Are we listening to the user base at all?

This is the one thing I’m really not looking forward to about the console catch-up. I know we’ve joked about you guys being our beta testers in the past, but it genuinely illustrates exactly what you’re talking about. We’ve had our own issues on console, but it has been nice only having to read about some of the nonsense that you have had to live through. It would be nice if NO ONE had to live through this kind of nonsense.

4 Likes

And i am genuinely happy for all Kerberos fans that their troop got some love, i can relate and i am sure most players of the game have some troop(s) that they really like for some reason like art, style, or background and are eagerly awaiting a buff to make that troop competitive.

But the Kerberos buff could have been done in a million better ways, instead of doubling down on the most hated/frustrating mechanics in the game.

1 Like

I agree with the OP 100%.

Kerberos is pretty badly designed as is. What the fork does he have an Arcane trait for? Like sure, I’m gonna kill the enemy with my spell damage when I got a 50% chance to instakill em. Totally makes no sense at all. Give it the Greedy trait, that would at least be useful.

I simply cant believe that someone got into the office and thought that doubling the devour chance was a brilliant idea. “We’re gonna double devour chance. People love devour. Devour is great. And the mexicans are gonna pay for it.” -.-

Maw was cancer… and after weeks they finally saw it and added a whole new kingdom of maw counters… only to see that they added ebola to the game (considering EK/Manticore meta). So hey lets cure that ebola by adding more cancer.

No offense.

It may not be apparent or easy to see, however if you look at the history of this game, it should be notable to tell that the players and not the devs are the ones who have “ruined” this game. The biggest time we got our wish was during the combat update which saw almost 10 or so player request put into one update. It was absolutely horrific. Anyone who was there probably knows exactly what went wrong and it was not the devs faults. We the player base almost nuked their servers when we got what we wanted. Even now the player base demands new troops, and the result is that on mondays when they get released the servers are nearly destroyed. I am exaggerating a little, however the proof of server strain is in the contact requests timing out. I get it, i do. From a short span of time, you have no idea what the devs have responded to and have fixed. I am a rarity in the fact that i have tracked my requests and nearly 90% of them have been filled. Of those related to troop releases i can say for certainty that 100% of the troops i wanted to play with in game have been released including Dracula, A person who creates machines, and a troop with the ability to transform into another troop. Those who do not take a larger view of the game can not see the slow changes that occur. Make your requests, wait a few weeks to a month or so, and then watch all that you requested be fulfilled. Just look at the Create-a-troop thread. All my requests from that thread are now real troops we can play with. So if you think the devs do not listen, how do you explain all my requested changes and desired troops getting released. Just look at treasure hunt, someone asked for those changes, and they got them. We requested a guild wars some time ago, and we know it is forth coming, we asked for a guild update and we got that. Never say the devs don’t listen to their fan base, because they listen too well!

I agree, but as my favourite past time is being a fence sitter/Devils advocate, let me add this:

You are allowed to tell your children ‘No’. You’re their parent.

1 Like

This is very true, you can say no to your kids, but what if you tell your fan base no? Wait forget that, the devs have told us at least once that there is something they will not implement, and that is the trait stone crafting system that has been talked about since the combat update. I think the fan base at this point is spoiled and has led to the many bugs we now have.

1 Like

I don’t think blaming the fan base is the right way to go. They run a business, and that business is to make money while providing a product to their customer. In any business, there are going to be issues that arise, customer requests/orders, purchases by customers - the list goes on.
We have to remember that ‘the customer is always right’ is only a philosophy the customer uses when they are feeling particularly indignant towards any given negative situation (less than 1% of ‘the customer is always right’ situations actually pertain to the saying), it has no bearing on the actual situation at hand.
To run a successful business, you need to plan, manage, execute and deliver a working product to lower consumer complaints. In the latest cases we have seen, we have seen a bunch of ‘spoiled’ (your words @killerman3333) consumers getting nearly everything they wish, without much consideration for the consequences that will arise without proper testing - and @Sirrian has admitted to this in his latest thread.

I am by no means saying the devs are bad, nor am I saying the players are blameless, but you seem to me like yet another person who places the Devs on a pedestal where they ‘can do no wrong’, I just feel that you need to be a little more objective in your replies.

1 Like

This is not completely untrue in a way. The devs must make money, however the way they have been doing so is to make us happy. It is like trying to buy a child’s love. The dev’s are not totally blameless in this, however their actions prove that they listen. To me the fan base is spoiled, however the devs are the ones who created such an environment. The blame for such things can fall either way. Who deserves the blame more, those that posed the request or those that fulfilled it? The devs are hard at work doing what they can to satisfy us. We do not see them working and tioling away at their jobs so we assume they are doing nothing. It is like a child never questioning how the parent got the toy, just that the parent is giving them the toy. I stick by my statement of spoiled. (Also I am playing devil’s advocate on the dev’s side)

This is a fun debate, two devil’s advocates debating is really fun.

Nah, you’re wrong mate, sorry, but the devs are a running a business. Plain and simple - it’s their responsibility to control these types of situations before they get out of hand.
The blame to be placed on the players are that they are greedy and demanding and do not get that just because they get what they want, doesn’t mean it’s going to be perfect if it’s rushed for their ‘enjoyment’.

I echo my previous post - you are allowed to say no to your child - and in the case of business - ‘we need to make sure these features work, so please be patient while we do our best to work out any bugs - have 200 glory while you wait’ (because you can’t let the spoiled bastards go without)

3 Likes

yes please

as long as the new ‘event tasks’ system doesnt require anything on your pvp defense then the meta will not be shaken

also personally i think adding more ‘self revive’ troops was not requested at all therefore devs have no excuse? i mean sure tryign to find some fun idea for another troop to please the players might be hard but i think not that hard to go for something obviously bugged from the start? (on death traits are bugged for a long time by now, and self resurection should be obvious enough to be careful about self looping)

It was requested after infernal king came out. I beleive he was the first of the self reviving type.

as in requested to make more troops with it? by who? all i see is the complaints about it here and there xD perhaps im wrong i just wanna see it with my own eyes :astonished:

1 Like