AI Double Skull Damage [FURTHER INFORMATION]

Will the problem also be fixed where the opponents are getting double mana, with or without a mana surge?

And you might as well fix the problem of “Extra Turn” being shown double for a single four-of-a-kind.

I suppose it’s a multi-threading issue so all of these duplications will go away in a single fix.

It just can’t get into my head, how the hell animation speed affects gem match event processing.
Also I think my PC is fast enough for gems.

4 Likes

@Jeto I wonder if this patch update can be released before the new faction weekend event, the thought of running 500 x 8-9 battles on 1.5x speed scares me…

I think that they are trying to get this out ASAP, and most updates usually drop on Tuesdays, so here’s hoping that all the platform cert stuff gets done and it comes out this upcoming Tuesday.

Here is what I think.

99% of players do not record their gameplay.

75% of players play at 4x speed

100% AI manipulation at 4x speed

0% manipulation at 1-2x

They bank on 99% of players missing this manipulation while playing at 4x, where 1-2x would be much easier to spot.

Thankfully we do have 1% of players recording their gameplay for these very reasons.

They got caught and pretend its a bug.

/end of theory

1 Like

50 Gems again? I am still waiting for my ingots back that i wasted on your last broken weapon!

1 Like

Lmao, this is the worst bug yet. So unpredictable. Extra mana, skull damage, trample damage.

Finally turned my game off after top 2 troops got killed through barrier with 1 skull hit. What a joke.

Deep cleansing breaths. :eyes: :rofl:

I don’t know if I understood what you meant there, but Ps4 auto record anything on the last 30 minutes so it’s quite easy to catch these problems, I already post some when necessary.
I definitely became aware of something strange after this update. Like dying on event where I usually not, and gnomes escaping very fast, if there wasn’t a proof anywhere I would probably post a video myself.

This is one of the worst bugs ever besides with Sudden Crashes. Now you can’t play at high level such delves or high level events. Double skull and wipe your troop even when you have barrier.
This is really sad and makes the game unplayable on such situations.

1 Like

I was joking, but also serious. Just saying that they manipulate the AI and risk doing it more on faster speeds because they think the players wont notice.

Not really sure how the speed of the game can affect something like this unless it was designed to do that.

It is weird to happen only on higher speed, well actually higher the speed more chance to happen, the bug is there.
I imagine the game code is a mess by now.

This bug goes really well with the AIs tendency to always get skull drops for matches on their turn, no matter how much you try to avoid it.

4 Likes

So tired of this glitch. It has negated most areas of the game for over a week.
Guess it is a good thing that this is a vault weekend and we are all running lower level explore and PvP to do it in the quickest time, and that the opponents are lower levels. Factions are a complete waste of time.

1 Like

Apparently they did that intentionally. Otherwise I see no reason that the bug not happening on player’s turn. They should go through the same logic.

Someone can do anything for revenue.

I thought the Double Skull Damage-Bug and the Hitting the The troop below if the first dies-Bug are related… But… The Double Skull Damage is gone, but the Hitting the Second is still there (Arena)

Double skull damage was seen to be inconsistent. I am not sure it is gone. I felt it was still there in Arena today. Also, the devs told it was gonna be rectified with a Client Patch (update).

1 Like

Does that mean 99% are unaffected by said bug?
asking for a friend

but if this is affecting everyone, are you not all on the same level playing field? I only ask because I came in second the last skull event and I was unaffected or at least wasn’t held back it seemed. Also where are you playing? 500 gems in the US are about $10. I have mates in Canada, but there it’s only like $12 there.

I don’t know how this was missed, but the ‘Extra Turn’ and ‘Mana Surge’ banners for the AI show twice instead of once. I would have thought 1 game seeing that would suggest something was odd. Thankfully E1 doesn’t require the board to be moved. When I played E5 up, I lost gnomes to double mana collection. I shudder to think what this would have done in a GW week…

I’m not giving the devs any benefit of the doubt on it, (historically the sheer weight of excuses and none sensisical explanations over the years has fnally removed my ability to give them the benefit) stuff’s been messed with for the AI.

3 Likes