A New Mythic Approaches - Will of Nysha

I tried, it was less popular than 300,000 glory keys, 400,000 seals, at Tenagra, or the sequel, 78,000,000 glory keys, 400,000,000 guild chests, with arms wide spread.

So, I kinda get where youā€™re coming from on this/these, and youā€™re not wrong 'cause the monthly new Mythic release threads seemingly always read like this.

For me, these threads have always been about sharingā€¦ how lucky you were this time around and sharing that elation, or the misfortune you experienced and venting the frustration. Arenā€™t the ā€œgacha bragsā€ (or woes) really just that?

Iā€™ve mentioned this before in other threads, but I cannot think of a comparable feeling in gaming than landing a Mythic, and if a player wants to ā€œgacha bragā€ (or woe) about getting a Mythic drop, Iā€™m here for the share.

3 Likes

Come on, heā€™s kidding.

There came a time not long ago when there were errors in the drop pool during New Mythic Fridays or even Monday Resets.

It got bad to the point where people were suggested to wait until other people pulled the Mythic, and resetting the game before Friday reset was always encouraged.

Remember when Taranā€™s World used to have drop rates for chests? People used that to spot check drop rates to make sure stuff worked. Now that its no longer available, its even more important for people to be aware and not always assume the game works as intended. (keep notes and evidence if needed, but donā€™t assume every part of the game is broken too).

So no, I donā€™t feel bad at all if anyone posts their success and cost rate, as its good to see confirmation that drops are working properly and/or if RNG has shifted from normal averages (despite a near 100% chance that it will be said that algorithms havenā€™t been touched) .

Its certainly a bit more useful than people that just complain about everything and cause drama over pointless nothings.

14 Likes

For Slypenslydeā€™s benefit more than anything, I thought this was a super lame way to end what otherwise seemed like a reasonable post.

Iā€™m not against a separate thread for gacha results :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

I donā€™t stockpile keys for mythic releases because I need so many old mythics.

I do sometimes post my shard drops during new delve releases, just in case someone wants to keep track of those percentages. I donā€™t always remember to keep track of the treasures tho, so in the end, I guess my data isnā€™t scientific enough to be of assistance.

I donā€™t see it as gacha brags or woes tho. Itā€™s easy enough to skip past posts I donā€™t feel like reading, just as Iā€™m sure my posts are sometimes skipped. I donā€™t see the need to create a whole new thread to be skipped.

Itā€™s not really one of his posts unless he signs it that way. He has one rhetorical trick: ā€œattack the person, not the argumentā€.

The short way to observe what happened is I voiced my opinion and ā€œthe communityā€ doesnā€™t like it, for some definition of ā€œthe communityā€ measured by ā€œWho can post the loudest and throw in some insults?ā€ Whatever. I made a post, it got people talking, some people showed their butts. Typical Friday!

This is how I evaluate.

The first glance I get at Will of Nysha she seems dumb and underpowered, but thatā€™s because the devs still havenā€™t found a way to express how their troops scale on an announcement image. WoN isnā€™t ā€œSteal 3 magic and deal 17 damageā€, but ā€œSteal 3 magic and deal [Magic + 1] damage.ā€ (Devs: Iā€™m not licensing that high-tech way to display the scaling factor, you can use it without license or credit!)

Her Magic is 8 at level 20, so I want to talk about her doing 9 damage, not 17 as advertised. Donā€™t like it, write your own review.

Iā€™m already underwhelmed. Stealing 3 magic is cool, so I suppose I can say if they got the order right she does 21 damage on her first swing. So sheā€™s a good blaster for a level 1 Explore if you can get 22 mana on turn 1. Thatā€™s not a good place to put her.

Swing 2 sheā€™ll hit for 33, Swing 3 sheā€™ll hit for 45, and realistically speaking I just donā€™t see you winning the match if you got this far. A reasonable PvP match these days is over in 5-10 moves. It takes 3-4 of those to get 22 mana optimistically and assuming you have great board control. Hence she has the same weakness most mediocre mythics have: sheā€™s just too dang slow without a team built to support her.

Spell Block makes her reasonably tanky vs. snipers. Essence of Magic has good flavor but is also a relatively slow burn. In my average game sheā€™s contributing +4 to the rest of the team before my pivotal turn, Iā€™d really like more value than that out of my mythics. Stun her and sheā€™s worthless. Web her and sheā€™s just as bad. She canā€™t protect herself from her biggest weaknesses.

The place where Will of Nysha shines best is a place where youā€™re generating more than 11 mana per turn, you can make the game last 8+ turns, and ideally you have something else thatā€™s scaling Magic * 2 to really exploit her +stats. Thatā€™s flavortown. Itā€™s alsoā€¦ a team thatā€™s probably winning without Will of Nysha. Ouch.

In just about any situation I might want WoN, Iā€™d rather have Tricksterā€™s Shot. In terms of troops, her purple friends that outrank her are A.Weaver, Infernus, Obsidius, Pharos-Ra, Scorpius, The Possessed King, and in many cases Suna. Sheā€™s really a worse version of Suna.

Will there be neat teams? Sure. Will there be meta teams? Not unless we get a lot of brand-new mechanics.

3 Likes

Jeah Iā€™m gullible like thatā€¦ =ā€¦(.

So, your first 4 posts were just designed to get the community ā€œtalkingā€. I didnā€™t even understand the huge tracts of land reference from post 1. Post 2 with the false key numbers. Post 3 with everything wrong with the community, and post 4 about why the community doesnā€™t like what you say. Post 5 has your actual analysis of the troop, but only after you take a few more shots.

Thank you for your contributions. Personnally, I prefer @TheIdleOneā€™s analysis, but your opinions are appreciated as well.

2 Likes

I see. For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™d post my monthly results in a separate thread if there was one.

1 Like

This is the first time Iā€™ve gotten a Mythic from chests on my 9 month old alt account. So happy!

8 Likes

@Bernice Please tell me your alt accountā€™s name is Bernaughty.

9 Likes

@Jonathan Thatā€™s brilliant! Iā€™ll keep that one in mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Jesus christā€¦ I used 6000 seals last week and just used 3500 seals now, well over 600 gem keys, thousands of glory keys. Weā€™ve done a whole bunch of legendary tasks already in my guild so Iā€™ve gotten all the keys possible from normal+epic tasks and legendary tasks. Still no mythic.

Iā€™m pretty sure at this point the devs flag certain accounts and just say ā€œNope, no mythic for you.ā€ Statistically, 600 Gem Keys and 4000 Glory Keys should yield 1 Mythic, not to mention that I didnā€™t get Mother of Darkness either and I used tens of thousands of keys trying to get her.

I really think they flagged my account to yield no mythics. I havenā€™t gotten a mythic since I posted about not spending money.

Thereā€™s something inherently wrong with the system when you save every single key you get between mythics being released and use them all to try to get said mythic and you donā€™t. When do you ever get a mythic then? Iā€™m not using keys on non-mythic weeks, theyā€™re all being saved for the next mythic. But now Iā€™m TWO mythics behind.

Aquaticus, King Bloodwood, Obsidius, Queen of Sin, Shade of Zorn, Shahbanu Vespera, The Gray King, TINA-9000, Umenath, Vashā€™Dagon ā€“ all of these I got from opening chests by saving keys between weeks. Champion of Gaard I didnā€™t get but I hadnā€™t saved keys for him because I thought he was kind of trash. But now Mother of Darkness and Will of Nysha is two months in a row I havenā€™t gotten.

There are only so many sources of Mythics in the game. You can craft them with diamonds when they come up in rotation, but it takes weeks to get enough diamonds to do that. You can get them in Event chests, but it takes hundreds and hundreds of event keys to ā€œguaranteeā€ it, otherwise itā€™s the same bad chance as any other.

Do they just want people to fall behind in new content? Seems pretty ridiculous.

Edit: I just purchased 100 VIP keys for 5500 gems. No mythic. Jesus christ. Thatā€™s the BEST CHANCE FOR A MYTHIC IN THE GAME.

5500 gems WASTED.

Hrm, how much would it cost for me to BUY 5500 gems?

Oh wow, what a deal:

2175x2 = 4350 gems for $200
943 gems for $50ā€¦
145 gems for $10
73 gems for $5

$265 for 5511 gems. ā€œYeah, our new mythic troop? Uh, just go ahead and drop a cool $265 worth of gems trying to get itā€¦ oh, you didnā€™t get it? Well, thereā€™s the shopā€¦ā€

Trying to get the latest troops in this game is one of the dumbest things Iā€™ve ever encountered in a game. Youā€™ve got people who get 3 copies of a new troop using 10k of the WORST keys for it (glory) meanwhile people are using thousands and thousands of gem keys, guild keys, and VIP keys and they get nothing. How broken is that?

4 Likes

The problem is the devs will say that soulforge is the pity timer and that chests are working as intended.

This is exactly the reason I always question the devs about the path subscription. It still wouldnā€™t necessarily prevent someone from overspending for multiple copies and most people use stockpiles of saved resources instead of spending money anyway.

The gem $ value is ridiculous. This is why LTs have a new task well to reach, this is why they keep adding new gem sinks. The gems to get a mythic should not cost more than a console. A whole game is way too much imho, but Iā€™ll settle for the path cost as they gotta eat too.

It as also doesnā€™t help that Iā€™ve know people gullible enough to convert diamonds to souls while missing 20+ mythics.

I just wish once theyā€™d compromise on this issue rather than just throw RNG at us with more tripwires for the unaware.

Lol but they want us to spend Diamonds on crafting weapons too, with no new ways to actually get diamonds.

So the rate of obtaining diamonds is FIXED, but the amount of things they want us to craft from diamonds keeps increasing.

3 Likes

Main reason I think the old event weapon solution was unfair for new players (/anyone). It seems like maaaybe some old event weapons might get re-offered in event shops under the new weekend event system? But yeah, idk. I have players who havenā€™t crafted a Mythic in forever due to catching up on old weapons (which isnā€™t something I had to do simply because I happened to subscribe to fomo through all of the weekly events and made sure I purchased them with Gems ā†’ not a valid reason to tax new players, or anyone, ideally).

2 Likes

Iā€™ll never understand how this game can both simultaneously punish older players for playing so long and add more game modes and P2W that the average new player canā€™t keep up.

3 Likes

Valid points re the Mythic failures and punishment. Recent changes such as Epic Tasks and additional Guild Guardians, designed to get more people to spend gems, less keys etc.

For the past 15 months, Iā€™ve not really needed gems to get Mythics, Iā€™ve stashed and scrimped and done things to get as many keys as possible. I got 4 Gray Kings fgs, 3 Queen of Sin, 2 Tina, 2 Aquaticus, 2 Obsidius, 2 Phoenicia, 2 Shahbanu, 2 Champ of G, 3 Bloodwood etc.

MoD was a complete key wipe, months of such. W of N was twice as bad and rather silly on my part, as itā€™s a legendary in disguise.

Upshot maybe 14k gems, 175k glory, 10k glory keys, 2.75k gem keys, 30,000 guild seals for the last 2 mythics since Epic Tasks.

1 Like

Soā€¦ do I use another 2250 gems for 50 VIP chests to try and get Will of Nysha? ;-/