Battlecrashers in a gnome event

you should of change this last weekend to battlecrasher event not gnome event , b/c players are getting less gnomes to produce keys but every other battle was a battle crasher. I even had a toon say he got 0 keys from a gap and only 2 pity keys from same gap . when devs put battle crashers in it screws everything up. There was no battlecrasher in that gap but it is hard to even get a verse to make a gap when the battle crashers take over.

1 Like

This comes up every few months. Devs have repeatedly said the game checks for gnomes first and only rolls for Battlecrasher if no gnome. Sceptical players have repeatedly data mined this and compared to vault weekends with no Battlecrashers and always get the same result - if you take a big enough sample and actually count the gnomes, the Battlecrasher makes no difference. I know itā€™s hard to believe it when you are having a terrible run of luck looking for gnomes, but honestly at this point Iā€™d consider this one as disproved as it ever can be when random numbers are in play

Every time some people post saying this is not true, yet they donā€™t post their numbers. Personally I believe the data miners

9 Likes

the imp should have ran from the 14th for the week

Thatā€™s an unconstructive reply, obviously they will never share proprietary code. And would you even believe them if they did post it? How would they prove it was the code they were actually using?

The base rate of verse gnomes is not the point here, it is whether it changes during a Battlecrasher event. If you have counted gnome drops across thousands of battles both in and out of Battlecrasher events (as others have) then please post your numbers, they would be interesting to see

5 Likes

I was going to reply but honestly Iā€™d just be repeating myself about luck and random numbers so Iā€™ll stop here

4 Likes

I have no interest in engaging with obvious trolls. Good bye

4 Likes

Yes, I hate this delaying tactic with battlecrasher on vault event. I canā€™t use triple Ironhawks and even 2 Ironhawks can sometimes not kill this Ffff crasher quickly. I think Deafs (Devs) are starting to make this Ironhawks useless.

Roughly 900 gnome available battles over the weekend (mostly E1 explore).
43 ā€œkeyā€ gnomes.
49 verse gnomes.
110 battlecrashers.
And just to twist the knife, I got 6 of my lowest verse. Not 12, like I should have. Without corrective RNG, the short verses will NEVER recover. Itā€™s gotten worse every GAP.

Youā€™re not stating a data point; youā€™re simply repeatedly yelling ā€œseems wrong to meā€ ā€“ in two threads now! ā€“ and insisting that youā€™re right.

FWIW, the event seemed OK to me; what felt like a normal gnome rate ā€“ albeit quite streaky at times for me, Sunday morning in particular was a real dry patch ā€“ plus a whole lot of worthless (bonus souls, meh) battlecrashers sprinkled on top. I didnā€™t record data though so take this as just another anecdote :slight_smile:

(And yes, as others have noted: the most annoying thing about the battlecrashers was that they were a bit too tough for the double-Ironhawk team to kill quickly.)

2 Likes

Be honest, thatā€™s just an estimate isnā€™t it? What are the odds you would end up with exactly 1:100?

The point others are making here is that every time exact stats are recorded in prior events and even this event in large enough amounts it always works out roughly as expected.

Like this for example:

2 Likes

I overall liked the event. I much prefer a gnome event over a battlecrasher event but I know what u mean, that crasher had no part in the event

Does the battlecrasher occur during GaP?

Since at least the November vault event (although Iā€™ve kept track of vault for as long as itā€™s been out, Iā€™ve not been so specific in recording data for verses until then) in 10,000+ battles the worst I have had is 3560 battles vs 185 verses. Thatā€™s 1:21. I got 1:16 last event with battle crashers. My average over 10k battles is about 1:18/19.

I got more gnomes this event than any recorded, and nearly as many as gnomes. If battlecrashers did, effect drop rates, Iā€™d have less gnomes.

My average is around a gnome every 9 battles and 50% of all gnomes are verses. Itā€™s not just me, others in our alliance have all experienced within 2-5% of 50% of all gnomes being verses, and produced the raw data. I got the same data, actually better results this weekend, with battle crashers on board. The only thing they do is slow the volume of battles.

To me, I think I can say with some confidence that a gnome drops about every 1:8 -12 battles over time, depending on volume of play, despite RNG.

Verses currently drop around 45-55% of the time a gnome pops.

VK drops have gone through the floor, but we now have GaPs. They are like 1-3% of drops now.

Cursed Gnome drops are around 1:300-500 battles at best.

Cursed Gnomes when they were boosted I got 1:67 (only 1 sample so not conclusive) but the actual rate is around 0.33% now at best since the boosted rate was removed. So we had a significant boost for those 2 weeks.

And, Iā€™d love to prove devs wrong, honestlyā€¦

6 Likes

Even if they dont replace they make the process overall slower so we get less kills. Same with the lag. If it aint broke dont fix it is what they say prollyā€¦now go buy some verses :wink:

2 Likes

with IP2 if its broke dont fix it, if it works break it. Then ignore the player base. haha