Arena Worst Event Ever?

Mm, I agree on this train of thought, and it’s kind of nice not to have that in Arena.

I actually think it would be nice to have a run last just 3 wins (maybe with an optional Boss battle at the end? Idk), rather than 6, and keep the team building fresh and flowing. After 3 wins with Zephyros, the next 3 are just speed-running (seeing how fast you can go/how much you can optimise it). At that point, get us to pick again.

• If a new player wants to keep playing with a Troop they used, because they’re enjoying it (which is a great outcome for the mode!), let them purchase it (singular) with Valor or Glory, rather than the old overpriced Gem offers.

Aside from that, I echo everything about rewards not being worth it (I stopped after 4 runs, and feel 0% inclined to continue), balancing issues (whether that’s due to Troop level, particular Troops, or w/ever), concern about weekend Orb nerfs (due to replacing other Events), troop selection process, event info/obscurity.

2 Likes

I’ve been dealing with intermittent depression for decades. As a writer, I’m very self-aware and know my triggers. I have a lifeline who I can call.

I did find myself so devoid of energy from the helplessness that game mode gives me that I went many hours without eating. So I’m already planning around it and have some snacks within reach of my desk if that happens again.

I’m going to cheer myself up tomorrow by cheating on my vegetarian diet with some Malibu Chicken at Sizzler. I’ll be fine. Arena is just one more weekly hurdle added to my life.

4 Likes

Yes. Yes, it is.

2 Likes

I wonder how the event would have been if we actually got a worthy rework of Arena and not a remove hero “to make it worse” idea. How did the idea went through, make a documentary film please just about this, I am so very curious.

At this stage a reverse and adding the Hero back in would be a massive win for the team. And that is crazy to think of…

6 Likes

All the arena needs to be completely successful in the eyes of the developers and I can’t for the life of me understand how they were so remiss as to forget to add these links to the arena ; it should be linked repeatedly during and most definitely as you rage quit the arena - is a link to online depression tests, beyond blue or your national equivalent ; suicide prevention , help lines; these are serious mental health issues and the arena in its current format is screwing with your mental health; players beware . For your mental health avoid the arena.

6 Likes

Any anger problems too, stay far away. GoW have made me destroyed laptops in the past, so I surely try to avoid some of the modes.

3 Likes

Indeed, just walk away, and there will be an end to the suffering.

3 Likes

If people ever want to experience sympthoms of depression for the first time, just play arena events for a few hours.

3 Likes

wait, one run is probably all that is needed, not a few hours…

3 Likes

Read it all and I agree with all your PROS and CONS.
Also realy good distinction of strategists and grinders and pointing out why both of these groups dont like the mode.

As a strategist option i would suggest that adding a troop “repick” option after loosing 1st battle would make it more accessible for most players. (not sure who suggested it in other topic, but realy like it)

Arena is designed as a “single player effort and reward” game mode, unlike world events/raids/invasions/To, which focus on guild effort.

You dont like it, you dont play it.
there are people who like it. why take it from them?

I strongly disagree, it would kill Arena for me, as it was dead before campaigns started (and even than, i just hoped in, did my 8 wins and didnt look at it at all). Now I do it at least 3 time/day (to see offers), but often a do a run or two, after finishing all daily “stuff”

2 Likes

Perhaps I missed it, and perhaps it’s not a big deal, but if not this event, then what would you consider the worst?

You made a compelling argument as to why you like it, and what could be done to improve it, but it still rates as the worst event in my book. And I don’t care much for Raid (and I’m a Raider), Invasion (except when I’m invading Silverglade), and the new World Events (especially those involving Orc body parts).

This a is way more fun and productive way to play this game than doing the arena event. Awesome rewards hourly.

6 Likes

So did anybody complete the rewards twice? Or how about 3 times? Just curious how long round 2 and 3 would have taken you? I think 2 hours is about the average for just round 1.

Completed the rewards twice. Had time to do it a 3rd time, didn’t want to

5 Likes

I keep saying the updates have been nothing but uninspired lately and for all the passive aggressive remarks, rude and straight forwward insults me and others got from fellow players who insisted on defending the developers’ decisions and this design direction I must say: “Well done.”

14 Likes

How long did round 2 take and how long would you estimate for round 3?

went only for writs, ignore chaos orb and anything above that

1 Like

I’d say about 8 hours to finish up to the end of round 2.

Round 3 starts with 0/495. so… quite a long time, maybe an hour+ per reward tier?

That’s about 9 mins per run. Each round is about twice the cumulative time of the last round, so it would take you 8 more hours for round 3. It’s a work day, I don’t have 16 hours even if I don’t sleep :frowning_face:

Really tempting to get my VIP level up…

Two full rounds require a total of 2475 valor. Another full round requires another 2925 valor. If the first two rounds took 8 hours, the next round will take another 8 * (2945 / 2475) = 9.45 hours, provided you can keep up your level of performance.

2 Likes