Bejeweled

Originally published at: Bejeweled – Gems of War

New Epic Troop: Jeweled Golem The Jeweled Golem will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Doomed Weapon: Doomed Band This week it will be available in both the Tower of Doom…

2 Likes

Oh hey, we’re not in Wild Plains anymore.

Old Player Team:
Fire Beetle
Flame Troll
Flame Rhynax
Pyrophemus

Old Enemy Team:
Lava Troll
Terraxis
Pyggra
Sheggra

No matter what happens, the new player/enemy team has to be better than the old setup. The old set up was bad.

Unfortunately, Volcanic Golem is Red/Brown and Sheggra is Red/Brown, and the entire Player Team is Red. Very far from a useable Guild Wars team :stuck_out_tongue: I chalk it up to Broken Spire being a terrible Kingdom even after the rework. It’s just missing everything at this point.

Lucky for the players, Ogre is a joke. Ettin can do a lucky hit to start, otherwise… well… I still wouldn’t let it get casts off. Ograk Shaman into Ettin can maybe cause problems and Gog and Gud… well, it exists, I guess. G&G can hurt.

Players are likely expected to do double skull damage to burning enemies to win, as all 4 enemy troops aren’t immune to burning, somehow.

8 Likes

Is this mana creator for the AI worth double Doom points?

2 Likes

Unfortunately you’ll have to lug the useless event weapon along for double points.

6 Likes

grafik

The loot table for troops in Broken Spire event chests is expected to look like this:

Chance Amount Troop
0.11% 1 Amarok, Infernus
3.2% 1 Gog and Gud, Pyrophemus, Sheggra
12% 1 Fire Beetle, Flame Troll, Gob-Chomper, Igneus, Jewelled Golem, Lava Troll, Luther, Pyggra, Rhynaggor, Stone-Biter, Terraxis
21.6% 1 Flame Rhynax, Lava Elemental, Lava Worm, Obsidian Golem, Ograk Shaman, Stone Giant, Sulfur Slime, Volcanic Golem
21.6% 2 Ettin, Fire Lizard, Ogress, Rhynax
21.49% 3 Fire Bomb, Fortress Gate, Ogre

Unfortunately, event chests have a tendency to be misconfigured, either entirely missing specific mythic troops or containing them at significantly lower than advertised odds. There is no way to know this ahead of spending, and no way to get any kind of refund. If you plan to open event chests, wait till the weekend for the community to find irregularities, this significantly reduces your risk of getting burned.

7 Likes

And they will triple the requirements to close all the portals making a grind fest even more lousy.

If they aren’t trying to push us to quit this Sirrian Forsaken game then I don’t know what they are doing.

10 Likes

@TheIdleOne Not only were the epic trials bad, they were impossible. I’m glad u guys don’t have to go through the absolute hell that us switch users had to. (I had to use a gnome-a-palooza for it because it was that terrible):face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

The epic trials teams were probably made by an automated program that randomized teams and the devs have to continue to clean up the mess. Who knows what will come next when we have cycled through every kingdom?

Gather round’ everyone as the next chapter of this epic tale is about to unfold! (Cough)*

7 Likes

No mention of the second weapon (Loadstar) shown in the spoilers for this week?

4 Likes

campaign elite pass weapon sadly

3 Likes

The weapon seems interesting by converting yellow gems to doom skulls. Oh, u have to pay for it, lovely. (We have some other options for this already though: onyx blade, archproxy yvendra, enraged kurandara)

I am no psychiatrist, but they seem to have an odd fascination with yellow gems wanting to be skulls.

6 Likes

One day I had a dream Gems of War would choose any other color besides Yellow to skulls/doomskulls/uber doom skulls. It was a nice dream.

Where’s the blue gems to skull/doomskulls love?

8 Likes

Rok’Gar and also Sekhma do skulls, King Bloodhammer converts blue to doom skulls, and Doomed Crossbow does that for the hero?

2 Likes

yeah… compare that to the many options that turn yellow to skulls/doomskulls. pretty big difference

2 Likes

If you get double points but it takes double points to close then Luck scrolls just got a big nerf and heroism too.

4 Likes

They need to post how this stupid fixed weapon malarkey affects scrolls gained (luck) and used (hero & fire)

4 Likes

@Jeto Is this one going to be available with bounty event? Never saw it before and not available in soulforge.

Its in the Campaign

2 Likes

Soon. Infernal Voyager, empowered from Sin of Maraj

It’s definitely a start. Now to convince them to make a non-red troop/weapon that converts blue gems to skulls/doomskulls/uber doomskulls…

Doomed Crossbow (Red)
Infernal Voyager (Red/Blue)
Sekhma (Red/Purple)
King Bloodhammer (Red/Brown)

Rok’Gar the Guardian (Yellow/Brown)

that being said, at least after Voyager, only green is missing a blue to skulls option.

So do we only need to use the Doom weapon in the Doom rooms to get double scoring, am I correct? And we can swap out the weapon in the other rooms without penalty?