A New Mythic Approaches - Gargantaur

This the absolutely WORST MYTHIC in the game!

ORC, a common, is vastly superior to Gargantaur…

Very sad. Devs, please fix this troop ASAP!

NowayJoe2Go

2 Likes

Cyclops is way better, and a monster if you buff his attack :smiley:

I disagree that Cyclops is way better. An entangle quickly neutralises its damage.

I’ve been constantly running:

Gargantaur
Fel’Dras
Sol’Zara
Gar’Nok

Self looping Gar’Nok is not that difficult to set up, to boost his base damage. I use him to pick off weakened targets which then allows him to begin one shotting remaining troops. I find he works well in this all Orc team, requires more strategy and planning though than the general mindless explode fest.

1 Like

@Nimhain @Saltypatra

Besides leaving Gargantaur as a 37 damage pin cushion at the start of the match, can we get a text fix for the 3rd trait on console (Xbox One)? It still says Gain 2 Attack and Magic when I take damage, even though the trait does the proper 8 Attack and Magic in-game.

I’ve been using:
Gargantaur
Fire Bomb
Fire Bomb,
Abynissia
I find Abynissia to be better than Gar’Nok, and both mythics will be nearly full once the Fire Bombs go off. Gargy ain’t the best mythic, but it’s a fun team for clearing out dungeons, at least.

I’ve been using Tds Twb and double Pharos-Ra.
Its the best gargantaur build I’ve found yet.

5 Likes

If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn’t have hot dogs.

(There’s no rule that says each Mythic has to meet at least the average power level of all other mythics. That’s actually a really good way to lead to power creep. “Bad” high-powered troops are interesting because random other cards that release later can accidentally be their savior.)

1 Like

Then make him a legendary.
There’s chicken in many hotdogs anyway!

1 Like

I think Sol’Zara’s third trait is very bad, it’s even worse than Abhorath… :flushed:

Switching that to something like ‘deal 1 true damage to all allies on enemy (and ally) death’ would have been nice. Certainly, fits as more of a ‘Soul ritual’. :wink:

3 Likes

Well the old gods are so last year :smirk:

Question: should Garga have the same link with Orcs that Wulfgarok has with Wargares, would we love him a little more? Because if you don’t use Wargares, Wulfie is not very better.

Wulf has the chance for 2 kills from 1 cast. (kill + devour). That’s infinitely more interesting than a troop that hits 1 target with no special effect.

I think garganture is more of an anti-summoner troop with snowball ability. Xathenos is similar to this in that he gets stronger as the battle goes on.

Unfortunately snowballs are not useful in this game

1 Like

Has there been any indictation of a change to Gargantuar?

Only if somebody else has almost killed an enemy for him, however. Until then he basically does nothing. This doesn’t make Garga better, of course.

This guy definitely gets my vote for worst mythic in the game.

1 Like

Shall we start a poll?

yes Please

OK, I’m crap at polls but it’d be good to get other people to post thoughts on the worst mythic and have a poll to match.

1 Like

For those wondering, Gargantaur beats Stormshield. :metal:t2::grimacing:

1 Like