Anyone else just sick to hell of Goblin teams and eternal looping?

Just another post:

The AI goblins consistency is too high. A player won’t get nearly the same results the AI does.

If the devs had no problem toning down Trolls and Kraken, then Goblins really should be looked at for 5 minutes.

Stealthy Fizzbang is sketchy.
Guaranteed extra turn exploding is sketchy.
Goblin King doesn’t get an extra turn as a Legendary, but lesser stuff does with more power.

Why does extra turns have to be their thing, exactly? Could just keep it to the goblin lackeys for extra turns, and give the higher rarities something else. Makes me wonder what a goblin mythic would do. Explode a troop and gain an extra turn and spawn a princess fizzbang with full mana?

Nothing wrong with a game being balanced to be fair.

3 Likes

Or why is the mana collected?
The Boar Rider is a goblin, he destroys a row, but mana is NOT collected for some reason.
If you remove mana from Fizz/Nobend, you still have Skull dmg explosion, cascade mana, AND the extra turn to collect the 4-matches.
Could be the small tweak needed.

He doesn’t destroy a row, hes removing a row, so no mana gained. It works as intended.

4 Likes

I’d venture that the player would get the exact same results if they ran Goblins. Almost no one does so people are only seeing one side…

Personally the only time I ran Goblins for Invade was for 2-3 weeks back when Traits were very first introduced into the game. As I could Trait them up super quick. I recall it was easy to topple a more powerful team getting to take multiple turns constantly.

That’s my team? If it is I don’t remember and I need to stop smoking things I find on growing in the Forest of Thorns :laughing: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I know it works as I intended.
I was saying that, for some reason, the devs decided to use that mechanic , compared to other who destroy a row and get the mana.

I always figured that it was some way to balance the extra turn. And if so, maybe apply the same law to other goblins?

If i correctly recall it’s a very first team you presented in one on your videos with Forest Guardian and (i guess?) later you introduced Wulfgarok into it after getting the Mythic.

I personally don’t have much problems with the Goblins as they are. I lose a few times against them during a months time. I think they are fine, and that is even if they are able to crush me sometimes.

2 Likes

Goblins are not the problem, Fizzbang is.
Just remove Sthealty of her and problem solved.

Killing Nobend also stops the loop, and he ain’t stealthy.

I’m kind of surprised no one has suggested running Queen Grapplepot. Extra damage because of the goblins on the opponent’s side of the board, and it’s green to boot.

3 Likes

Nobend can happily loop on themselves.

Never confuse AI with RNG. Ai doesn’t play goblins all that well, but the game heaps cascades on them.

That’s the narrative about goblins. They are sneaky and green and everybody is racist about them.

Personally I don’t see being steamrolled by Mythic as being better.

…anybody here uses Silver Fox?

I think lot’s of the problems stated here (and elsewhere) stem from the assumptions that player should win 99% of the times (if not 100%). Goblins might be annoying (it’s in their name) but are (easily) beatable in any given color.
It’s a pvp game at heart and every victory should be earned in order to feel meaningful (especially in GW).
GW in my opinion elevated the status of the game and now they are reducing the frequency thanks to all the moaners. I just hope the raid and the other event (friendly intra-guild wars maybe?) retain the same tension, forethought and enthusiasm!

1 Like

The issue isn’t the Goblins. The issue is the RNG as of late combined with the goblins. Every board they get gives them an extra turn after clearing it. Which combined with their other extra turn makes things painful.
After reset this week. PvP was enjoyable again and stayed that way. Until I did my GW matches…complete :poop: show. Despite going 5/0…I feel like I lost. Winning is supposed to be fun. Games are supposed to be fun. Somehow it seems the devs have lost sight of that over time. This fix has been mentioned once or twice from many others beside me… Make the “combo breaker” work both ways.

TL:DR Make the “combo breaker” apply to the AI and not just the player.

5 Likes

I just wish we had data and weren’t arguing on feeling. I’d probably spend hours daily on a page that showed me a bar graph of the teams/troops I’d won and lost to.

It actually seems like the PvP history used to show the team? I vaguely remember it and it’d be useful for team building.

1 Like

you don’t need data. people usually get annoyed at something based on what they feel, regardless of data. some games are a lot more unfair than this one but they manage to design the whole experience as less unpleasant, something worthy to waste your time, even when you are losing. Here, it just suck.

Guys I need suggestions. I started a match vs goblins and after 1 turn nobend manages to fill and starts exploding. I’m currently waiting for my turn and have finished watching all LOTR series (including the Hobbit trilogy) and read all 7 Harry Potter books. The goblins are still looping. Im starting to rewatch Friends and anybody have any other suggestions while I wait for my turn to come? Thanks.

5 Likes

1 Like

Welcome to the Goblin Zone :rofl:

1 Like

Wow, I haven’t lost to a goblin team in ages. I didn’t realise people had issues with them.