Between Raids and Invasions, which do you prefer?

Overwhelming result. Just kill off Raid mode and alternate GW and Invasions!

4 Likes

What are bounties? Is that another one?

1 Like

I think they are both here to stay either way, so making them better is al that Iā€™d like to see happen.

• More rewarding per battle

• Tier purchases more compensated

Just a few tweaks need to be made and I think weā€™ll have some great game modes because the challenge of winning is fun.

6 Likes

Invasions by far. I just hope that raid boss hasnā€™t made me soft in GW. Not use to being decimated so much.

1 Like

I see more people take a poll when itā€™s on its own thread and not the middle of one, great idea @Tacet !

Guild warsā€¦

1 Like

I prefer GEARS OF WARā€¦

1 Like

reckon iā€™m around 15%.

like i said the disparity between birds appearing for players makes both raid and invasion a joke.

the biggest joke is even when people say the same thing elsewhere people want to pretend otherwise.

everybody gets treated the same in gears cuz the game is designed that way.

First of all, from where my Guild stands all of those modes net nothing to us. We arenā€™t going to cover the expenses for partecipating.

Guild Wars is more exciting, beside youā€™re fighting against other peopleā€™s ingenuity. Also, they count as PVP and thatā€™s a good thing.

Raid: I like the race against sure death by ZulThing but I cannot understand why the range of enemies is so narrow. Also, pitiful rewards and time consuming.

Invasion: no sure death but no thrill either, also Iā€™m basically demolishing them by force of mace. Better rewards, if nothing else.

Also I donā€™t like the blatant Pay-per-Play in the Raid and Invasion moods. Mainly because I donā€™t see whatā€™s in it for the paying customers.

4 Likes

None. Too much gems required.

1 Like

Itā€™s not mandatory. Once you pay to get a new card - this goes to help upping the Kingdomā€™d income and level BTW - and itā€™s 100 gems for the week, you play until you have tokens. Then you stop.

1 Like

I dont like these 2 game modes because they require too much gems for top 100 in comparison of what we receive in these top 100.
In the end, only 1 player win the Orb of power, the rest have put 1000, 2000 or even more gems for 100 or 250 gems and 1 or 2 orb as a reward.

Also Im not sure that creating a leaderboard that work mainly like a ā€œSales by auctionā€ is a good thing.

You know for the Raid players dealt only have to put in 250 Gems with near perfect play, or 500 if they are sloppy. There is no need to spend over 2000 Gems per player to unlock P10

I do completely agree the ā€œGuildā€/team rewards are very inadequate for both modes.

Edit: Oh I see you were talking about foolish players chasing the single player leaderboard, well thatā€™s their prerogative to burn Gems uselessly.

2 Likes

Have you got a none option. Iam in a Top 20 guild and canā€™t complete both of them. Due to tech issues with one if them.

Getting two orbs of growth and an orb of clans after having a whole guildā€™s worth of people doing something feels like a slap in the face. I prefer neither with the awful rewards.

3 Likes

Yes, as a guild leader who needs to set up future req. for both Raid boss and Invasion modes, I am totally aware of what is required to close 10 portals and kill 5250 Towers. (well for the Towers, I still need some testing these next days).

I still maintain my comment: I dislike both game modes because they dont offer enough for the top 100 in comparison of what is needed to be in the top 100.
I could really go for the 1st rank but that would mean droping 5000 gems for a gain ofā€¦700. So is an orb of power worth 4300 gems? Well at least the 1st guy have this orb but from ranks 2 to 100ā€¦no comment!

A game mode based on ā€œSales by auctionā€ for the 1st prize is a crap idea. Seems the devs run out of ideasā€¦I notice they also took many ideas from Borderlands lol (colour rarity for troops are exactly the same, now the treasure gnome like the legendary loot midget from bl,ā€¦) I wonder if they have a contract with Gearbox.

6 Likes

@Tacet , you are the man, and you are why I have gotten so good at the game. I havenā€™t watched you in a long time but youā€™re the reason I did so good in the beginning. Thank my friend!

1 Like

@Tacet This comparison is like comparing a red apple with another red apple. You are simply just trying to determine which one is fresher, and which is older. Raid and Invasion have the same concepts behind them outside different bosses. I do not see a difference in what troops we use, even if one is kingdom set and the other is type set. Nor do I see a difference in the progressive nature of them, or the leaderboards, or any variance in rewards. So unless they were widely different I could really say which one I prefer. However, since they are very similar in many ways as stated in the aforementioned texts. A red apple or a red apple, is still a red apple in the end.

edit GoW just needs to pick one, and dispose of the other. And if they still want another mode, replace it with one that is actually different. And they could do this by adding in a event style and leaderboard into the old modes. Such as Arena and Treasure Hunt. Event style meaning that they add things into it to make it progressively more difficult as they have with Raid/Invasion. So its not as if they have to think of something else. They have older modes they could toss into the mix with modifications. ex. So many people skip Treasure Hunt at higher levels that this would bring back interest for it from these higher levels. And make it fun again for them as well. Instead of being a higher level and feeling the older modes are stagnant.

4 Likes

Definitely Invasion, though I did enjoy Raid too. Iā€™m at Stage 8 now and there are still a variety of usable teams. And while you still have to play a very controlled game, the boss-killer is an exploder which limits control but still leaves you some.

The games are long and hard, and the RNG can kill you out of nowhereā€¦ but heh, I play roguelikes too :smiley:

If they can improve Raid, they might consider having GW every second week, and alternate the other weeks between Raid and Invasion.