmg to the marked troop regardless of position per your previous suggestion. That alone I think would make Orion more viable.

Overall, I like the direction you are going. I am on mobile now so a detailed reply will have to wait till later.

Interestingly, Gar’Nok works that way on consoles. Orc is summoned then everyone is buffed including that Orc.

1 Like

Some of these are ridiculously powerful.

I like the idea of Goblin King (1) getting the magic buff to summon fully leveled goblins and (2) buffing all troops with his spell. That would make him more usable. Maybe.

Also, with Orion. I’ve played around with him a bit now and I quite like him. My suggestion would be this: every time he casts he gains +5 magic. The +5 magic raises the ceiling on the amount of damage that he does. What about raising the floor on the amount of damage he does as well? If you raise it by five it would start with base 3 then 8 then 13. That’s not too strong, is it?

Pretty small tweak but it would make him a lot more useful.

I agree with most of your points, except I love reaver’s art…however Sparkgrinder’s art is difficult for me to even look at in passing. Simply awful.

Feel free to suggest a few more improvements, or make specific comments on ones that could be toned down.

Powerful is the aim, after all, but not over-powered…

@lyya still waiting for your elucidating input…

1 Like

Some great ideas here as long as they don’t tweak KoS too much. I find his ability to choose a color to convert to skulls to be so powerful. I can use him against even an armor team with my set up. Armor only last so long when I can cascade 3 screens of skulls. I’ve had a lucky start in PvP were the other team got one turn before I took them all out

hero sorcerer* w/ Morgain syche (or however it’s spelled the purple blade.
Giant Spider ***
Valk ***
KoS ***
Purple/purple banner

I can knock out Full trained Gorgathon (so) teams with that.

1 Like

I think giving Epics or Legendaries an Extra Turn is too powerful.

Most of these are unnecessary, you people just haven’t found the key to synergize these Troops. No shame in it, even the most-strategically minded players haven’t found them all yet.

Congratulations on coming up with the most condescending and patronising post I’ve seen in a long time.

I confess I haven’t come in with that clever synergy to make all these other legendaries as powerful or efficient in teams as the more popular ones.

I’m sure with your genius insight we can all make Gar’Nok as popular as Queen Mab or Gorgotha. Do tell?

8 Likes

I don’t recall saying I have all the answers.

As for Gar’Nok, I’ve yet to Trait him (Consoles got Grosh-Nak in April and Moloch is a higher priority) but at first glance he’d be good with an Attack scaler or booster. Abhorath and Venoxia come to mind.

but you have?

Again, don’t recall saying I have all the answers.