Bombot vs. Drain Life - this doesn't seem right

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?

Was expecting my Bombot to take out the enemy’s Wight, but it survives with 4 Life no matter how much damage I do.

Looks like Life Drain is somehow triggering after the troop dies and resurrecting it. If it triggered while the troop was still alive, they’d get the +4 life buff and then die from the Bombot. But dead troops can’t use their skills after death (obviously) so something is seriously wacky here.

Was having a blast (ha!) with a new Honor + Bombot team but this brings it to a screeching halt. The damn Life Drain troops are immortal despite taking like 100+ damage at once. Drives me nuts. Uploading… Uploading…

What are the steps to make it happen again?

Kill any troop with Life Drain using any troop that kills themselves (Bombot, Dwarven Slayer). Happens every time.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

before & after screen shots… note the Bombot has way more than enough Armor to kill the whole enemy team.

Yeah, it seems like the order of events is “take damage, apply traits, check for death.” Wasn’t what I was expecting, but then again (for Explore farming at least) it’s easy enough to bring along an AoE troop like Flame Cannon to finish the job.

Well, except Honor’s last trait isn’t nearly as awesome in Explore. :frowning: And I don’t have room on that team to swap in someone who does damage the normal way.

Sigh. Stupid self-resurrecting Wight. You’re breaking the laws of biology.

I reported this in 2.1, and it hasn’t been fixed yet. I think I saw a dev (maybe Sirrian) say they were looking at timing for 2.2, since it would require a decent amount of code rewriting.

Hilariously, Lyya, Dwarven Slayer DOES overcome life drain, tested against a Vampire Lord. So either the problem is specific to Wight, or it’s specific to Bombot. It doesn’t seem to be a generic timing issue.

Sacrificial Priest does not, though. And yeah, it is the Life Drain trait, it doesn’t matter who is using it (this is especially annoying when exploring Ghulvania).

Not true!

Bumping this thread, as there was mentioned hope of it possibly being fixed in 2.2, but it still works the same way.

1 Like

I Still have this problem when fighting, causes many extra turn is more than 1 life drain (and more than 1 bombot)