Alright Devs... Enough is Enough... (Soul Forge...) :(

I’m good with the mythics being random, even though it’s frustrating Pharos-Ra hasn’t shown up yet and I lament that fact every Monday, he’ll show up eventually. Legendaries though, oof! With only four a week and them being random, it’s going to take ages before every one shows up…

2 Likes

I’m going with the entire intent behind the random draws was another way to create a false sense of urgency to drive purchases, but I don’t know how it can possibly work long term with the way things are now. After buying your first set of diamonds to make sure you didn’t miss the mythic of your choice when it does appear, you’d be completely disillusioned by waiting week after week after week and not having your mythic of choice show up and your diamonds pile up unused, feeling completely ripped off and foolish for having made an impulse purchase. This is exactly the opposite of how you want your monetization to go.

Honestly, if the rotation can’t be dropped entirely, then it either needs to be predictable or rerollable. Nothing should remain not craftable for more than a one-month stretch at a time. The bottleneck will still remain the availability of diamonds, the very piece of the system that is monetized, so making diamonds also so ridiculously hard to spend isn’t serving anybody.

9 Likes

I can get on board with this one “if” they refuse to allow all mythics to be available for crafting at all times. (Seriously, it is already gated by diamonds. Why have two gates??)

Frankly, I’m not sure why they haven’t coded this to make sure every mythic appears once before repeating them. If X mythic isn’t in the Set{}, add it; otherwise, pick another random mythic. Once the Set{} equals the total amount of mythics in the game, reset the Set{} to empty and start over.

As for the other choice in the OP, I would not like mythics changing daily. I think it is good that a person gets at least 7 days to gather the last bit of resources that they need to get the troop they want. It would be crushing to finally see the mythic you need one day and only have a few hours after work to get some final resources.

12 Likes

In case you don’t want to read the rest of this I’ll state up front I’m for some kind of rotation schedule so we can have an idea of when things are coming. I don’t want to see all recipes available at all times for similar reasons as OP. Legendaries would be nice to see rotate faster or more of them at a time since there are so many of them.

Just because players want something doesn’t mean they should get it or that it’s good for the game long term. I personally think a lot of players (and society in general for that matter) need to learn patience & moderation. You can’t have everything yesterday and shouldn’t.

It’s great to have 10s of thousands of keys, glory & gems just sitting around to instantly acquire every new troop & ascend it to mythic the day it releases. I do it myself to the best I can. It’s exciting and bragworthy. But that accomplishment loses its luster very quickly. “Gee, I have everything. Now what do I do. I’m bored now.”

For people to want to play indefinitely there has to be that carrot dangling in front of them, goading them on to get it. Now that carrot DOES have to actually be attainable. It can’t just get pulled away every time its within your grasp as eventually you’ll get tired of trying & give up. So when you achieve it, there has to be something new just past that to now strive for, and so on.

If the devs stopped adding new content and people had the ability to achieve things in relatively short times, there would be a lot more turnover in the player base. What purpose is there to play after all if there’s nothing left to achieve or find?

People need to be honest with themselves, especially those who have been here playing for over a year, ESPECIALLY those who’ve been here 2-3 years. What is it that keeps you playing? I think you’ll be hard pressed to not agree that it’s been the desire (dare I say OCD) to collect everything, to open every kingdom, to access every class - at least in part. I’m sure there are other reasons as well but I think that’s at the core of it.

And the devs know that too. As new players come in, they have hundreds of things to collect & achieve. They’ll be playing the game for years to get close to the point many end-gamers are at now. And guess what, that’s what they want and that’s what’s good for the game.

So again, I’m fine with not being able to get everything instantly or have access to everything immediately, but it would sure be nice to see what’s coming so you can plan for it efficiently.

5 Likes

Thank you for such a well thought out and worded response.
I agree 100% with your assessment. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a matter of getting anything “immediately.” Accumulating the necessary crafting materials is a grind in itself. The RNG at the end feels like a slap in the face.

12 Likes

Precious snowflakes…

We went from " I’ll never get that mythic" to “I’ll have to wait a few weeks.” And people still complain…

3 Likes

I get inspired occasionally. Don’t expect it again for a little while :sunglasses:

Besides, it should spark some disagreement, errr I mean some discussion for ya!

Exactly. Crafting mythics is already gated by diamonds. There just isn’t any logical reason to put two gates on the process.

4 Likes

With all due respect @UKresistance, please don’t troll.
You can see from my old posts I told people to relax and give the Forge a chance.

Pharos has only been available once since the Forge released and that was during its release week, I can’t recall exactly when that was, but I am near 8000 diamonds so somewhere in the neighborhood of 12+ weeks ago, which means we have rotated through 48 mythics and not seen it again.

That is unfair. That is the problem with RNG based crafting. Rotate through them, fine, but plan them out so that we KNOW it will eventually drop.

7 Likes

And summer imp is trolling me, appearing at the beginning before you could have enough diamonds. And op was a book… -.-

This game needs more important fixes.

1 Like

Expand the Legendary selections to 8 or 16 if keeping the weekly RNG

1 Like

So you didnt read the OP because it was a “book” and yet you decide to call everyone “precious snowflakes”? Well done mate, well done…

10 Likes

To be fair there are plenty of those around. I just wouldn’t consider OP one of them due to the method chosen to present this. Also not implying they’re here in this thread for the record, though I’m sure they’ll arrive soon enough or are lurking.

A couple of counterpoints for you:

See you DO understand my frustration and the reason for this thread as that is EXACTLY the situation with Pharos on PC/Mobile.

MY OP was a book!? :astonished:
I take it you have not met our newest forum member Viridian??

And clearly there are more important threads that require your attention, thank you for brief patronage. Good luck with your endeavors elsewhere. Bye. :grin:

10 Likes

Oh dear god delete that! Don’t invoke the name - I’d like to continue following this thread and still have time to play!

7 Likes

I read the op…

There was nothing wrong with how you presented the OP. You surely didn’t pull a “precious snowflake” card. There is nothing wrong with someone in the community pointing out a deficiency in a game system. Frankly, it’s a great way to improve the game for everyone.

The devs are big girls and boys that can take this feedback and evaluate it. They don’t need random posters trying to dictate what is or isn’t important.

5 Likes

I felt like the Soul Forge was created for End of Game players to craft the one or two troops that elude them in chests.
I have 411/412 troops and for over a month have had the resources to craft Eurayli to so I can have 412/412. To the the best of my knowledge… Eurayli has never been in the Soul Forge, and if she has. It couldn’t of been more than one or twice early on when no one could craft anything.
This should be a non issue… Have 6 mythics than can be crafted and replace 3 of them every 2 weeks. But manually do this to remove the RNG factor. I’ll then no it will only be a matter of time before I can craft Eurayli. Opposed to the current system of hopes and prayers.

2 Likes

She was in there once. She is the one mythic I’m missing as well (not counting Xanthenos). Sadly, I didn’t have the resources for her at that time. Now, I do, so I hope she comes back in my lifetime. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes