Blood on the Sand

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/blood-on-the-sand/

New Invasion Troop: Kartek the Climber

Kartek the Climber will be available in the Invasion Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Raksha Free-Blood

Raksha Free-Blood will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Rope Dart

This week it will be available in both the Invasion shop, and in the Soulforge.

2 Likes

Second Prideland Invasion troop… But different type this time. Well played devs. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

so that means all other kingdoms are getting another invasion troop… and if there’s a 2nd invasion troop, there will be a 2nd raid troop. hmm…

I doubt this one.
The first Invasion troop can’t be used this week.

2 Likes

raid troop selection is tied to kingdom so we can use the (should be) already mythic boss counter

1 Like

You guys might be right. I don’t know, I guess if they want multiple Invasion troops per kingdom and 1 Raid troop, the balance will be kind of off in the long run.

Regarding the art:

• The first troop art is weird… Neck too long, her gran-grandmother might have had an affair with a “giraffeman” or something and her right shoulder is too high compared to her left one and her right arm seems… lifeless… the whole body composition is odd in general. Her thighs could smother a man or crack skulls though…

• The second one is ok, only his clothes seems a bit too flat.

Rope Dart is a nice addition for our arsenals, i hope it doesn’t have stupid upgrades like “Entangle all your allies” to ruin it.

1 Like

Really?

Well, that suck then, liked the rhyno lot more than this one.

Rope Dart Upgrades, from Rope Dart - Weapons - Gems of War Database

1. Armor Bonus : +2 Armor
  2. Attack Bonus : +2 Attack
  3. Attack Bonus : +2 Attack
  4. Attack Bonus : +2 Attack
  5. Magic Bonus : +1 Magic
  6. Mighty : Gain 2 Attack
  7. Tangling : Entangle the first enemy
  8. Solar : Destroy 3 random Red Gems
  9. Quick : Gain an extra turn
2 Likes

I hope this happens in a proper order to entangle the “new first troop”, but well an Extra Turn on the last upgrade is a nice touch with the Red Gems being destroyed as Red is the basic color of most Rakshas.

It read as you move an enemy to first slot with the spell, them upgrades trigger.

Indeed, but “bugged as intended” sometimes happens… :skull:

4 Likes

Move to first slot, entangle, get an extra turn… This is starting to scream really broken lol… Only partially against Zuul’Goth though.

ykP1ryG

What type of weapon is it? Dagger or Spear?

It’s a missile.

It sounds weird, but there are enough moving parts in Gems of War that this happens. Two recent examples spring to mind. When Doomskulls were first introduced, they would explode 4+ matches and prevent them from granting an extra turn. And currently, weapons with an “explode a gem” affix will resolve before 4+ matches do. These were coded correctly in the code base, but there was an unintended interaction between newly-added elements and existing mechanics.

In short, “correctly coded, but with unintended consequences” happens. Whether or not this is a bug seems seems like a philosophical question.

1 Like

Either I’m having a very unlucky chest opening streak or Stone-Shaker is missing in event chests. Could somebody opening event chests please confirm getting (or not getting) one?

I got the two i needed after 150+ event keys, open 1 by 1 and i got a second Ubastet XD, in the process.

3 Likes

Thanks, looks like event chests just don’t like me. :persevere: