A New Mythic Approaches - Will of Nysha

When I first saw the artwork for Will of Nysha, my mind went to how the devs must have conceptualized Lisa Coleman (from Prince and The Revolution) as a Mythic troop.

Yes, I’m slightly younger than dirt.

Anyway, I stayed up to open chests at the first moment of Mythic release… to enjoy/experience that fleeting moment of anticipatory exhilaration… like, "I feel like this is going to be a lucky pull… "

I also experienced that “sinking feeling,” too… like, “I could’ve/should’ve waited till the last day to open chests. :unamused:

But, getting that cyan lettering to appear provides that special feeling of having defied the odds, which you have… and I did. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

100 gem keys but I was unlucky and did not get the mythic from last month after dumping a decent amount of resources in trying to get her. At best this kind of balances it out for me.

I didn’t get the last mythic (Mother of Darkness) either. I’m starting to think the devs flagged my account and said like “NO MYTHICS FOR YOU!!!1” cuz I posted that thread about not spending anymore money…

/tinfoil hat

1 Like

400,000 VIP keys.

3 Likes

It balances out the 6 gold keys you spent to get the last 2 Mythics. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It’s useful for kingdom stars probably not much else…

IMG_327e93c4-bef9-473a-91c6-1082d4267b90
50 gem keys after warming up with 550 gold keys

4 Likes

Well shit. 3500 gem/guild keys later, no 2nd Will of Nsyha.

I finally pulled a 2nd but I’m ashamed to say how much it cost… That was not worth it.

I would be happy with only one. I haven’t got a mythic in 5 months. I’m about done. May just take a prolonged break.

1 Like

Obviously you aren’t obligated to play Gems over any other game, but if you are in an active* guild, and doing dungeons daily, you can be earning enough diamonds/shards to Soulforge any mythic troops that you don’t find in chests. It sucks missing out on these troops, but thankfully the game offers ways to make progress even when the RNG works against you.

* Hits 40k seals regularly, and especially during mythic release weeks. Completes the last stage of guild events more often than not. Finishes the base guild tasks each week, and maybe a few of the epic tasks.

5 Likes

It was dumb luck here, but eventually almost every mythic can reasonably be unlocked with time. I was unable to get umenath without going broke, so I’m waiting for soulforge.

Luck is too random and buying gems is an awful deal. I do wish there was some outlet to get mythics for those in more casual guilds with the epic task threshold now.

Holy shnizzle! Wouldn’t it have been better to just wait for it to get into the soulforge?

One can do things like grind Treasure Hunt and save up enough gems to use during specific kingdom event weeks for the sole purpose of targeting specific Mythics… said this Level 37 F2Player, who has never been in or created a guild, and currently has 25 base rarity Mythics on roster. :slightly_smiling_face:

Every post I make about the keys I spend is a protest that the GoW community, unlike other organized gaming communities, prefers to use the troop’s release thread as a “spam your gacha luck” instead of “keep discussion to the troop strategy”.

It’s not that there aren’t people who evaluate the troop, it’s that they’re drowned by people who:

• Desperately need to share they got lucky.
  • Desperately need to share they got average.
  • Desperately need to share they are unlucky.
  • Promote the weekly conspiracy theory that the game is rigged.

And an overall attitude that “helping other players” is wrong and hurts you.

Some places I go have a dedicated thread just for gacha brags and delete posts about number of loot crates opened anywhere else. That way if you want to read a thread with nothing but “400 gem keys, 600 seals” you have a thing to bookmark!

3 Likes

I have been a daily player. In an active guild completing events. Hit max seals weekly. I have been playing a lot, amassing a bunch of seals and keys. I finally have enough diamonds to forge a troop. It is very disheartening not to have one single new mythic drop in months. My point is developers could, I’m not saying they did, tweak drops to encourage people to buy stuff. It makes good business sense in a freemium game. So. I won’t put any more money into it and will probably start playing some other games.

Be the change you want to see. Why not make a thread like this here? That seems like it’d be far more likely to change things rather your protest.

7 Likes

Because there is no rule or even “tradition” to keep such things apart from the official post about the new Mythic. People are simply entitled to post about their luck/unluck and that’s it. You are also entitled to rant about it and compare communities by the way.

In the same vein people could simply make their own threads to talk strategy, and some did with variable degrees of success.

You are reading/assuming too much about what others share and putting everyone on the same “they are all bad” sack. Some players might just share they are happy about a new mythic acquired, others being bummed for not getting it because they had wild plans to use said mythic or simply keep their collection.

Is such topics, and the people posting, are so insuferable to you there are plenty of options available:

• Don’t visit the topic.
  • Don’t visit the forums at all.
  • Approach the devs/moderators and suggest changes to their policies and community guidelines. (And hope they consider it.)
  • Start your own threads asking/sharing strategic insights about the new troops.

Or simply keep doing your protest. Everyone would be fine ignoring that and things won’t change.

7 Likes

As for these mythic release threads, I guess it depends on the spoiler thread or in rare cases, it’s own thread based on spoilers when it’s really bad.

In this case, when it was revealed for the magic divided by 2 with spell armor. Perhaps the devs buffes it on the reactions, perhaps it was intended. It did however change to be a good troop.

I’ll admit to being part of the “problem” and I don’t think it’s bad to share teams. I just don’t go crazy unless there is a unique troop to work with. Mother of darkness was overpowered to nerfed to mediocrity. Vesparu is rng times three that to use reliably has massive pitfalls. The best team I can think of is Salty’s team, or a humility team.

This troop is either imho, too obvious to work with to go out and brainstorm to share with the world. Any purple team, especially divine and/or mystic based can use her. A hero with dispel all removes the submerge weakness. I like this mythic, and will use her appropriately, but I don’t have a dozen 300+ delve teams as the scaling, while nice, does need time at that level. As for pvp, it’s literally an interchangeable piece for divines. Here is how I’d use it, a slower but methodical team.

Divine Ishbala
Hero, either bard or class with dispel all
Will of Nysha
Voice of Orpheus

If you need help in the game you can just ask. That’s what I always do and people here always respond with helpful tips in my experience. As a matter of fact, I think you have helped me with my questions on very many occasions (thank you for that, by the way).

1 Like

I tested Will of Nysha a bit and honestly… We have better/cheaper options to use in teams around the new guardians

Will of Nysha: Her trait to buff purple troops is mostly a waste in my opinion… Sure she gains +1 of magic each turn, but compared to what you expect to gain from her spell, and you want to use her spell a lot, so you need some troops to generate mana for her. Among some cheap purple options there is Rock Troll and Azura, the later can dispell all enemies as well as cripple some of their stats so she is good to remove Submerged. Rock Troll on his turn is a good tanker to be in the first position, but even Crysturtle could be a nice option for this role, even if it’s not purple, because it can tank damage and transform gems into brown.