Bored spreadsheet corner

With all the commotion about pending update, it may have slipped our minds that it will soon (next week) be a year since chaos orbs were reworked in 6.7 patch.

To celebrate this festive occasion, here are about a yearsworth of opened orbs (might’ve been more but I’m mostly lazy in using vault keys)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Within the same update fan favorite most valuable unit of Dragonite Gnome was also added. I must say it has really been a blast!

Speaking of overall gnomes…I was too dumb, as you can plainly see, to start counting all gnomes at game 1 - so I just omit one Dragonite Gnome from my big nice and pretty gnome chart to sort of compensate for my slip-up.
dragonite2

Capture

Yeah, yeah, the usual caveat that I’ve repeated in a few times in the past about Pet Gnomes sort of messing up the thing, but I’m not interested in double bookkeeping (for PvP/non-PvP), and it doesn’t really change the ballpark so…sue me if it makes you feel better.

Anyhow, I’ll probably drop in a thing or two from my spreadsheets here from time to time when I feel like it.

14 Likes

Amazing data collection! Very interesting to see this, thank you for posting it!

And a slightly painful reminder that I have yet to get a single Major Orb of Forging. Ever.

1 Like

thanks for the data, always love it!

To celebrate PvP rework and uncertainty how my style of vault weekend pet rescue hunting pans out, let’s share pet drops from rescues (March 8, 2021 until December 13, 2023).

1 Like

Since there was something mentioned about vault key contents in another thread, here comes about 7800 keys (normal + epic), if anybody feels like sifting through and analyzing because, allegedly, keys have been nerfed, I hear.

Recording (OpenOffice spreadsheet) starts at the introduction of vault battle difficulty selector - all battles done on hard - while actual key opening dates begin somewhere in September of 2022.

Normal keys go in plain black text, epic keys go in bold pink; (for easier overview of epic in particular you’ll probably have to manually copy then into another spreadsheet tab because I was too lazy).

Chaos orbs go by their kind (minor/major or minor/normal/major in case of glory orb) so you’d have to sum them for drop rate (as Cedric drops orb of chaos and not, for example, orb of growth specifically);
Card drops also go by name - for droprate one would have to count and sum individual entries into categories of Common/Verse Gnome/Cedric/Tarot card.

That’s about it, I suppose.

This here link will go inactive after 30 days

This link should not expire, but it’s not a well known international file hosting service

4 Likes

Wow! That’s an incredible amount of data.

Let’s celebrate a little - 2-token and 3-token chests have caught up with each other!
Funnily enough, the previous time it happened was about exactly a year ago - January 1, 2023…I’m curious what will happen now because last time 2-token chests went to +70 within a week and then it took entire year to break even again (including +100 high (or better: -100 low for 3-token chests) for 2-token chests) somewhere in the middle.
Of course, the result is what it is thanks to 3-token Hoard Mimic chests as without them smaller ones would still be ahead.

For clarity,
Actual chests are the times I encountered Mimic/Hoard Mimic chests and
Virtual chests are extra lines I added for those chests (1 duplicate line for Mimic chest/4 duplicate lines for Hoard Mimic chest).

2 Likes

After getting that elusive 6th cosmic dragon
in 29 eggs, if my counting skills aren’t deceiving me, and a lot of fun at cursing the person(s) deliberately and knowingly doing the stuff the way the stuff is implemented (because inanimate random is not something I’d direct my frustration against), here are some daily dungeon tidbits

First, opening order was 123456 for all days (I thought of switching it sometime, maybe at 365 or whatever significant number done, but ultimately was too lazy to do so);
Second, 54 perfect runs during said time period of 481 recorded days (but there were 2 non-perfect days that I forgot to record so only 479 data entries, remembered right after next daily reset);
Third…

Battle combination Times Percentage of total Difference from ideal distribution
123 28 5,85 0,85
124 18 3,76 -1,24
125 25 5,22 0,22
126 26 5,43 0,43
134 28 5,85 0,85
135 20 4,18 -0,82
136 27 5,64 0,64
145 35 7,31 2,31
146 21 4,38 -0,62
156 17 3,55 -1,45
234 29 6,05 1,05
235 34 7,10 2,10
236 18 3,76 -1,24
245 19 3,97 -1,03
246 26 5,43 0,43
256 24 5,01 0,01
345 26 5,43 0,43
346 25 5,22 0,22
356 19 3,97 -1,03
456 14 2,92 -2,08

7 Likes

Let’s suppose you’re pretty sure how mythic points work.

I’ve been opening only glory chests/glory for chests since the tracking begun.
Also, chests only opened on new mythic release (and I don’t care for getting 4x copies for some dubious bragging rights - when I get one copy, I stop chasing.)

1 Like