Battle for the crowns - "Winning" the game

It’s not that they add endlessly grindable stuff, more that there are time consuming things added to an already lengthy todo list. Things that take over 100 hours in aggregate, like class levels or ingots.

Yep, this was me. I was way past 6 stars on every kingdom by the time it came out. I’ve only completed challenges for a small handful of kingdoms I did for variety when I was soul farming for Dawnbringer.

1 Like

how About who get the highest score without spending money or gems.

I’m in the same boat. I just looked and realized I have not even touched any challenges on the vast majority of my kingdoms. The only ones I completed were the newest ones (Sin of Maraj, Shentang etc.). The thought of grinding through the challenges for most of my kingdoms twice is a bit daunting!!

It’s almost dumb to be a long term player and not at least buy deathknight armor for $50. The best deal in the entire game. I’m sure most of the end gamers have therefore spent some money on the game. Plus there’s no way to track it with existing leaderboards.

How do you not spend gems? Most spend gems every week to get event weapons.

In any case, the version I was proposing was to use existing leaderboards, because it doesn’t require anything to be built. At the end of the day, there is no true winning, but only setting goals for “winning.” This should be more about celebrating people’s success on their journies.

**The @Fleg suggestion makes the most sense. So if you have #1 in something you’ve earned a crown. **

Finishing all classes is something any of us can do given enough time. So anyone can truly win at least one crown. To reflect this fact, I’ve removed the “for end gamers” from the topic title.

People can post the first time they earn a new crown and we can celebrate. So does that sounds like something fun to do or not? Should we include screenshots like the original list, or not, since people can just check the leaderboards if they care?

gowdb could always add a meta leaderboard too, in which case this thread will be obsolete.

I’ll start. It took years and a lot of luck to get all the ascenscion orbs for Zuul, but here is my first crown. There were many months were I wondered if I’d ever achieve this goal.

:crown: ascenscion

Guess I’m one of the dumb ones
VIP 0 and all troops mythic
My stupidity is astounding🥴

I am going to let you in this little secret that some of us on console do (but please don’t not tell anyone. Ok ) We are This little secret group of players who got to the top and became top players by being 100% F2P :+1:

Some ppl pride themselves by trophies, scores, collection of gears ect and some are proud to be F2P

I’m sure you’re in the minority there, but I know some are categorically against paying in a free to play game. Perhaps not dumb, but certainly less efficient for your time.

All troops are mythic? I didn’t see you on the leaderboard.

Also good luck to Bernie. Love the name.

This thread is turning out a lot less fun than I imagined it would be. I guess we can forget the whole thing.

Don’t give in to a couple of complainers who are the minority. There is too much of that going on in the world already. I like this idea and I’m sure most others do too.

1 Like

I tried to get on the database once
Didn’t go thru, asked for help via email thru Lyra or someone, never got a response, so I didn’t bother again
I dunno whether to be proud or ashamed that I’ve put that much time and effort into a video game Lol

We’ll see about Bernie, I’m cautiously optimistic
Even best case scenario, I have little hope for the future of things
The powers that be are at a level we will never know, Jeffery Epstein just proved that straight up

1 Like

Sneaks in quickly at reset :slight_smile: Winner!

4 Likes

Heh! Thanks for reminding me @GemsOfWar. Now there’s three of us again. You, me, and @awiz. I remember you being on the old manual mythics list since the early days. So @GemsOfWar is it 1 crown or more?

@FeelTheBern probably worth getting the info setup. May as well accept that you put this much effort into. It’s something we can all bond over. That’s part of what’s fun about this community. I’m addicted to the people as much as the game.

Well I think it’s one crown, just shared for 167.99 hours per week
Just couldn’t resist the screenshot of that one moment of glory - like rushing to get that 1 pvp battle done at reset so you get the Highest PvP Rank = 1

1 Like

I like to support the developers with a little spend here and there, otherwise if everybody remained F2P the game couldn’t support itself. I’m VIP 8, not sure what that means I’ve spent in real monetary terms, but I’ve play something like 4,500 hours on this game so I’ve definitely got my moneys worth.

Lets say I spent 80 hours on another game, that’s the equivalent of around 56 games, and lets say £40 per game x 56 = £2,240.00. I know (or hope lol) that VIP 8 hasn’t cost me that much. So my opinion is I’m proud to support a F2P game with a small real money outlay for thousands of hours of fun.

2 Likes

Who cares why you spend £££ and you don’t need to justify your purchases ether charity or personal pleasure … I never made statement that suggest ppl that spend real $$ on game are bad or anything. Did you read everything I wrote?
Let me repeat it in case you missed it “Some ppl pride themselves by trophies, scores, collection of gears(collecting gears cost real money) ect and some are proud to be F2P”
Fun Fact: Gamers are diverse :+1:
When ppl spend $$ it goes thru (google, apple, Sony, Microsoft) then to (505)then finally to (Devs at GOW)

Three crowns.

9 Likes

Impressive @Namour! Our first triple crown winner. Anyone else?

Today I earned my own triple crown :crown: :crown: :crown:

4 Likes

Four

3 Likes