A New Mythic Approaches - Skadi

50 Vip Keys and got 2! :grinning:

3 Likes

Congrats on the Arcane Summer! I’m sure it will be very useful.

4 Likes

Same here! Gratz.

1 Like

So, any Team-Suggestions with Skadi?

I started out with: Queen Mab/Ragnagord/Skadi/Forest Guardian(for skull). So many troops is immune to mana burn nowadays that the team itself is nothing special.

3 Likes

Yeah, Impervious protecting from Devouring mechanics drags down Mana Burn usefulness as well.

I got her in first opening of 50 Glory chests, lucky! :smiley:

5 Likes

100 vip, got two. Lucky at love, lucky at gems, wish I was lucky at the lottery lol

2 Likes

This one cost me more then I would have liked but looks like it will be worth it.

Spent 1500 glory and 300 gem keys then after some complaining about missing the new troops too, my first 50 VIP pulled 2 and 2 skadi.

Having VIP sometimes pays off, it’s when you miss it you are pissed but, how well do you save?

No Skadi here after spending some resources trying to get her :cry: seals will be my last hope of gaining one.

100 vip, got two.

Show off :slight_smile:

1000 gold keys to prime the ol RNG engine…
And
800 glory keys later Skadi and Ser Cygnea are mine!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Her cost is too high. For less mana, and same colors, Aby is much better.

3 Likes

I agree, after extensive testing I think aby is better all around, but put her on defense and watch the wins fly in, maybe she is another troop that is better used on defense.

1 Like

4k guild seals spent for me, which I am happy with beings that there is another mythic in 2 weeks and I still have most of my hoard lol

2 Likes

Man, I am just not feeling this one. Let’s see:

• She’s the only Mythic (I believe) who is completely shut down by Impervious. At least the others that inflict status effects also do some damage. Plus Queen Mab a) is way cheaper, b) mana burns twice as many troops, and c) is just as effective at freezing multiple enemies.

• Knock the first 2 enemies to the back: OK, great, sometimes this will be beneficial but more often won’t make a difference. But… if it does make a difference, you can’t cast her spell a second time or the troops will swap right back and that benefit is lost.

• Summon Mab: Good summon… but a) most of the time it won’t matter because your team’s at full strength, and b) actually summoning Mab will block 2 out her 3 colors.

Trait-wise she isn’t much better. Immunity to Frozen is way less effective on her than, say, Mab because Mab at least has a non-zero chance of an extra turn. Arcane is OK, though her mass damage (boosted Mana Burn) is less effective than other mass damage since it can be completely blocked by Impervious and Mana Shield… and only hits 2 enemies.

And that third trait… get the heck out of here. We already got it on a Legendary.

All in all I’m really struggling to see much use… the positive stuff really gets neutralized by so many limitations and negative effects. Other than the summon, Mab seems like a better troop in almost every way.

16 Likes

All very good points. That just made me feel a little better about not dropping her and being bankrupt.

5 Likes

Im sure some people would make comparisons to Plague and that being a support troop or the likes.

She’s the type of troop you’d cast once and have the rest of your team pelt their shifted troops to death

1 Like