A New Mythic Approaches - Shade of Zorn

50 Guild Keys which blew me away (normally I will spend everything 5k worth of keys that I save all month for this). I just spent my mythic luck for 6 months now. I really do think they need to rethink mythic pulls. It gets harder and longer between mythics now.

50 gem keys at 4am on EST timeā€¦ was pretty happy considering all the stuff that everyone else has spent.

i got a couple xD

1 Like

I got one.

Imgur

2 Likes

Only took 3,000 seals for me.

1 Like

Thereā€™s something Iā€™ve been wondering about. How many Mythics do newer late/end game players earn on a monthly basis?

Seriously???
Iā€™ve been playing my second account for 18 months. I have been a pretty good guild for 333 days. I am level 927
I have 13 mythics. I have crafted 4 of them ā€“ 9 mythic - 4 of them are from Monthly pulls

On the average I have spent over 4k of Guild Seals (and whatever I have left of Glory, Gem)

My primary account Iā€™ve been playing since May 2016
Iā€™m in one of those high ranking guilds for over 430 days
I am missing 9 Mythics.
I have only gotten 7 Mythics on the ā€˜New Mythicā€™ week.
This account has been Mythic starved for a very long time. I still havenā€™t gotten Doomclaw, Gargantaur or Megavore. Going to be making those folks but that is every 3 months because of not willing to spend for gems.

Thanks. I was trying to work out if itā€™s really achievable to obtain every troop (if one is a completionist), but it doesnā€™t seem like itā€™s feasible unless you start spending money.

1 Like

Or do soul forge every 3rd monthā€¦ I havenā€™t spent any money in a year. Normally I would be very supportive of games like this, but this last year, Iā€™ve re-examined my rational for that.

You can get them all. Iā€™ve got 1 Kingdom Mythic to get now and about 15 months ago I missed Mythic after Mythic, The Wild Queen, Doomclaw, Gargantuar, Queen Aurora, Yasmine Chosen, Elemaugrin and lots of others I missed.

Iā€™ve just not got tempted in crafting good Mythics twice and have nailed at least the last 9-10.

All Iā€™ve done is save and do daily dungeon as often as I can to craft, get lucky with event keys and manage gems and keys and go for all those I missed. Use orbs and build guild seals.

Only Gargantuar as a kingdom Mythic to get and as the kingdom is still locked by class I didnā€™t even try an event key attempt when that kingdom was the weekly. Zuul will eventually land and War and Plague will arrive randomly. Not that they matter.

Most expensive mythic for me in a looooooong time. 7500 guild seals, 400 gem keys, 1200 glory keys, 25,000 glory, then. 7 minor clan orbs and 3 majors worth of extras guild sealsā€¦get it on the final set of 1000 seals. For a low quality mythic, not sure that i wouldnā€™t have rather had to forge this one close to last, and spent my keys next Friday to try to get something differentā€¦

Guess Iā€™ve been spoiled with less than 5000 seals for the last few. Back to hoarding resources, i guess.

Used ~60 glory keys, ~15 gem keys, then 3000 guild seals (150 chests) and got it in the last set of 50! I proceeded to use it in all 5 Guild Wars battles and went 5-0. This thing hits like a truck because of the skull boost (every skull is an extra 4 damage).

Of course, but how many Mythics/month does that equate to?

Someone would need to average more than 1 new Mythic per month to catch up, and that could still take a long time for a new player.

For example, assume a player averaged 1 Mythic/month using keys and 1 Mythic every 2 months using Soulforge. For simplicity, assume that Mythic they get with keys is the new Mythic. Then it takes them 7 years (41 Mythics = 84 months) to collect all the old Mythicsā€¦

So I take it that a late/end game players can average considerably more than 1 new Mythic/month?

EDIT: Uh, ignore that I didnā€™t subtract Zuul and the other one from the 41 count.

I have all the Mythics, most came from chests, I crafted a few, donā€™t recall how many. I didnā€™t spend gems to get them so no real money.
I have not got Zuul and never will. So I guess I donā€™t have all of them exactly.
Edit: have not got Zorn yet but still have a bunch of guild seals and keys to use.

Got my copy really cheap compared to most people here, 200 gem keys then 3400 glory keys

This is a lot less shocking when you consider there are still maybe about 5 vital and maybe 15 useful mythics. The majority are only good until you get the better ones.

Since Soulforge lets you pick and choose, I think itā€™s fair to say given a year, a player who listens to the forums should have ~4-5 really good mythics and a handful of random chances.

You donā€™t need every troop in the game to do well. Only about 30 of them.

(Also you can average more than 1 mythic/month with keys if you get relatively lucky, but that diminishes. Every mythic you get from random pulls makes it more likely the next will be a duplicate! But a really early gamer with only 1 or 2 mythics can probably pull off 2 in a month, with a bit of luck.)

I have all mythics (all troops, rather) and the only ones I had to forge are Infernus and Undine (and Xathenos and Zuulā€™Goth). Of course, Iā€™ve been playing since PAX AUS 2015 which is longer than almost everyone.

And yeah, they arenā€™t all that good. Iā€™ve got about a dozen that are in relative common usage (since they started appearing, so a long time) and maybe the same number again that I use occasionally like Irongut in certain ToD events. And maybe 15-18 that I donā€™t use at all.

More often than not I am predominantly using legendaries and hero weapons.

2 Likes

Absolutely, but thatā€™s why I specified completionists in my replyā€¦

Thanks. I was trying to work out if itā€™s really achievable to obtain every troop (if one is a completionist), but it doesnā€™t seem like itā€™s feasible unless you start spending money.

This wasnā€™t a question about pulling useful Mythics, since the obvious is answer for that. SoulForge as you also mentioned.

Yes. If you are an active player (dungeons and 50-gem packs every day, PVP tier 1 each week, most/all reward tiers in individual events) in an active guild (completes all tasks each week and most/all of its reward tiers in guild-based events), then you will earn enough keys and diamonds to draw/craft more than one mythic troop per month on average. So, slowly, you will pull ahead on your collection of mythic troops. If you are willing to buy Sunday dungeon packs for $5, this goes even faster.