Actual Troops that break the Arena list

This one does 14 scatter damage twice in one spell cast. Again huge for Arena stats.

1 Like

This one kills all in 2 casts. Although, mana cost is a little higher. If I have this one in my team, I don’t even have to play with other troops.

2 Likes

Satyr Musician : Shuts down half your team with Silence AND one-to-two-shots AND takes magic to hit the next two targets harder while making it more difficult to fight back.

2 Likes

MARILITH

does 6 AOE true damage irrespective of magic stat. Doesn’t it? Crazy.

1 Like

I got her last night, Definitely a powerful troop in arena.

Run # Common Rare Ultra-Rare Epic Result Time Minutes Seconds Wins Losses # Battles Total Time Rank
6 Zhenniao Midge Swarm Ocularen Leech Lucifria 6-0 3 min 33 sec 3 33 6 0 5 3.6 1
5 Baby Dragon Boar Rider Werebear Bul’Tauros 6-0 4 min 18 sec 4 18 6 0 5 4.3 2
2 Golem Crab Man Cu Sith Cthyryzyx 6-1 4 min 20 sec 4 20 6 1 6 4.3 3
14 Sunsail Midge Swarm Moth Mage Moira Cragheart 6-0 4 min 42 sec 4 42 6 0 5 4.7 4
8 Skulk Fang Winter Knight Wind Archer Griff Stonefeather 6-0 4 min 55 sec 4 55 6 0 5 4.9 5
9 Dire Wolf Chaos Hound Plague Rat Ifrit 6-0 5 min 7 sec 5 7 6 0 5 5.1 6
13 Ship Cannon Ranger Leprechaun Herald of Chaos 6-0 5 min 18 sec 5 18 6 0 5 5.3 7
3 Skeleton Soothsayer Angry Mob Water Elemental 6-0 5 min 20 sec 5 20 6 0 5 5.3 8
1 Remnant Corpse Mare Warg Crimson Arrow 6-0 5 min 25 sec 5 25 6 0 5 5.4 9
11 Spider Swarm Frostfire Wraith Enchantress Princess Fizzbang 6-1 5 min 25 sec 5 25 6 1 6 5.4 9
10 Skeleton Paladin Settite Warrior Vlad the Unsated 6-0 5 min 45 sec 5 45 6 0 5 5.8 11
12 Bombot Mershark Claw Dancer Lady Sapphira 6-0 6 min 8 sec 6 8 6 0 5 6.1 12
7 Mad Prophet Winter Knight Wind Archer Tankbot 2000 6-1 7 min 8 sec 7 8 6 1 6 7.1 13
4 Ghoul Netherhound Moonsinger Stone-Biter 6-1 7 min 9 sec 7 9 6 1 6 7.2 14
15 Spider Knight Urska Druid Falconer Envoy of Pride 6-0 8 min 46 sec 8 46 6 0 5 8.8 15
Category Time
Total Time 83.3
# Battles 79
Avg per Battle (minutes) 1.05
Avg per Run (minutes) 5.55
Trophies per Hour 496

This DOES NOT include the drafting time. I start the counting as soon as the first battle loads and I stop it when the last enemy dies in the last battle. So all of the loading time in between battles is included, but the time spent drafting and collecting rewards is not included. For the trophies and gold per hour, I added 30 seconds onto the average minutes per run to account for drafting time. Then it’s simply how many runs you can do in an hour multiplied by 50 trophies (assuming you always get 6 wins).

VERY important note: I start with 1 win because of VIP. The average time per battle is about 1 minute. That means anyone who doesn’t have high enough VIP will need to add about a minute onto every run to account for the extra battle needed.

My 1 loss in run #4 came thanks to Gargoyle, which took out my entire team in two casts. Lucifria is an incredibly powerful troop. Crimson Arrow is also insane – one shots pretty much any troop because his attack is slightly higher, so he deals the extra 15 damage.

4 Likes

This one is also bad news whenever you encounter it:

Didn’t help that there were 4 purple allies and enemies, for a total of 7 + 4 * 4 = 23 life steal. :astonished:

1 Like

Watch our for Moira as her doomskull conversion can 1shot wipe your whole team (followed by a few skulls falling down)

I’ve never had an enemy Moira use her ability and NOT lead it to me taking out the enemy team. She’ll kill maybe 1-2 of my troops, and then I kill her team with the rest of the matches. AI is bad

Hey leonardo quit tempting fate.

king-of-the-world

Again… We aren’t all seeing the same AI at the exact same time. You just wait and eventually you’ll get your super hard more.

I did 16 Arena runs in a row yesterday (that I recorded, I did many more before that) and only failed one of them, mostly because my draft really sucked (Envoy of Pride sucks if you can’t get his first kill off quickly enough). Out of 83 Arena battles, I lost 6 of them.

The AI has never been good, no matter the time or server or whatever. It makes the same stupid choices all the time. It’s just not programmed to do anything different.

1 Like

You want to lose more?
When I bitch about the game. It’s in hopes that my feedback will make it better for the majority of the player base.
You want it to be more difficult? Because losing is fun?

Actually yes I would like the AI to be more difficult for me and not just “more stats.” I want the AI to know what targets are a threat. When I play PvP with Zuul’goth in front against enemy Zuul’goth teams, their Zuul’goth for some reason always targets my Fist of Zorn or Apophisis in the back, never my own Zuul’goth. It’s baffling.

The AI will match gems BEFORE using an empowered troop, and in doing so, give up an amazing set up it could have used the empowered troop on. It will sometimes converts skulls and give ME tons of 4 and 5 matches. It will prioritize using an ability over matching skulls even if it could have killed my troop with the skulls or even when leaving the skulls for me means the enemy troop will die next turn.

There are just so many examples of the AI not being programmed to make choices that any human player would.

But it wouldn’t be just for you.
Either I’m right and the difficulty changes for us all depending on whatever scenarios.
Or… The AI is the same for everyone and you want the game to be more difficult for everyone.

When I think of difficulty, I think, more time to have success Against the AI compared to the present.

And the last thing the game needs, is even more time required to keep up.

I wouldn’t have made a big deal about it, but this is what the 3rd separate thread this week where you try to motivate the devs to increase the difficulty?

Slow your roll Leonardo… please…I fear your feedback may fall into the 10% of the time the devs actually listen.

1 Like

There should be a risk of it.

3 Likes

He went 83-6 in the arena. If that happened in ranked PvP I’d personally feel pissed.

There are game modes that are too easy. Arena isn’t one of them.

FLESH GOLEM

This guy keeps buffing and removes spell ability of all enemies. And EXPLODES a row.

2 Likes

ENVY

What a strong troop. I collect mana with so much difficulty, and this guy just kills 2 of my troops in one shot. First turn of AI.

6 Likes

Mr Royal Engineer seems to be quite OP in Arena too actually. On top of its ridiculous spell (for Arena) it even summons.

9 Likes

Unheralded troops…

Well, Herald of Woe (it’s heralded!) is actually pretty good in first slot. Can get beyond the curve very quick.

Kartek the Climber does damage and eliminates 10 armour from all. Only need a pea shooter with it to take down an entire team.

Oh and Clockwork Knight is pretty ugh once it chain casts on yellow and gains armour, while at the same time pulling sky skulls. Anything that changes the board state is very handy really.

1 Like