Are we listening to the user base at all?

Thanks for replying @CSZ but what do you get out of it (i.e. players quitting mid-match)? Aren’t losses actually more beneficial (for the Revenges)? I’m not trying to be difficult; I’m genuinely curious. :slight_smile:

The top players are tying up their competition. If they stick out the battle, I get a loss but your competition for #1 on the PVP ladder just did 1 match in the time I did 3. More than likely they’re going to just quit, which gives me a win even when I otherwise might have gotten a loss.

3 Likes

Ah, yeah, I wasn’t considering that strategic move. That’s a heavy price for everyone else to pay just to ensure they have a chance at those crappy PvP rewards lol

You just named reason number 2 for my switch. For a casual player like me revenges do have more value than defense victorys.

But I also wasn’t a dude who just fields a single unit. I always used themed teams based on the current event to give people a few team ideas maybe :slight_smile:

1 Like

To the OP. If these devs aren’t listening to players I don’t know which development team is. This is the most communication I saw players getting from the dev side.
You say a game is a chore? How so? You get tons of resources by just logging and collecting tribute. You lose nothing if you don’t do that. It’s up to you how much you want to play. They made guild tasks that have better ROI for players not playing much. What part is a chore?
Yeah they should have a way of testing things, and I know a large amount of us would be happy to help them with that. But I don’t know how expensive that would be and what would it take do so.

1 Like

That is a good question, and a difficult one to answer at that. Logically speaking I know I should have a single sacrifice or 4 peasants in my defense team, because there’s basically no down-sides to losing the defense, and whole lot to gain by creating as many revenge battles as possible - but at the same time I still end up running the MMDBBD defense, and I honestly can’t give you a straight answer why.

Probably some mix of a few unhealthy reasons like: I hate losing (even if I have pretty much nothing to do with it), let the others suffer as much as I have to when I pvp, or a naive hope that by increasing the amount of ppl using this combo I increase the chances of it becoming a problem to the degree that will force devs to do something about it.

With the last one it’s a similar reason to the Voting - “what does my vote matter? it’s just one vote” - thought a few million ppl who could change the outcome. That’s why I will never believe someone saying “if you set that defense, it’s too irrelevant statistically to make a difference” yeah, if it’s just me.

2 Likes

I tried the single suicide team but I think because it was such low level (points-wise) that it was only being matched with other players who weren’t high enough for me to get revenges from. That’s all speculation though since I have no real idea how PvP matches players lol

I definitely understand the not wanting to lose thing even if it’s really out of our control. I’d rather win and still get the chance for a revenge (they did attack me, after all! Let me kick them again! ;))

The devs actually listen to the player base maybe a little too much.

I’ve played games like Mobile Strike, Tai Chi Panda and Game Of War, and I put a lot of money into those games. All 3 were F2P, and all 3 games saw any bugs/issues dealt with straight away.

So far, out of the multitude of complaints, I have seen ONE dev off handedly mention ‘we are looking into it’ ever since their thread here on the forums of ‘we fixed the bug’.

What really disappoints me is that for such a loud uproar, nothing has been done, the problem hasn’t been fixed. And the silence on the devs end for this issue is really concerning to a player like myself.

Now I haven’t spent anywhere near as much money on this game as I have the others I have played (less than 1% I imagine), but that shouldn’t mean that just because it’s a F2P game that bugs like these are overlooked.

Yes I am sure the devs are really nice people who lead busy lives and are extremely caught up with other things in/for the game, but if they are under so much pressure, and a major issue like Warg/Kerb hasn’t been addressed AT ALL by a dev, then why aren’t they asking for help? Why can’t anyone give us an answer, or a time frame?

1 Like

Might I also suggest that instead of releasing new troops every week or working on new features, that they spend a week or two looking into/addressing players concerns regarding existing troops, and release the ability to upgrade a few more, if not all, kingdoms to 7 stars as a way to give people something to do?
I feel this is a win/win, and if those players at a higher level have already completed such tasks, then they could take solace in the fact that the larger community of the game are having their issues addressed and that much needed fixes are happening with the game…

1 Like

I also am one who likes more communication not less from his devs (they are mine, btw, mine, mine, mine!) but I think the GoW devs believe more in the less talk, more action philosophy of customer service. While I don’t mean to attempt to speak for them, my personal experience with observing how the GoW devs work over the past two years is they are more inclined to spend any extra time they have working the problem instead of spending more of that time communicating that they are working the problem (they do tend to let us know they are working a problem but don’t give much in the way of updates).

I’m not saying this is right (personally, as I’ve said, I’d rather have a little more feedback from the devs even if it meant a slight delay in fixes) but rather this is just my impression of how they work. I’ve chided them before that they need an actually Customer Outreach member; an extra go-between between them and the community for times like this (or when they were experiencing all the server issues and not responding for hours and hours while players couldn’t play because the devs were asleep) would help a lot, I think. For whatever reason, that doesn’t seem to be something they are considering. Could be they have excellent reasons for that but regardless, it’s their game, so they get to decide how they spend their resources…I just wish, like you, that there was a bit more communication. I think it’d make for a better and happier community.

I’m not sure if I missed something but adding new troops each week does bring those Kingdoms closer and closer to being able to 7 :star: them.

1 Like

Yes, but there are a few kingdoms I’ve seen with the ability to unlock more stars…

Edit: I’m referring to the ‘coming soon’ on some of them

Do you mean for Stars 8, 9, & 10? If so, there’s a lot of balancing they need to do before opening those up. Giving players even more Magic, Attack, Health & Shield for their troops would undoubtedly break the game as it currently is.

My guess is they’ll work on that after Guild Wars is released (and that would be my preference anyway). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For every person that you can find that dislikes devour or death mark, I can find someone that likes them. So, the devs are between a rock and a hard place when it comes to player feedback on certain mechanics. On top of that, the forum represents a tiny portion of the entire playerbase. Regulars on the forum are generally vocal veterans as well. Of course, the devs must take that into consideration when evaluating feedback.

As a side note…
One of the few things that had a general consensus around the forum was that Maw’s original 3rd trait was broken. So, it wasn’t as much about the majority having a problem with devour as much as having a problem with buggy skull spam calculations.

For me, the lack of beta testing and game stopping bugs is what I’m finding more and more frustrating. The fiasco with Kerberos/Warg is just one recent example.

10 Likes

I honestly don’t recall the last time we got a week with all newly released troops working as designed. it’s been at least a month.

1 Like

Don’t recall any problems with Tuskar or Sunsail. People focus on negatives.

4 Likes

I’m pretty happy about the kerberos buff tbh,now hes not the terrible troop he was for the entirety of his existence! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That was the week Gard was available. And broken when he released.

1 Like