Best troop for each rarity (Opinion piece)

Oh sorry… I misread that as a reply to me! Deleted the wrong reply.

Common - Bombot. Even though I can’t use my Bombot explore team anymore because my PvP team depends on Bard class he is still my favorite common

Rare - Dust Devil. I still use him alot in GW and PvP makes Psion useless. HM to Dragonette one of most used and favorite troops early game

Ultra Rare - Giant Spider. I haven’t really used him in 6 months but he is still in my top 5 most used troops

Epic - Ragnagord. Gets a team going really quickly. HM to Elspeth for the Bombot explore team and Forest Troll for when FT/3x Kraken could win any battle in seconds.

Legenday - The Dragon Soul. I have every troop in the game traited and have Dawnbringer just from using TDS in every battle I have never done soul farming.

Mythic - Infernus. Nothing comes close to him when I’m down to just him vs a full team I can still win where as with every other troop it’s just an instant retreat because they have no chance at winning. I have also lost to Infernus a lot too yesterday I had a full team vs a 1 hp Infernus and I lost. HM to Famine I only use him on brown and sometimes green GW days but I still really like him

Weapon - Dawnbringer. I use it on red, yellow and blue GW days and on 3 or 4 different PvP teams. HM to Runic Blade for Arena before I got DB

Class - Bard. HM to Mech

GW troop and Guardian - Troglodyte for Bombot team and Justice for Justice team

2 Likes

You can still use bombot with bard! It practically makes zero difference between mechanist class. They pretty much insta-fill regardless of class anyway.
Great thread, I’ll add my choices… Still stunned by ozball choosing garuda!
Common - bombot
Rare - alchemist /valkrie
UR - apothecary /giant spider
Epic - azura /green seer /Princess “like” Elspeth
Legendary - kraken /Tds /highforge
Mythic - infernus /ketras /yasmine’s
Weapons - dawnbringer and black manacles

1 Like

I’ll add mine.

Common - Bombot (for super fast explores), Fire Bomb (useful for summoners)
Rare - Valkyrie (sweet souls)
Ultra Rare - Sunbird (nice spell art), merlion
Epic - Mercy (1 turn GG)
Legendary - Gorgotha (tank+exploder+self clense+low mana cost)
Mythic: Infernus paired with Ketras (combo wombo)
Weapon: Dawnbringer

On side note, and this has been bugging me, what is “HM” abbreviated for in Maxx’s post above?

Honourable mention. I think they are good but not as good as the ones I mentioned.

I’ll try it out next time I’m exploring

1 Like

Here is my list!

Common - Fire bomb, HM to Silver Drakon.
—> Fire bomb is the best for explore and fast red filling. Silver Drakon is very good meat bag for Krytalnex when summoned, and that sweet water link!

Rare - Padadin, HM to Gnoll, Savage hunter.
—> Paradin is my sniper in Yellow and Green GW days, kinda suck if someone got to his shield first. Those Wild Plain troop are such heavy hitters in mono-color team of their choice.

Ultra-Rare - Merlion, HM to Knight Coronet, Stayr Musician, Stone Spirit, Lava Elemental.
—> Merlion is very powerful targeted silence/damage combo. If they happened to be sileneced or single troop left, then even more power to him! He is even imperious on top of all that!! Knight and Colonet for same single troop situation. Stone for heavy spead damage and great mana gatherer, also single target left like all the split-damage kind. Lava is so OP when his explode result in skull match, dealing 100+ to first troop and burn it!

Epic - Baba yaka, HM to Lady Ironbeard, Merilith
—> I really like silencing troop, and summon on top of that? Yes please! Baba is perfect for purple day, as her summon is also purple. You all know why Lady was picked. Merrilith is awesome attack booster and mana gatherer, those small true damages is a nice plus!

Legandary - Krystalnex, HM to Forest Guardian
—> Krys is the most powerful Legandary in my opinion. His AoE, summon, remove gems almost result in extra turn everytime, more so when pair with Valkaries for endless offence. FG for his mana/barrier buff with skull spam!

Mythic - Infernus, HM to Yasmine’s Chosen, Death
—> No agument for looping Infernus. Yasmine is good as looping as well in green day, and sweet endless split damage. Death for the split damage with life boost, and necromany trait for soul-farming clean up!

*Edit for more!

Weapon - Runic blade
—> its 4-way buff is so awesome in arena, before Dawnbringer come and wreak everything…

Class - Warlord
—> Very powerful in Uskaya team with its hammer. Who would dare to fight with ever-incresing attack enraged hero?

Common: Goblin
Rare: Cockatrice
UR: Spirit Fox
Epic: Ragnagord
Legendary: Krystenax
Mythic: Abynissia
Class: Bard
Weapon: Soul of Xanethos

Hardest is Legendary, what with Mab, TDS, and other such broken stuff.

Interesting that there are few complaints about Infernus being overpowered, or begging for him to be nerfed. I’m guessing that’s because he’s so helpful on offense that people are willing to deal with him on defense as-is.

I do think Infernus is OP, just not in a game-breaking or irritating fashion. Didn’t need the boost to his base damage, I think they gave him another 4 or something.

If people complain about Infernus enough, the dev might nerfed him. But shortly after his buff is so unlikely. For me, I think he is strong as a mythic should be.

But if the nerf have to happen eventually, my idea for it is to remove explode from his spell, and change it to summon 3 Fire bomb instead. But that might suck when casting him with full team.

Nice idea!

Common: Fire Bomb. Speed farming all-star.
Rare: Valkyrie. Still top-tier, even after her loss of Necromancy.
Ultra-Rare: Druid. Ridiculously good early-good damage.
Epic: Mercy. Empowered transformer will always be amazing.
Legendary: Gorgotha. Tank extraordinaire, for oh-so-many different teams.
Mythic: Pharos-Ra. One of the only really, truly necessary units in the game.

2 Likes

I was going to put krystenax but I don’t use it that much, maybe once a week in gw now and then?

Pretty much in line with most of the other voices here.

Common: FireBomb
Rare: Valkyrie
Ultra Rare: Sunbird
Epic: Mercy
Legendary: Gorgotha
Mythic: Infernus
Hero: Titan(!) As much as I love the new Bard and Dragon Hero classes that 50% Giant mana boost is incredible. Combined with DawnBringer I use Titan for Red/Blue GW day, sometimes yellow if I don’t feel like switching to Bard. He’s also featured in one of my GW Defense and is a staple in my favorite PvP team at the moment (Gorg/Infernus/Titan or Bard DB/Mercy). Yes this team has four of my best troops :wink:

You might enjoy this team then:

Forest Troll
Jotnar
Kraken
Thoradin (Titan class Giant perk)

Common: Used to be Snowy Owl, but Fire Bomb came along and exploded some luuuv.
Rare: Alchemist or Dark Maiden, it’s too hard to choose, so i’ll call it a tie.
Ultra-rare: Sunbird.
Epic: Azura.
Legendary: Gorgotha is used in many, many of my teams. But i have to say that Sekhma is the most fun legendary to play.
Mythic: Ugh… I don’t have that many mythics. Most recently i crafted Pharos-Ra, and sniping enemies with 60hp is strangely satisfying. Although, Worldbreaker is just insanely fun to use with Bard Class.
Class: Bard :wink:
Weapon: Dawnbringer. Broken Guard is good aswell.

Common - Fire Bomb
Rare - Valkyrie
Ultra-Rare - Sunbird
Epic - Ragnagord/Azura/Mercy
Legendary - Dragon Soul/Gorgotha
Mythic - Infernus
Weapon - Dawnbringer
Class - Bard

that team is also the most overpowered team in the game, imo. There’s something to be said for a weapon that clears 3 trophy fights in less than a minute.

Here is my humble noob opinion of a list

Mythic: Arachnean Weaver

Legendary: Xerodar/Emperor Khorvash/Behemoth

Epic: Emperina/Gelatinous Cube/Venbarak

Ultrarare: Ancient Horror/Dryad/Darkmaster

Rare: Owlbear/Drake

Common: Zhenniao/Pride Hunter

Pet: Moon Moon/Lucky

Class: Assassin/Oracle

Weapon: Serpentine Dagger/Burning Scythe

Hey guys my first post and i have questions lol
I guess these troops you post are fully accendef? And traits?
Well i use halbread? Of might
Scylla
Quuen of the wild
That mechanical cat like thing they are fully upgraded to lvl 18-19 i have too few ir no extras
I also have a ton of purple troops.
Thing is i do not know what to level up and what not to , also what troops are tank,support,dps and so on.
I do not have the soulforge yet.
So the dwarven gate is a good tank then?

I hope you all have a great day :smiley:

1 Like

Common: Myzmer
Rare: Tigraki Warrior
Ultra-Rare: Leprechaun
Epic: Grave Seer
Legendary: Glaycion
Mythic: Zuul’Goth
Weapon: Life and Death
Class: Orbweaver Monk

1 Like