A New Mythic Approaches - King Bloodwood

This guy looks sneaky good, I’m expecting some nice teams to surface.

One of my guild mates pointed out that if you can make the 16+ 4-matches needed to get full bleed on the entire enemy team, you’ve basically won the match anyway.

40k Guild Seals, 6000 Glory Keys, 600 Gems Keys, 255k Glory. :rage:

1250 gem keys.
Haven’t touched seals in years, almost at 300 k seals.

2000 seals for this one. Pretty much all of the last 10 or so mythics I’ve obtained through guild seals

2 Likes

I hope you got it after all that!!!

255k glory!!! I have got every new mythic and the most I ever used was just over 100k glory and a similar amount of keys/seals etc.

I always use up my guild seals first when trying for the new mythic. They seem pretty useless otherwise so might as well use them up first and hang on to the more precious gem keys.

I’m finding the troop underwhelming to use.

On paper he looks like a beast, but in practice his boost ratio (even in a wildly looping lineup) is hard to increase to anything significant.

And when you kill troops his damage potential falls off.

He basically feels like a single-target nuker version of Yasmine’s Chosen.

Shame…I thought he’d feel stronger than this.

5 Likes

I use Glory first. The odds of a Mythic are slim, but they can help fill out missing Legendaries so I can upgrade those.

Then I do Guild Seals, followed by Gem Keys.

Ironically, after getting a Major Orb of Clans from Level 12 Invasions, I used a load of Minor Clan Orbs for extra Seals and finally pulled the new Mythic!

Yeah baby!! 350 gem keys!! Now to find a team

1 Like

Lol I always save my glory until last, and is the main currency I try and keep a bank of. Useful for multiple things, especially when I need a few more gems to buy next tier in events etc, and obviously to max out new glory troop every Monday.

Yep I always cash in my orbs of clans for extra seals too.

Bloodwood / Yasmine / Horned Asp / Maraji Queen (Wild Court banner) is pretty fun but unfortunately no champion XP. Still playing around.

I think he’s much more like Ketras, but does need a little more set up. Team above can get around 90 dmg on the first target pretty reliably, which can be a OHKO especially if you’ve softened that target up with Asp first

The damage does drop once enemy troops are dead but usually maraji Queen is my last cast of the match, not a spell, YMMV

1 Like

Yeah, of course, but it’s a bitter victory. I may not have enough for the next one, unless if I get it easily.
I never spent this much… ever. It feels rigged and my supplies are almost depleted.
I wonder what new Mythic will come in December.

Also, I expected more of this Mythic. Sadly, it’s not as good as I hoped it would be.

1 Like

14k Guild Seals and 300 Gem Keys.

12k Guild KEYS would be 240 purchases in batches of 50. Since each purchase is 1k Guild SEALS, that makes the total spent by @Lanny if @Jonathan isn’t correct (he, no doubt, is) 240k Guild Seals.

I fully believe a player like @UKresistance has that many saved, as he’s been in a top guild forever. But most people haven’t—so, surprising :rofl:

Hence @Grundulum’s use of “staggering” @OMFGorgeous, and why @GemsOfWar said guild seals =/= guild keys. Hope that clears it up, since I didn’t see anyone else clarify.

This game has so many terminology trip-points if you ask me—don’t even get me started about the difficulty in explaining to guildmates trying to understand bonus stats and/or delve mechanics (Hoard level, hoard quality, delve level, kingdom level, kingdom power—the relevant “key words” are extensive and endlessly similar) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks @Magnusimus ) if someone says guild keys in the thousands I always just assume seals, I didn’t catch @Grundulum s sarcasm haha. Cheers!

1 Like

Expense irrelevant. You wanted it and you used keys etc to get it. As I did. Uninspired by this mythic… again

I mean, if you wanted them super-duper entangled and didn’t want to use green mana matches (or didn’t have Yasmine’s Chosen), this would be a somewhat more reliable way to do it. Of course Sylvanimora gets the job done for anything except enemies who have damage scaling with attack like Cyclops … who is virtually never seen …

More reliable entangle on yellow than Cockatrice unless you want to spam brown (which you sort of do). Hypothetically a stronger entangle option for Yellow ToD since you can stick it at the back and forget about it, whereas Cockatrice would be blocking whatever yellow+brown troop you’re hoping to fuel with brown unless it was just Cockatrice or it was behind the thing (neither of which makes any strategic sense).

The bleed doesn’t really help unless have a dedicated bleed team (rare) or you are vsing Dawnbringer or something.

To say nothing of the spell, the spell is just odd.

Ultimately if you can get enough extra turns to make the trait overly useful then you can probably make use of those matches in a myriad of better ways as well.

After playing around some more I agree this is the main issue—every team I’ve built is just kind of finicky and slow, even if they work. In back of a loop as a bleed-bot is nice, but bleeding to death is also… finicky and slow.

Sometimes I like dumb teams though. I built one where the only damage source is Azura debuffing just to see if it could work (it does! EoE, divinia, Azura, leprechaun. Try it if you get bored. The goal is never match gems, ever. Just explode the board every turn. It’s really dumb!)

I also had high expectations for him when I first read about his ability and traits. The preview stream tempered my expectations a little, but I still overestimated how useful he was going to be. Now I’m just disappointed. At least I didn’t have to use too many seals.

How much were you expecting it to hit on average?
and
How much are you actually hitting for on average?

To be fair, Yasmine’s Chosen gets better the less troops that are alive.

KB was always meant to me more of an early game content stomper due to boost ratio that caps out, but I’m finding I’m more or less happy with it paired with Faerie Fire and some 4/5 matches in the late game.

2 Likes