Account Support is non-existent

@Saltypatra @Kafka After my battles from last GWs, I lost access to my account later that day. I immediately put in a ticket since the game kept asking me to update it even though I’m at 5.3. 21 days later I only have an automated response and no help. This also happened to another player in my guild family and she too has not gained access to her account. I understand holidays and backlog but not getting any response to a ticket to even ask for more details (if appropriate) is very upsetting. Original ticket #98100 (which you marked solved though no comments were made and no communication) when I put in an additional ticket thinking somehow this 1st one had gotten lost. Latest ticket #98778.)

I’m posting here because it seems my ticket has fallen into the black hole of death.

33 Likes

Making sure a user’s account is active and they’re able to play should be at the top of the support priority. Gotta ping you devs @Saltypatra @Kafka

9 Likes

It is indeed disappointing not to get an answer especially as GW has started this week and it’s so important for the guilds in our family.
I really hope this cry for help will help getting things moving before reset or we may be down 2 players :frowning:

7 Likes

Otherwise a suitable compensation seems only fair?

6 Likes

I can speak that this individual is one of the most active and enthusiastic members of our Guild. Losing them over the past month has been crippling morale-wise because we see no resolution in sight

7 Likes

This is simply not a way to treat your good costumers. How can it take more than 3 weeks to fix a broken account? Not only does it affect the person who cant play, but also the guild.
You really owe @Geran a fast fix to this problem.

5 Likes

I can only agree, it’s very disheartening to see someone that has invested so much time, effort and resources supporting this game (Geran has been in Anonymous for more than 5 years!) can be locked out of their account for nearly a month without even hearing back from support… Issues preventing access to the game for your customers should be prioritized :frowning:

8 Likes

That sounds like it might not have updated your local file containing the version number. Big hammer approach, have your tried reinstalling and linking your account again?

2 Likes

The update was done fine. Both hers and the other locked out account were successfully updated earlier in the week (when update came out) and successfully played until Sunday both on Mobile and PC. The issue happened after Monday reset. Reinstalling, clearing cache, using a different device etc has all proven unsucessful. I think we really need support to intervene here.

1 Like

New version numbers are never enforced right away, the server still allows the old version access for a few days. The behavior you are describing matches exactly what happens if your version file somehow didn’t get updated.

2 Likes

Actually the game expects both their accounts to be in 5.3.5, not 5.3.
They were correctly updated to 5.3 as far as I know.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be solved when using a different device though? We’ve also tried using those 2 blocked accounts on devices that are sucessfully running other accounts and we still get the same error message :frowning:

1 Like

As has been posted, I was able to play my account successfully with 5.3 and then left the game after GWs. When I tried to played later that’s when this happened.

3 Likes

As we waited patiently over the holidays we certainly made excuses as to why this was happening. Of course people were on break, of course they would get right to it after the holidays…everyone needs time off! Can no longer excuse this now, its Jan 11TH and Guild wars in starting. Please fix this, its beyond explanation that more then 1 account can be marooned for so long. HELP!

5 Likes

As someone who loves guild wars, it’s very disappointing to hear of fellow players who have had their accounts jacked for almost a month with no support. I understand Christmas and New Year’s breaks, but come on. @Saltypatra @Kafka please help—gw starts at reset!

6 Likes

I can’t believe that you haven’t heard from support in 3 weeks. I’m guessing you’ve invested not only time, but plenty of cash into this game. It’s inexcusable to not see support handling this. I’ll certainly not be buying any more elite passes from a company who can’t take care of paying customers and instead ignores them. I’ll be encouraging everyone on a gems discord I frequent (400+ members) to do the same.

2 Likes

Yeah. The devs have not been very responsive as of late. It’s too bad, as they used to be pretty quick to sort out any issues. Still are waiting for a response to this thread as well. Maybe @Saltypatra can bring these issues to someone’s attention?

1 Like

Priority! Yeah. I hope your issue is solved soon Geran.

7 Likes

@Saltypatra @Kafka please help our friends to get back in game!

10 Likes

I hope they will solve asap your problem maybe with a great compensation. Lose 3 weeks in a game like this one it isnt good. I hope they will start to work. Good luck man, Im with you!

5 Likes