AI Double Skull Damage [FURTHER INFORMATION]

This is seriously one of the WORST bugs they’ve ever let go on for so long. I was one win away from an Arena run, but enemy matched one skull and killed both of my troops with it. The previous loss in that run was also caused by the skull bug. Absolutely ridiculous. And their compensation will probably be 50 gems or something stupid.

4 Likes

It is called a synchronization error between threads. Two different thread processes the same event but one is slower and the event is still sitting in the queue and the other thread grabs it again.
Writing bug free software is hard, writing bug free multi threaded software is impossible.

3 Likes

I totally forgot the bug after hulabalooza, but thanks for explaining why it took me six runs to finish the arena task! Time to go back to x3 speed…

1 Like

12h left.
And please check if Gnome a Palooza doesnt effect GW next week, then you need the next hotfix :wink:

Hey, did you know that this bug lets an Assassin roll a double instant kill on last slot? It’s not bad enough that you got double mana going into the delve bee troop after I get first turn double killed.

1 Like

Hey all,

We are still finalising some testing for this issue before the fix is submitted. The Team is doing their best to get it out as soon as they can.
As mentioned before, it is also dependant on the certification process.
Hope to have an update on this for everyone soon.

7 Likes

if it cannot be done before this weekend event, then it is better to have another Gnome-a-Palooza event and postpone the whole calendar.

5 Likes

Guild Wars if 5.6.5 isn’t released in time.

11 Likes

TaransWorld is showing the new faction as releasing on the 30th. The weekend event this weekend is an Invasion according to in-game data, and Invasion isn’t as sensitive to the skull bug as high-level Delves. Since (in my limited recollection) Invasion and Raid weekends are usually back-to-back, it seems like the devs have already shuffled the new faction back a week.

1 Like

and new faction too…

I was thinking about doing a lvl 500 faction run today, but seem like it is a hard no

1 Like

I thought I heard from the delves they will fix it before Tuesday Faction Assault (which is today), but apparently they did not fix it! I lost today a run because of this non-sense Double Skulls Bug.
This makes anything unplayable on high level events.
Please fulfill your promises.

They said they were hoping to get the fix out by Tuesday but did not offer any guarantees or promises that it will be done. Part of the solution is outside of their control due to the various platforms.

6 Likes

They didn’t promise. As @Zetta_Composer pointed out, they said they were hoping for Tuesday.

If we allow the devs to state “We hope to release by X date” and acknowledge it’s a goal and not a promise, then maybe they’ll do it more often with us. It’ll give us a better idea when things will come which will be a win. :pray:

Also, see if x3 animation speed works for you. It does for some people, but not everyone. It’s not as awesome as x4, but it’s far more bearable than x1. Thankfully it’s temporary!

1 Like

Well… I picked a good day to go for a pure faction 500 faction assault >.>

Yes…temporary…that’s what they say.

That’s right. The game isn’t unplayable with the bug. But I can see why it can feel so for those who are still chasing some goals like spending daily delve sigils, faction assault run, arena daily deal offers etc.

1 Like

The point is not about if they promised or not. The point is that you should not released an update without proper testing.
We support this game and we appreciate what they are doing but when we should highlight when something wrong, especially if that causes suffering and makes the game unplayable at high levels events.

1 Like

Agreed on they need to improve testing. I stopped paying for this game a few months back because of it. One day, maybe. :crossed_fingers:

My “they didn’t promise” comment was only referring on your fix for today comment.

Good thing the thorough certification process catches these sorts of things! You guys are real champs!