Best delves strategy

Hey @Meesh, congrats on your achievement! In the final battle your attack plan was to buff Silent Sentinel only, or did you also casted buffs on your Gargoyles?

Interested if Meesh did the same… :slight_smile:
Not to steal Meesh’s glory. :blush:

I never use potions for pushing 500 delves, all are done without potions. I may get a faction to 300 in the weekend event but don’t have the time to give 500 a go. I also refuse to waste gems in the way devs want us to.

I did this a week back. 25% hoard bonus and 193 hoard. I’d tried it repeatedly about 8 months ago and just could not get past killing 2 in final room. I gradually kept buffing hoard, I got very close 2-3 times, but mostly sub 130 hoard was a waste of time. I bumped up the hoard but somehow it seemed even worse. Most losses were after casting Gargoyle and it’s explode leaving AI skulls or clumps of red/brown.

I changed my strategy, resumed doing it about 2 weeks ago. I’d already used yellow deeds on something else, but got 25% bonus to hoard when we last got yellow deeds.

I changed from spreading attack onto Ethereal Sentry and all others, to giving as much as I could to Silent Sentinel and trying to kill their Silent Sentinel so I could silence Gargoyle, rather than count on denying it 14 mana for 10+ turns and silence their Silent Sentinel, only for Gargoyle to fill.

I always felt this was too risky as if Sentinel dies, you have no spread attack. I however worked out that if Gargoyle dies, then I just avoid skulls, but don’t try and kill it with just spells unless you are forced. It’s difficult because they get so much attack of course, sometimes 1k attack. I worked on filling Sentinel with attack, but would abandon that if it got skull hit before it had around 350 attack.

When medals arrived, I went 1 Cedric and 2 armour buffs. I also used my first medals on the rare and ultra rare, giving them more health/armour. Easy to do because of their low rarity. The Cedric to help with wearing off stun of course.

The medals and also with the buffs allows you to survive an early Gargoyle cast. If it casts late, it will have a boost of about 5-600 and wipe as many as 3 troops. In my win, when it cast, it was early, I’d got enough attack on Sentinel, the damage didn’t matter and it aimed at Sentinel, so I still could buff the back two troops with Eth Sentry.

Gargoyle explodes gems on cast. This often would leave skulls, even if I killed their Gargoyle. So, in my winning battle, I got Sentinel to about 450 attack. I stunned theirs and killed that with skulls, then let their Gargoyle be silenced from skull hitting me after it left me a good board with exploding gems. Key to this was that the AI had buffed their S/S with attack and their Eth Sentry but not Gargoyle, so I survived one Gargoyle cast and 1 standard skull hit, just!

(I fired Sentinels spell a couple of times) and then skull killed Gargoyle whilst silenced and stunned. I used my Gargoyle now with a boost of about 350 and crippled their back 2 troops, taking their armour so none could get greater attack.

Here is where I always lost if I got this far. I would cast Arcane Golem for stuns and the board would either shuffle or start to make a bone storm from the sky. I had enough attack to forgo the stun to kill their Eth Sentry and for once Arcane Golem didn’t have 1,000 attack (maybe 280). Their E Sentry had 600+. So as usual the board will always eventually match skulls for the AI, and it did, AI E Sentry killed my S/S and Eth Sentry in 2 turns. Silent Sentinel had as explained with the bonus stats and casting at least 3 times had enough health to survive a Gargoyle cast and a base Gargoyle skull hit.
So usually here I would think I’d got them and fire Gargoyle as soon as he was full, only to be skulled down. So I cleared every skull off the board bar a couple. I then with a flood of red on the board just fired Gargoyle again against un stunned AI and knew they couldn’t damage me as there were no skulls. I then just waited to match skulls with an untouched Arcane Golem and I basically skulled the last two down in about 3 skull hits.

Now for All Seeing Eye… Dark Pits, nope, not enough treasures for hoard raising to silly levels.

5 Likes

Here’s a screenshot of a failed attempt I had a few days ago. I thought I might win but then the AI got skulls before me and blicked me. AI had taken out my 2 gargoyles but I had a huge attack built up on Silent Sentinel.

2 Likes

Lots of fights went like that. Their gargoyle is so strong, I always made a priority of killing it and if I couldn’t I would just lose.
If my Silent Sentinel lost its armor I would start buffing attack elsewhere as a backup plan and to pump gargoyle damage.
I got sick of trying to record whole fights but did get the end of win.

2 Likes

Interesting you used 2 Gargoyles. I went Silent Sentry/Eth Sentry/Arcane Golem/Gargoyle. :slight_smile:

Here is one game where I changed my strategy. I was sure I would win. I cast Gargoyle after matching those reds and it left AI skulls of course.

I regretted not spreading attack on Gargoyle, so decided 450-500 was enough for Silent Sentinel.

4 God damn skulls on the board, to this

So with those skulls where they were, there’s very little chance AI would make a skull match, but it did in their turn before this match, couldn’t believe it at the time.

Am I crazy or did the devs nerf the Harpys so they spawn without the 3rd trait so the battles won’t be freaking endless? Because I’m fighting lv500 delve now with 4 harpys with full traits and I’m so pissed I’m shaking right now.:rage:

There’s supposed to be a spawn without a 3rd trait to stop that…:grimacing:

Yeah well I’ve been at it for an hour now and as soon as I kill one another spawns and they are all fully traited and have 1000 life.

Geez, not sure if you have to kill the original Harpy to get a 3rd traitless one? Not done it for a while, it does mess with your sanity…

Thanks Devs, had a wonderful 1 hour 16 minutes. :rage:

That’s bugged. Summoned harpies aren’t supposed to have their 3rd trait.
The first day the Faction was released it was like that, then the second day they removed the third trait when summoned. So which is it supposed to be @Cyrup?
3rd trait on or off when summoned for all of the Stonesong faction troops AI?

Is the Mirrored Hall faction one that is well designed to be a farming faction?
Also, does anyone have a list of renown rewards above 35,000 they can share?

By the above post, we’re still a ways from the +1 magic, which IMO is the only renown reward worth caring about.

Thanks
So bonus for 36k that could be achieved this weekend is +1 life
Then would still need another 3 more completed factions to get to the +1 armor and the +1 magic…
But would have 1000 renown to spare, so all factions would not need to be 100% complete

Can anyone remind me how reflect interacts with devour? Irongut teams are phenomenal in most blue delves, but if it works like rope dart that makes things trickier.

Irongut applies damage before checking devour chance

Oh yeah, that makes sense. Thanks!

36,000 = +1 Life
40,000 = +1 Armor
44,000 = +1 Magic (hopefully)

Thanks @CrzBoarder
That is what it appears to be, so just 3 more delves to go…