Black and White Magic

Pride 200 will give me… 23 Hides. Chief at 110 will give me… 14 hides. Oh. Okay, do the lower rarity one. Got it. Makes sense. Lower rarity, higher level, higher difficulty. But the level is only that high because I’ve repeatedly done it more than Chief Stronghorn. Or Stronghorn shows up less, which makes sense given its rarity, but doesn’t make sense given that he has the same rewards.

Nooooo! Pride is slowly leaving me and taking his valuable points with him!

Okay… well, now I HAVE to fight Chief Stronghorn. It’s either 14 hides from him or 9 from Mongo. The best part (and by best I mean stupid)? The Chief Stronghorn fights aren’t all the same… so they won’t all level up equally. The top one is Cloudstalker/Soothsayer/Stronghorn/Bullygnoll. The middle one is Soothsayer/Bullserker/Stronghorn/Earthcaller. The bottom one is Bullserker/Skeleros/Soothsayer/Stronghorn.

So now, after doing the top Level 110 Chief Stronghorn, that one levels to 120, but the remaining two, since they are different teams, are still 110. Thankfully I got a Pride…

At this point I’m just trying to actively avoid the Chief Stronghorn fights, because I know there is one that’s at level 120. Why would I want to rotate and try to level up three different Chief Stronghorns?

Okay, now that I defeated Kurandara, the map reset:

At this point, Pride (26 points at level 230) is worth MORE than Kurandara (24 points), but Kurandara can reset the map, which is very useful. I mean, now I’m just stuck with low levels across the board:

Ugh…

I’ve always disliked this idea that I’m “ahead” in some areas but behind in others. It’d be like doing Towers of Doom and getting to Floor 25 but all the rooms are level 10 battles and give half the rewards… (if you could give half a scroll, that is).