[ANDROID OUTAGES] Game crashes at launch on Android

Platform, device version and operating system:

Android 10 on Honor 8X

Screenshot or image:

Crashes too fast to capture!

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

Launched Gems of War; expected it to load; instead get a quick flash of black screen (sometimes gets to the 505 logo) then immediate exit.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

Every time; started at 6:30PM PST for me, first time I started the game since this morning.

Steps to make it happen again

Launch the game :wink:

Twitch chat on Salty’s stream suggests this is a widespread Android outage, problem at Google’s side? seemed worth putting a report here though.

4 Likes

I’m having the same problem. I get a message to close app and send feedback, which I did.

2 Likes

Me too. Thanks for posting - at least we know we’re not alone.

1 Like

I have the same issue… :frowning:

1 Like

I disabled Chrome and my apps work again. Worth trying if you have Chrome installed.

3 Likes

For me opening Google Play and updating Android System Webview just now fixed it. Had to go to it in My Apps and Games / Installed to get the update.

7 Likes

Thanks, Maisie! I just checked and I have that update too. Nice to have a fix than a temp fix. :slight_smile:

I tend to leave GoW running in the background and it was working OK this morning.

I tried closing it and re-opening and it crashed, but then updated Android System Webview as you suggested and now it works again.

1 Like

Same problem, same solution :slight_smile:
There was some assets dowload upon loading the game.
Thanks, Maisie :slight_smile:

Updated Chrome and the game works now for me. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

This fixed the issue for me. Thanks @Maisie !

1 Like

My phone doesn’t have Android System Webview, so I just updated Chrome and all my apps are working again.

2 Likes