A New Mythic Approaches - TINA-9000

Have to say it again, Tesla is a better troop than this. Split damage > RANDOM damage to 3 RANDOM targets.

Tesla works well with Tina- cast Tina and then Tesla’s spell is much more powerful. Still searching for the ideal support troop to get the mana up though.

1 Like

I had a blast with

Titan/Mountain Crusher
Tesla
Tina
The Possessed King

The fact that Tina catches overflow from Mountain Crusher is just fabulous.

Edit: on further thought, any class that starts with 50% mana is fine. Barriers are nice, but these battles are over too quickly to matter.

1 Like

Not even bothering to build a deck for TINA until the spell issue is resolved. Same applies to Bai-El who also doesn’t work properly (and for much of the week had the fearsome TBD spell) and could really mess up wars. We also just had a new class weapon with TBD and an identity complex. Bear shield one minute, shield of urskaya the next. Developers REALLY NEED to test their new stuff before release. At the moment they clearly don’t. People are spending a stack of keys, gems and cash on a bunch of stuff that doesn’t work. Embarrassing.

Try replacing The Possessed King with Clockwork Sphinx and Titan class with Mechanist. Everyone starts with 50% mana and clockwork Sphinx is a mana generator with its low cost.

2 Likes

A Hero with Trickster’s Shot would love that… :smiley:

0 keys
beat that

27 Likes

You’re welcome!

:grin:

6 Likes

Congratulations!
f2a265c26958a8f874a51b628075e526b17ffb5ffe881cc20e3a86d6d022ebd1
(Intrim got Tian Yi from a LT last month)

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Everyone in the guild got it too.

1 Like

Clear, straight-up, no-frills brag. Love it!
Congratulations !

1 Like

Burned all of my gem and glory keys & Guild seals, then dumped 5k gems into gem keys - and got 2 on the last batch of 50.

I have all troops & all weapons (except ZG and the Dooms we can’t get yet) so I kinda had to keep trying, but this one was super expensive.

1 Like

That would be great, but I’m not holding my breath… The general mechanic of this type of spell was changed in 4.0 to nerf Ubastet’s ‘kill a newly summoned troop in place of the one that just died’, although puzzingly the devs didn’t acknowledge it at the time and the official stance remains ‘Infernus has always worked in this way’ (eh, no).

I took the time to look for a pre-4.0 video featuring Infernus, took a while but I found one in which you can see the pre-nerf behavior (thanks @Tacet): at around 9:25 in the video Infernus is cast, and you can clearly see his first hit landing on the 2nd troop (killing the first), and his second hit landing on the now-dead 1st troop but still dealing splash damage to the 2nd troop (and killing it).

After 4.0, that second hit does no longer take place, and the 2nd troop would still be alive… How is this not a nerf @Kafka?

9 Likes

@Avathar that was a bug fix. You can’t do damage to a dead Troop, therefore a dead Troop can’t have splash damage bounced off it onto live Troops.

Due to community feedback we are considering (no promises), changing Infernus’ spell to retarget if the 2nd target dies on first spell hit. However even if we do that we’re not going to allow splash damage off non-existent/dead Troops.

1 Like

Infernus was a weird edge case. For most troops, there is no difference between targeting a slot and targeting the troop sitting in it. Infernus is the only troop I can think of where there the distinction matters. And given the mechanics when it was released, it’s quite understandable that most of us assumed its spell selected slots (which are always available) rather than troops (which become unavailable as a target if they die).

While you’re looking at Tina’s and Infernus’ targeting, please don’t forget Ship Cannon. I know it’s only a lowly common, but it suffers from the same issue.

5 Likes

Would also love to tag on last week’s Sandrunner in that case as well. It would be a great low level troop if it this empty targetting wasnt a thing.

6 Likes

Santos frijoles Batman!

1 Like

Would it be possible to have both hits happen simultaneously, or are there technical limitations around that kind of thing? I suppose it would be difficult to track if both hits targeted the same troop, as well.

Many thanks for your answer! If Infernus got that change it would be wonderful, he might have been too good in the past but after all the changes (higher mana cost, less starting mana from Ishbaala, less mana gathered off explosions, sometimes no 2nd hit) he’s much less fun to play with, and guaranteeing him two hits with his cast would help… Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

Not on release day but we just dropped this in our guild :slight_smile:

11 Likes