After two weeks of GW, what is the weakest color to date? (Poll)

Surprised to see red. I’ve found a really killer red team that I’ve started using in regular PVP and may be my favorite team ever :smiley:. Granted it has no summoner but it frequently loops forever

2 Likes

If it contains a base mythic, that would likely explain it. There are a ton of good teams out there using Famine and Death, for example, but I have neither.

1 Like

Ive struggled most with yellow although ive only lost one fight but red green and blue have been cake walks for me

1 Like

I put Brown as really struggled to get a team that blended well together.

I started a thread where i shared my mono-color teams. Maybe some ppl could use ideas or add their own ideas…

1 Like

Brown has…

Behemoth, Bone Dragon, Khorvash, Gorgotha, Jarl, Kerberos, Keeper, Sheggra, Sylvanimora, Maw

Famine, Gard, Pharos, Stonehammer

And those are just the good high-level troops.

2 Likes

And all these troops bow down to and worship the mighty Cockatrice…

3 Likes

Cockatrice + Sylvanimora is a deadly combo on brown days.

2 Likes

Random thought, triggered by the above…

Really annoying that Khorvash’s spell stuns the enemy after resolving its damage - so killing a Deathknight with it does trigger Death Curse, when in my view it really shouldn’t: the stun should hit at the same time as the damage and negate the on-death traits… Unsure if this is intended or accidental or a bug, but life would be far nicer all round if it was corrected… @Nimhain?

3 Likes

Because of all the troops, Korvash is the one needing a change making him even stronger?^^

I get what you are saying, but if anything Khorvash still has to climb down a few rungs on the powerladder, not up.

How about starting with troops like Wandering Monk with that change to the spell sequence?

1 Like

I can agree with that… but to me this is a bug correction, not an intentional buff… Dracos LEET and troops with Knockout trait should get the same change (pretty sure they also suffer from this lag problem and Death Curse can trigger).

I agree that Khorvash could probably get a mild nerf again: still does way too much damage and full mana drain… but that’s going really off-topic…

Sorry it’s been a long day, but I really don’t get what you mean: please explain more and make idiot-proof?

All damage + stun or kill + stun resolves the kill before the stun, and the stun doesn’t take effect. Its a global thing that needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

Dracos actually does stun before the instant kill, it follows the order in the spell text strictly.

Don’t expect an idiot to make things idiot proof. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways the order in which stun and damage on a spell occurs is represented exactely in the spell text, so i don’t think it is an error or bug but an actual design decision.
Dracos already does it in the sequence to stun before his instant kill, so i guess if the Devs wanted a troop to stun before kill they could sequence it this way and if they haven’t done so my guess is they didn’t want to.

1 Like

Ah now I get you. And no, that needs to work that way, like ScaleGuards etc.

The issues isn’t the order of effects per se, but the fact that “death” is not a special sequence that occurs after all effects. For most status effects, this doesn’t matter because they would need to be cleaned up anyways, but for the purposes of stun, even if the damage comes first, it should be stun+damage (in whatever order) THEN death/cleanup. The position of the death/cleanup in the sequence is causing a lot of other issues as well. On Death effects still don’t work properly in a lot of different situations, causing resurrected troops to gain statuses, ghost troops when things get summoned over a dying troop, etc.

Wandering Monk’s spell is never going to have the stun precede the damage, because it has a double damage condition “if they are stunned”, which would be every time if the stun triggered first, unless they are thick head/impervious. While I don’t think this would be overpowered in any way (by all accounts, WM would still be a bad troop), but I don’t think this would be the intended way this spell works.

Well all this seems to go into the whole “make DK more useless” campaign i guess, so with Deathmark already getting its teeth pulled in the next patch i don’t feel like fighting that fight anymore.
So what ever floats your boat. I kinda enjoyed the fact i had to stun DKs before the deathblows, unless i used Dracos, but sure let DKs trait get disabled just if any of the troops involved in the battle have the word stun on them somewhere in their spells or traits. I don’t think we will be seeing a lot of them anymore anyways once the patch hits, so i do’t think it will matter either way.

1 Like

You still have to stun DK before killing him. DM can still kill you on the 2nd turn and if you don’t have any cleansers, it will function EXACTLY like it did before.

Well my understanding was that the whole point of the 1 turn grace period change was for people to be able to use cleansers to counter it. If people won’t use them, not a lot can be done to help them.

Not every color has cleansers. There’s also the fact that you have to have a cleanser already charged or you won’t be able to cleanse anyway. So DK is still going to be very effective in GW. He’s just not going to be more effective than nearly every other troop in the game outside Famine.