Black and White Magic

Which part of “comparing apples to oranges” do you not understand? You posted a picture of an apple. If I post a SS of an orange, what does that achieve? We did not take the same troops all the way, as I tried to clarify with the next point.

Again the information is in front of you. In the leaderboard screenshot, #31 was ahead of #32 while doing 17 fewer battles. At that # of battles, each troop could be worth around 60 points for 17 battles is a LOT of ground to catch up on, yet still #31’s ahead. So the route taken has the largest say in how many points you get in the end. This part is RNG and I’ve never argued otherwise.

But what I have demonstrated if you would care to read 2 paragraphs in the linked G-Sheet, is that were ANY person individually to take the same routes, and skipped Kurandara, by the end of Tier 3 sigils, that person would be ahead in points statistically. Moreover, the points available for taking from that point onwards would be at a higher gear, netting 6-7 more points every 3 battles thereafter. I’m sorry you cannot follow logic.

This is my last post on this because I find you are arguing for the sake of arguing, and maybe I overestimated your level of education. You don’t understand logical arguments or the analogy of comparing apples to oranges. It also makes the forum nasty because like all your other posts, it’s always about putting the devs and other people down. I’m not going to participate in that. The information is in front of you. Read it or not, your choice.

/muteall awryan

3 Likes

I want to share my personal data too!

This is from buying Tier 6, but missing the last battle, Minogor Level 400, which give 43 points, to a total of 2,645.

It’s quite curious that this is the only time, right on the last day, that better option than Kurandara has shown up. In other 22 times, it’s early when no room is over 24, or when Minogor and Pride does, only Chief and Mongo are the option.

I did a calculation for alternate runs, to see what happened if all 22 times, I pick them instead of Kurandara.

• All mongo would result in getting around 100 lower. It could be done, but not profitable.
  • All Chief would actually give me almost 100 more point. Might be less in practice, as sometimes only 3 Mongo are available.
  • If I pick some Mongo or Pride when they are available but still under Level 210, it would give me a lot more, but as I don’t know how often it happened, I can’t do the calculation.

I think if I completely abandon Chief in favor of Mongo, it might give better point as well. Does the Rarity play a part in its appearance? It seems when all rarities gave the same point, it’s a safer bet to skip the higher one.

So yes, while RNG on guessing which room will show up the most play a big part, skipping Kurandara can be profitable, although it doesn’t look like it in short term.

Still, I would rather make the best of the limited sigils I have to earn most point with immediate option, so I’m fine with my decision. Sigils efficiency is more important to me. It’s not fun to try to game the system, when RNG can easily screw me over.

Beside, different is not that big for just helping my guild finish all reward. Chasing leaderboard will be a different story, but it’s not something I will personally do anyway.

Welcome to the club, dude. I wish you realize it sooner. Arguing with entitled and ignorance people will alway be a waste of time, both online and in real life. So better ignore them and instead spend time on something more productive.

2 Likes

Isn’t this essentially what you were looking for? Granted, I fought Kurandara more than just once, but:

1. There were at least a couple of times where Kurandara was the only presented option
  2. This was my approach:

The advice to skip Kurandara even before a group reached level 220 was good, and largely informed my approach to the Event.

Given our ability to be selective in battle choice (to an extent) I maintain that there would be separate ‘break points’ for each group of enemies, in terms of the number of Sigils you expect to play and whether or not it’s worth skipping Kurandara from the start over that group.

If I wasn’t able to be selective, and was forced to battle each of the different enemy groups in turn, the advice would be even more relevant, rather than just applying to the battles I chose to keep taking and levelling (in this case, Minogor and Pride, while keeping Mongo and Stronghorn low).

Played a few more battles on Sanka:

Essentially, if you got to 1,513 in fewer battles than this, while taking more Kurandara battles as shown, you probably deserve an apology for the spreading of dangerous/misleading advice. Otherwise, I was pretty grateful for it.

If someone was only going to play 30 Sigils throughout the week, though, it most likely wouldn’t apply and would be best to take Kurandara right away.

No. I requested it from the guy who said to skip all but one Kurandara battles. So he should have a big old 2 next to the wing. But he doesn’t. So therefore he’s not posting it.

Yes. I believe that. Which is why it’s bad to tell folks to skip something they can’t skip. Because he literally didn’t know any better.

I posted my SS as an example of what I was looking for.
Here’s my total for this week… Having never skipped a Kurandara battle and the last hour trying to burn Sigils by choosing low level matches.

Because my data wasn’t intended to be a factor at the end of the week. He agreed his would be. But he gladly posted everything but it. Then decided I should have a flag party in my honor for being awright it seems. :man_shrugging:

1 Like