Opened 100 gem keys. 20 traitstones, 80 troops. 1 traitstone was an arcane, the rest were major/runics. I then did a mass-disenchant and all 80 troops were excess.

Sum total: 900 gems for 1 arcane traitstone. That’s it. Everything else was useless to me since I have no need for major, runic, or souls.

2 Likes

That’s the feeling

Of course he requires lots of Arcane Mountains… :cry:

1 Like

Yeah I’m liking him… Strong on offence, useless on defence…

3 Likes

Yeah on offense he’s a one man wrecking crew. Kind of fun.

I love you

Sadly I only have one Mythic (War…blah)

This week was no exception…yet another Mythic I’ll never have.

Eventually there will be dozens and dozens to tempt me and I’ll never have them because RNG hates me! Garrr it makes me so mad! It’ll probably be enough to make me quit eventually. At least it isn’t too much of a deterrent right now…but this new Mythic is yet another nail in the proverbial coffin. I really enjoy Rowanne teams, so this Mythic is right up my alley and I am incredibly jealous too all of those lucky people that got him. He actually seems fun to use. And being able to silence those other pesky Mythics? Ugh! Arrgh!!

**Don’t mind me, my frustration is speaking for me.
I usually try to make light of my horrible luck that transfers over to every single RNG game…but sometimes it just all boils up and over. It’s incredibly annoying always being that person who never gets anything I want haha

1 Like

An offensive Mythic

I am really enjoying this, since the first 5 Mythics were totally defensive.

People in my guild have used thousands of keys looking for gard, I open him in my first 50 GLORY KEYS! seriously this kind of randomness is not good for the game. 2 of these people stopped playing for the day after that, Its not fair to long term players that need nothing else that they have to spend hundreds of dolars worth or resources and get absolutely nothing. There needs to be an internal counter, 1500 (glory gem and vip) keys before you get a mythic for sure. Something like this needs to be implemented sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

I know that feel.

100 VIP chests, a pile of gem and glory keys, guild chests for the week… nothing. I mean I got to mythic two epics I never use, so I guess that’s something.

I’ve whiffed on Famine, Plague, Draakulis, and now Gard, burning through a month or more’s worth of stored resources each time. It’s more than disheartening, it’s soul crushing.

6 Likes

Whiny little quitters, good riddance. Seriously, it’s been 24h (ONE DAY) since the mythic is out, and people are crying hard because they DONT HAVE HIM YET. I mean seriously, how ENTITLED are those people? Mythics are supposed to be super rare and pure luck was supposed to be a big part in getting them, not just “picking them up as soon as it’s out for the collection”. I feed on the tears of people like that.

That said:

I do agree with this. There should be a way to obtain specific cards (maybe only mythics, maybe any card) that you could work towards. Be it special tokens that you get after re-playing quest lines, or doing explore on high(er) difficulties (like warlord 3-4), or they could drop from VAULTS in TH, or be there for 8-win runs in arena → and then for a well-balanced amount you could claim the prize you want. (would there be looping teams capable of doing warlord 4? yes, but that’d still mean people would have to put the effort of FARMING for them, and that’s what it’s about). As long as the system is not allowing for 10 people in a guild to do the farming for the other 20, I’ll sign under any idea that allows people to trade the time they spent/effort for that one card they still don’t have.

Also it shouldn’t use already existing resources, to not give a silly headstart to part of the people. Introducing something new (like the tokens I mentioned, for doing special side-tasks in the game, not getting it “along the way while pvping, business as usual”) should make it fair on many different levels.

3 Likes

1 Like

I know right, there’s been 6 months since horsemans were first introduced, and look at me, still crying for not getting one :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not even hoping to see this one. Not that I wouldn’t like this troop xD

3 Likes

You know, it’s not really about those 24h, it’s about thousands of gems spent. It doesn’t matter if you spent them in 1h or 7 days or whatever - the amount is important. And the fact it gives nothing at all (of the things you’re interested in) is very bad from a psychological point of view. If you want an Event Legendary to Mythic, open 500 Event chests and get only 2 copies - it’s frustrating, but at least you’re 1/3 of the way there. Here it’s absolutely nothing, you just spent 10k+ gems and are in the same spot you started.

7 Likes

Nah, you are 10k gems lighter! (and sorry but only because you didn’t get exactly THAT ONE card you want, it does not mean you got “absolutely nothing”). You got exactly what those chests offer, tons of cards / traitstones, and a chance to get the mythic. Long live RNG, if it makes you feel better, thanks to your over-spent resources w/o pulling the mythic, two-three people got him in 50 glory chests :D. And the drop-rate stats will add up.

I feel like people stopped reading my post to quote the first sentence. I do suggested a solution too (that doesn’t change the fact that people feel entitled as fuck, you had resources? OK. Nowhere was it said they guarantee anything, you decided to roll a dice at this particular mythic and lost. If it was your first time- talk to @DonBoba , he’s had some more experience in that area :wink: )

1 Like

We are talking ten of thousands keys here xD
It’s not like I need them much or anything. That’s the collector side of me chasing them :slight_smile:

A sentence or 2 earlier I was more specific - “nothing at all (of the things you’re interested in)”. Who’s not reading the whole comment now? :wink:
I guess I know what you’re trying to say and I mostly agree - it’s RNG and that’s that. I never said it’s unfair or anything like it - just that it’s very bad from a psychological point of view. Disheartening.
On the other hand, as @DonBoba said, we don’t really need the Mythics. Although it’s the first one I intended to fully trait and use. Well, it’s still several days before he’s joined by others. And then there will be a Whitehelm event (in half a year or so probably), so… let’s not lose hope :wink:

1 Like

That’s actually exactly backwards, psychologically speaking. As long as people see “small prizes” (purples) come across, and maybe even some “soooooo close!” prizes (legendaries) come across, it makes them even more determined to keep on trying. It’s the exact same psychological mechanism that keeps people at slot machines - a kind of blend of the Sunk Cost Fallacy and the Gambler’s Fallacy. Doing reading on psychology can provide a fascinating background for designing MTX-based games.

Nigel from devil wears prada “Alright everyone, gird your loins!”

If, by any chance, you are referring to me… it is my conjoined bad luck paired with the fact that most people (myself included) spend any resources they are willing to spend to try and get the mythic on that first day. So, if they do not get the mythic after spending all their resources they realize they won’t be getting it unless they get really really lucky randomly after the exclusive week is up. The pool of mythics is getting bigger and so it’s getting harder to get that mythic unless you get it in the first week of release. So pointing out any sort of time line is irrelevant. Especially since most people complaining probably have no mythics or only 1-2 (one for me)

But I am concerned that spending thousands and thousands of resources - which costs 100s of dollars!!! - and not pulling any mythics. Since I know from my experience that spending 3,000-4,000 is never ever enough for me, I will never spend money on gem packs. that would be absolutely insane and I find it asounding that there are people that do it.

2 Likes