AI Double Skull Damage [FURTHER INFORMATION]

ppl are still doing no potion clears, might be worth a shot

Iā€™m still doing no potion clears, but only because Iā€™m not spending money on the store to buy gems to buy sigils. I grind and grind and grind to get the hordes leveled instead of spending money.

Iā€™m not a top tier player so I donā€™t get the huge gem rewards they do. So it would take me a few months to save up enough gems to clear a faction from start to finish with potions. Not to mention I donā€™t have the time to even do that for a Tuesday faction event.

Maybe if I could start the faction event where my delve is currently at instead of starting at the beginning I may be more inclined to spend gems on the potions.

No problem my friend. No hard feelings. We both aiming on the same thing. They need to test out any updates before releasing. I know things could happen from now and then but this became something on regular basis. I am still suffering from the sudden crashes on iPhone 10 Pro. I stopped playing with my mobile cause there is no fix or solution till now since months ago.
I appreciate what GOW staff are doing but we need more efficiency thatā€™s all. After all this is why we report things to make the game better and that will increase their revenue and strengthen their product.

1 Like

So I wasnā€™t noticing the AI getting double skull damage on me before as I rarely play arena and that is where everyone seems to notice it the most.

But iā€™ve now had it happen to me multiple times during the Sailing North Guild Event. I had it happen multiple times where a troop that should have survived a skull hit dies and/or dies and so does the troop below it. On single match skull hits, not multi-match/cascade hits.

And I still think it happens even when turning down the speed on occasion.

I realized in any mode since I use Barrier and take damage anyway.

Definitely something thatā€™s been asked for, but due to the slow nature of the game It seems doubtful.
Many have asked for faction Tuesday to be extended into Wednesday making it a two day event. This seems more plausible at sometime in the future when delv completions start dwindling down on Tuesday.

2 Likes

So is this going to be fixed this week or what? I can see not putting a high priority on some bug that doesnā€™t affect game play but this makes any scaled game play impossible. Itā€™s just ridiculous how long this has been an issue at this point. Certification takes at most 48 hours and an issue of this magnitude should have been focused by all devs even over the weekend. Iā€™m not sure there is any compensation that can fix this one at this point and certainly if itā€™s 50 gems there will be people leaving in droves. Iā€™ve played this game every single day for almost 2.5 years and Iā€™m really questioning whether or not the devs are putting in as much time as I do at this pointā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, I just lost a fight against The Deep King Level 231 in Sailing North event because enemy was able to match skulls THREE times and each time did damage to my troop and the troop behind it. Ridiculous.

I agree 50 gems would be a frustrating ā€œcompensationā€ that only further makes us feel like they really do not care about the community. This bug is very frustrating and no matter if it is losing delves or explore 12 runs or guild events it feels bad losing simply because they did some buggy code. Even the temporary solution of lowering the game speed makes it waste more time. Having to redo runs you lost to a bug wastes resources and time and the solution also wastes time. I get they want to make money selling resources in game but that takes players and an active community to do and bad reviews detract from that. One would hope the compensation is equivalent to the time and gems wasted and frustration all of us are feeling. Most of us are losing a few sigils between last week and this week in events and those cost more than 50 gems each for us to buy. I guess we can just wait and see and hope for a speedy fix. They only just fixed the major lycanthropy gem issues and that took a couple weeks to get to.

2 Likes

From what Iā€™ve experienced.

4x speed - double skulls, double mana generation, incorrect skull damage, skulls through barrier (not much else left to go wrong except matching 2 yellows and a brown as a 3 matchā€¦)
3 x speed - all of the above, plus trample damage into adjacent troop. Initially the 3x speed seems okay, the AI sometimes only gets 1x skull damage, but eventually, it will get 2 x skull damage and/or trample. Still gets double mana.
2 x speed - as above, just takes more time for the AI to do any of the above. Still gets double mana.
1.5 x speed - unbearable for regular play, but right now it does not seem to do it, but not played it enough yet to totally give a 100% confirmation with any confidence, however the double extra turn banner and double mana surge banner seem to be absent.
1 x speed -unplayable for me

Why was the patch released early again?

EDIT - just lost 2 troops in Arena to 1 skull hit @1.5 x speed. Summoned troop killed both, double skull trample damage to 2nd troop at full health.

1 Like

Everything that the CPU has a % to happen,
like gnome escapes, devour, kills, etc all that are double as well. Prove me Iā€™m wrong.
Iā€™m on PS4 any high level battle is unplayable at 4x and I donā€™t have patience for 3X.

2 Likes

I dont care about 50 gems for this bug. Give me 8x speed to compensate

11 Likes

At least the treasure hunt is still viable game mode :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Is it possible to send all players a ā€œMEDALā€ which has ā€œDouble Skull Damage + Extra Gem Gainā€ like AI has?
Will it balance the situation?

2 Likes

Not really a fix when the enemy has higher stats than your team dealing skull damage twice and breaking barriers and still doing full damage and killing 2 troops at once. Also it would take up one of the medal slots you might be wanting to use anu nysha and orpheus medals in. Even if they tossed us a medal temporarily that did that it would still be in the benefit of the AI not the player. It would make it a little less terrible for us however but not much. It is similar to how bad lycanthropy was a few weeks ago. If you blew up a lycan gem the enemy would get fully healed with a brand new full lvl troop if they used it on you youd get some random beast that might not even be leveled or traited and was more likely to mana block your team than assist. It took a few weeks to make it so it actually halves the level of the troop making it less terrible to use against the AI.

3 Likes

What is the current status of this issue?

@Jeto @Saltypatra Hi both, I understand you might need more time for testing or the fix is waiting for approval. But could you confirm that if this issue canā€™t be fixed before Monday reset, Guild War will be postponed. I really canā€™t imagine to do Guild War with this bug.

5 Likes

The game is unplayable atmā€¦a long time player whoā€™s thinking of quitting it

4 Likes

Explore 12 is just a journey into hell with the combination of this bug and lycanthropy.

3 Likes