Anybody else using Gard's Avatar and enjoying it?

Why all those loops? It shouldn’t take that long. Many of my matches look like this: Mercy->Hellcat->Gard->Alchemist->Gard. That’s casting each once, sometimes twice, and very rarely more than that.

Something else I’ve just noted is that Mercy is going to be significantly larger than Loyalty since we can have that at Mythic level. Meaning it can hit a bit harder and not die so easily.

I’ve been using Hellcat-Alchemist-Gard-Gard

Double Gard would be nice to have. Loop Hellcat/Alchemist until both are charged then just cast them both… Who needs Green and Blue anyway.

I don’t think that saves much, actually. You still have to loop just as much to fill two once instead of one twice (aside from a marginal spillover after the first fills), and either way you give up one turn after the first Gard casts.

1 Like

Spillover is pretty big though, depending on the board state. Furthermore you can transform away Red or Yellow into the other without worrying as much, since you’ll have your two casts ready.

I get a string like that maybe once in every 10 matches. Normally it takes casting both Hellcat and Alch to fill Gard and then you still have to cast at least once more, maybe twice.

I just haven’t found any team to be reliable without an armor buffer.

if i play gard i use:

humility (traited)
ysabelle (not traited)
dragon soul (not traited)
gard (not traited)
+dragon banner

works nice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, I like this one a lot. :+1:

1 Like

That’s a fun team, @Annaerith!

1 Like

Simple answer to the topic title is yes.

It’s a bit too easy and too strong though. Gard if deployed with even the tiniest skill can two cast wipe the enemy team. I suppose we’re all happy we got easy mode back again for fast farming.

It’s like running double Mab again before there were counter traits.

Gard is likely to get nerfed a little at some point. Probably the boost ratio.

1 Like

Still very vulnerable to being stunned or frozen. Not to mention Mab and Bone Dragon annihilate him. But in general, yeah, kind of silly. Plus we’ve still got the burn and silence…

1 Like

ehm…who?

I use Gorgotha***, Ysabelle***, Mercy***, Gard*

I know it looks stupid because gorgotha blocks Gard but it’s pretty resilient

1 Like

Its not stupid, I was using that for a while before the looping team we’ve been discussing. And so were a bunch of others.

I’m using him specifically to counter 2xManticore/DB/BD. That’s why I’m focused on speed and armor buffs. He can take being drained by Manticore but if BD uses him for his spell, it’s over.

I use:

Dragon Banner:
Loyalty (3)
Alchemist (3)
Hellcat (0)
Gard’s Avatar (2)

Loyalty had done well in building up Gard’s armor in the absence of his 3rd trait (the reason I was using her) so well in fact that after I finish traiting Gard I will keep the team “as is” and it will run that much faster

The best team I’ve put together so far is Dragon Banner with:

Gorgotha / The Dragon Soul / Gard’s Avatar / Priest Class + Prismatic Orb.

Thanks goes to @Annaerith for opening my eyes.

1 Like