Amazon releasing 6.2 patch notes early

release version 6.3 so that those who have upgraded to version 6.2 can go back to version 6.1.
:rofl:

1 Like

If they dont get this sorted by tomorow im taking my rants to the app store reviewā€¦

at this point I expect 6.2 to come out before 6.1 becomes available again. Xbox has its new achievements ahead of time, for once.

Yup i think the same does anyone know when the 6.2 is olfficially gonna drop on other platforms??

Maybe they should just release 6.1 again for everyone as 6.21, then release the planned 6.2 as 6.22 once itā€™s ready? That might get the update sequence back on track. :thinking:

The appstore seems to be down!

Well ill post on here as soon as things are up and running again, as far as i can gather the update will be dropping any day and the updates usually drop at midday and midnight, although now i think about whos midday and midnight they where refering to im unsure XD

Apparently the updates usually happen on Tuesdays at about 8PM PST. That would be today in about 13.5 hoursā€¦ But I canā€™t imagine that 6.2 is ready for release yet! It hasnā€™t been in beta for very long.

1 Like

Judging by how long the info from it was in language diff spoilers it still has another week or 2 before release. The cursed gnome update was teased at in language diff on Nov 8 and the 6.1 Update with them went live Dec 15. The stuff about the Mimic and Hoard Mimic encounter was in language diff spoilers Jan 23. Of course only the devs know for sure but that would be my best guess is to look at the spacing between adding info to the code and it becoming real.

1 Like

Most likely next weekend then seeing as there is no event scheduled for next weekendā€¦according to taransworld. Unless something has been posted since sunday night .

1 Like

Nope still nothing listed for 4th 5th or 6th

The earliest I would expect the next major patch is mid-March. Theyā€™ll go into April if they need more time.

That kind of waiting period might give them time to fix bugs, so theyā€™ll probably release it earlier than that to make sure bugs go live, as per protocol.

5 Likes

they canā€™t. they have to get the framework for the next campaign updated before the campaign starts. and they cant wait until the last minute if thereā€™s any major issues that come up, even if they quadruple checked everything. some bugs seem to happen only when updates go to a live server

2 Likes

side load the google play store on your device uninstall gems and install through the google store worked for me ill admit its amazingly freezy and laggy but good for tributes and some playing i got my pure faction done today atleat

I installed Google Play on my tablet when I first got it. IIRC, Google Play had lots more games available, but it was sort of iffy if the games would actually work, and eventually I went back to the Amazon App Store.

@Kafka IT WOULD BE NICE IF WE COULD GET AN UPDATE SO WEā€™D KNOW IF SUCH AN EXTREME MEASURE IS REALLY NECESSARY.

Agreed an update would be nice, as potentially waiting till mid March seems unacceptable. Why not simply reload 6.1 to the Amazon store?

Amazon needs to do that they can just tell them to do so and wait for them to do so they have done everything they can on their side to turn it back this issue is on Amazons side not the devs.

Not sure if that is right, I would have thought the devs have to confirm the correct version to Amazon- afterall it was them who arranged the upload error for 6.2. Either way it is a mess that needs sorting asap

All they do is put forward the code to platforms to be verified and say when they want it to go live. They obviously did not intend for it to go live yet. Steam version does not require verification like mobile and consoles do but they keep them on the same release schedule. They do not have control over the amazon servers, or the patch notes and update would not have gone out yet which they have already stated was not supposed to happen and why would they want it to happen for just one platform ? From what I understand they submit the code to all platforms and then are supposed to give the go ahead for it to go live at a scheduled time so they can sync all versions once every platform has passed verification which is why we often end up having to wait so long for client side fixes because those of us playing on pc are waiting on console and mobile versions to be verified so they can push it all live at the same time. the consoles especially tend to drag their heels verifying code. Pretty sure this is Amazon dropping the ball which is why they are providing the .apk for mobile users to use they already stated they let amazon know and are waiting for them to correct the version on their store.