Assassin's Greed

Really wish DEVS would spend time fixing the bugs and issues in the game instead of making OPAQUE scoring systems designed to trick players into buying more sigils in shop to complete events.

Start by doing a real rework of Arena maybe. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

To be fair I don’t think the changing scoring mechanics every week is to get people to spend more gems, it’s just that without it people would realize that world events are all the same thing week after week. The scoring is really all that’s different. It’s like a magic trick using distraction to divert attention from what’s really going on.

2 Likes

Okay, so I’ve re-read the initial post,

and looking at how it will pan out, it only really applies to the first four, lower-rarity battles. A player could well be tricked into taking Ultra-Rare battles, since initially they will seem to pay out way more than the Leg and Epic, and NONE of that is displayed in-game; but otherwise, if someone just follows the “highest rarity first” order of battles, with no difference between Epic and Legendary, they should be fine.

• I.e. There’s no actual choice between Euryali and Mambasira anyway, which is good because then players can’t be tricked in the long-term, but also means the different scoring mechanisms between the two are 100% pointless since their appearances will be randomly pre-determined.

@Saltypatra Why? Could we pretty PLEASE, with a cherry on top, have somebody explain to us WHY the world scoring is as it is? Why so convoluted one week and simple the next? Why not shown in game? Assuming you have a better explanation than “we’re trying to trick players into buying more shop tiers than necessary”.

And if you can’t get it now, I do hope it makes into the next dev Q&A, if ever there is one again.

14 Likes

Also this – more relevant than ever!

6 Likes

Oh my Dog. I’m really glad that I’m a math nerd. :woman_facepalming::joy:

A sincere note to the devs… These world events are all essentially the same. That’s not amazing. But I really do get why they were implemented. I do. The old events were more fun, but except for ToD they had a built in shelf life. I get it.

But please let go of the strange fantasy that complicating the scoring makes things fresh or fun. It doesn’t. It really just does not. Irritating is not fun. And the scoring is just irritating.

The random parts do not bother me. Well… they do but I also understand the purpose. I can totally resign myself to a life of endless cookie cutter events. I can resign myself to being screwed by the rng gods. But please stop with the scoring of the week club. Please. It’s silly, weird, senseless and is fooling zero people into believing this isn’t the same old world event.

Same old isn’t automatically bad! For events it’s kinda meh but not automatically bad. But double secret obnoxious scoring is… ummm…bad. :eyes:

10 Likes

You will only get one mythic battle offered. There is no choice of mythics, but you are correct in that Viper or Kobra are the best options. Pick one and try to keep taking it. Treasures increase each time that rarity is battled.

2 Likes

What is happening to the artwork ? An added sign the game really isn’t being thought through. Give us quality cards to enjoy and also activities that dont require silly maths calculations to determine what to do ? Geez one card I hope never get - its a shocker.

@Shimrra

fixed the scoring for you

7 Likes

Treasures and Antidotes. Not Fangs or Forked Tongues.

The Orcs are not amused. :axe::rage::shield:

“Curse them. Curse the 505 Board and their…” I’ve said that one before. “Please sir have any money, my family is sick and dying. Spare a few gems sir? Please sir, just a few gems.” Nope. Not doing it. GW in 8 days. See you then.

2 Likes

Official notes say Euryali antidotes don’t scale. With all Tier 5 sigils I got 3 Euryali battles (the rest Mambasira) and scored, 1, 2 and then 3 Antidotes so unsure if i had odd luck or if the official scoring release is a little off.

7 Likes

I really just want to know what thought process - what stated design goal - leads to a scoring system like this. Please help us understand why you’re doing this. I’m not even complaining that it’s bad - it just looks spectacularly insane.

7 Likes

Do you mean in BETA testing? I thought someone posted that Beta testers do NOT test the scoring system. This gets confusing. I just checked leaderboard and nobody has spent all Tier 5 sigils yet (~45 battles on day 1). 1 Antidote is even below stated minimum of 2 Antidotes for Euryali so it would have to be a beta placeholder.

We aren’t asked to test scoring on World Event. There are Devs that do that.

This is a better Graphic since official scoring has landed

2 Likes

This could well be the case. The points are progressing far faster than estimates using previous events as baseline. Based on how it’s going, there will be many with Tier 1 sigils that will hit the required 2734 points, and it may even be possible at Tier 0 (60 battles). I had expected it to be just at the top borderline of Tier 2 approaching Tier 3.

Yeah I usually base Free Sigils at approx 62 Battles and I feel it also may be possible with Free Sigils or Tier 1, I guess a lot depends on which Mythic you get offered. #treasuresplease

On my first mythic battle, I got Euryali and received 3 antidotes.
You’re sure you got just the 1? Then the posted scoring is off, 2 is supposed to be the minimum.

Yeah that’s why I pulled my original Graphic as my Euryali battles just weren’t lining up with Official Scoring.

Bad luck I guess. :thinking:

Didn’t catch a SS of it, but I’m pretty sure a “Scales battle” like my second battle, gave me 2 antidotes. Definitely 40 points. So the scoring is probably bugged. :person_shrugging:

1 Like