Are the Devs taking things too far?

War
Green Seer
Apothecary
The Wild Queen

Unpredictable? Sure. But devastating when it works!

1 Like

You reminded me!

Assassin hero build I had for a GW Brown team when I was playing around with the new mythic weapon.

PNG

Allows for lots of instant kills from skull matches (dmg also boosted by cunning talent) or devours, and utilising Assassin class poisoning an enemy on purple matches talent to have Scorpius instant kill too! :wink:

3 Likes

I was going to touch on this, but it seems you all have already. One of the problems we have as a growing free-to-play game is that as we add more content it changes the dynamics of what is achievable in the game. It’s easy, as an end-gamer, to absorb these new features. However, as a new player you are constantly comparing yourself to everyone higher than you (Level 20 and “How can I get a 9,000 team score? This dude has it in PVP, it must be possible!”).

We realise the game can be overwhelming for new players, and this is something are going to improve in the future.

3 Likes

Actually, I am in that position right now. Deliberately, so I’m a ‘weirdo’ too. :slight_smile: I was actually going to start a thread at some point asking if there’s anyone who has NOT joined a guild – to see how many are like me.

Throughout the 6 months I’ve been playing this game, I’ve received numerous Guild invites, but I did not and still have not joined a Guild. I know it’s critical to do so in order to move up the ranks, but I really do enjoy playing on my own, for now.

Plus, I also don’t feel ready to commit to a guild and specific requirements or durations of play due to my job (in film/TV) taking me away from my Console for some periods at a time – long enough to know that it will happen too often and I’d be booted from the Guild anyway. I don’t even play any more than two hours the days when I do log on. I’m sure these reasons are enough to say I cannot commit to a guild the way one should.

I know I could have better troops that everyone talks about. I have no Mythics (except my Hero), but I still enjoy the game. I’m at Level 548, only played Pet Rescue once (today) went only as high as Battle #6, and I’m fine with that. I’m in no hurry, which actually helps me enjoy the experience of GOW – no pressure.

2 Likes

I’m more interesting in team with skadi. Wanna craft her or famin. Find team for War much easy, but i like your knights team. I’m not thinking about War, Anu and Ysabelle in one team.

The post literally above yours gives a team that beast ubastet.

I manage to beat this lineup at about a 50/50 rate with Orpheus Lute, Queen Aurora, Yao Guai, Ketras, Talon Banner but I’ll admit that I too am sick of seeing so many of them and I do tend to avoid them… It’s gotten to a point however where occasionally, 2 or even all 3 of the available opponents use this team.

I see this quite often and normally associate it with people with high VIP level. By buying high VIP you get all the XP bonuses to get passed level 1000 quicker, but don’t put the same amount of time into the game that a lower VIP level player has done to reach level 1000, hence why less opportunity to gain mythics.

1 Like

Skadi makes for a great pairing with Azura due to the permanent blue storm from Skadi’s first trait… There’s many possible combinations, you can do something like Gorgotha/Azura/xxx/Skadi and put your favorite heavy-hitting troop in third position, once Azura is full it’s an explosion party :smile:

You’ve just supported OP’s point… they are referring to the new players coming in.

I have posted several comments regarding similar, as it stands once you hit level 100 you are thrown in the pool with everyone. All its going to do is frustrate new players and make them quit.

The real fix might be to revamp the matchmaking system into brackets, where you only face opponents +/- 100 levels of your own .

I like to run Divinia, Azura, Infernus, Skadi and let the dueling explosions and storms duke it out. :laughing:

1 Like

JI have lost most people I introduced to this game because of how at some point everything is just too hard because they don’t have a complete collection.

I saved a few by telling them to lower their defenses.

And that is the issue.
It’s intuitive for a new player to field his best team on defense.
So they get the highest match making possible.
Exemple: a friend used a Knight team. Good old Knight Coronet, and some others.
He used his ressources and Orb to get that team mythic with all traits.
It was his only « leveled » team.

He placed it on defense, and thus was about to quit, having Infernus-filled nightmare.

After I told him how defense worked, he placed some random lower level untrait troop, and PvP became okay again.

So, I think it should be better explain, IN GAME, that your defense power level influence the opponent you get.

In Gems of War, it is actually wise to lower your defenses (sorry Darth Vader)