Beards of War

And some aren’t, you have to accept that as well.

Like I said, some women.

1 Like

I am a woman and I find a woman with a beard disgusting just like I find a man with that long of a beard disgusting. It has nothing to do with misogyny and everything to do with the fact that I don’t like facial hair. Some people are grossed out by facial hair.

Perhaps there isn’t always an anti female agenda behind not liking something

4 Likes

But that means 97% of this issue is all made up in the heads of people…

I would say that it is not the beard of lack of beard that is misogynist but the spéculations about the Apothecary sex life someone has made.

2 Likes

Testosterone is linked to hair growth and sex drive, nothing science hasn’t already stated.

I wholly disagree Apothecary is “sex starved”, bearded female Dwarves are the norm.

If I was unclear, I apologize. My issue with the above post was not the disgust with female beards, it was the ridicule and the utter disregard for women that he does not find attractive. (I’m assuming he’s male, maybe she’s female, anything is possible.)

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of facial hair on any gender. However, it’s quite interesting that I have never seen a single negative word uttered about the hairy faces of every other dwarf in the game that preceded this new female dwarf. Surely, no one asked if the devs went “too far” by placing a beard on a dwarf before. Food for thought.

Anywho, I’d just like to say thanks to the devs for mixing things up with the new female dwarf troop and generally providing artwork that can appeal to various GoW players.

6 Likes

I would have been pissed if the female Dwarf DIDN’T have a beard.

3 Likes

Helen Reddy just called. She wants the devs to get back to her ASAP.

And another thing: I don’t understand this argument about leaving the Dwarf Lord Ironmonger what’s-his-name at level 19 on purpose. Opposing base attack values are irrelevant here. The game is full of troops who can pump their attack, or who can pump a teammate’s attack (if a human player it’s most often the tank getting pumped). That will be when the triple damage becomes an effective counter.

You are free to not understand it; I believe I made it fairly clear that this was a min-max concern only.

In any case, it’ll be changed shortly, so the advice will quickly become irrelevant.

1 Like

Is there already a change to Ironbeard announced somewhere or are you speculating? Trying to figure out if I missed something. ;p

Yes in the thread “Lord Ironbeard Bug” Sirrian said they are changing his spell since he’s broken, but haven’t announced what it’ll be changed to yet. They will give another troop to us with his intended spell 6-7 weeks from now, for free.

2 Likes

Ah hah. Thanks!