Best Faction Troops (all modes)?

I can’t believe I forgot about Gargoyle! I even have a stupid gargoyle team. Its so much offense, the defense is just an afterthought I guess :flushed:

Lyrasza’s Lair…didn’t exactly move the needle here. I was hoping Lyrasza’s permastorm could have niche utility, but from all accounts I’ve heard, the storm is not as reliable as single-color storms in terms of generating extra turns. Has anybody been able to put it to good use?

No its worthless. Point of a storm is to assist with a color, not make getting them more complicated.

1 Like

I think it might have worked if both colors were each boosted to have the same drop rate as a single color does in a mono-color storm. But it doesn’t sound like that was the case.

Has anybody made much use of Hammerclaw, with The Deep King, in other modes? I’m strongly considering adding it to the list.

–The Deep King is quite good, but his third trait requires a Merfolk troop in the first slot to maximize what he can do.

–Hammerclaw, with Stoneskin and entangle immunity, is really the only viable troop we currently have that fits the bill. (Tidecaller was a missed opportunity in this respect; it doesn’t really work in the first slot, and neither does TDK himself.)

–While those facets alone would make Hammerclaw worth considering, his spell is a viable, albeit unpredictable, source of mana generation for the entire team, and only costs 12 mana.