8.1 Update: Quests, Maps & More

Originally published at: 8.1 Update: Quests, Maps & More – Gems of War

Gems of War 8.1: Quests, Maps & More will be available from 4pm PDT Tuesday September 3rd on all platforms except for Nintendo Switch.We will announce the Nintendo Switch release date as soon as it is confirmed. We have made several improvements to Quests for lower level players, but also for existing high-level players to…

4 Likes

:point_up_2: Good

:point_up_2: Alliance Ranks Should Not Reset Every Season

:vulcan_salute:

15 Likes

I wish they would stop adding achievements :rage: :rofl:

3 Likes

Too little. Too late

9 Likes

It has to be 100%. Otherwise, what’s the point of leaving them to rot?

8 Likes

I wasted a lot of time and effort going for those dragons, and dare I say spent a lot to get the Dragonite needed. So now they have made it a lot easier for new players to get them. But I also feel sorry for those who since they went live wasted a lot just to get dupes. They are the ones I feel sorry for.

9 Likes

Yes, The Sentinel is also facing the same problem now. Perhaps we should also stop searching for them and reduce our losses.

1 Like

I stopped a long time ago going for the Sentinel’s…

5 Likes

Completely agree: anything less than that is a deterrent for potential pass buyers who have all the VP they need for this season (i.e. why buy a pass that will give us 20% of what is already a dud reward by most metrics)

:person_shrugging: :vulcan_salute:

7 Likes

Proving I stopped going for them :smile:

3 Likes

Me too :laughing:

2 Likes

I got one when they first came out, then a dupe. Then decided I had better things to do with my time :rofl:

3 Likes

Guess we’re getting more new eggs and dragon teams, sometime.

I’m glad we’re getting recipes to craft dragons specifically, but it doesn’t change how many players are seriously annoyed by the BS levels of RNG being pushed into the game, regarding new troops. Hoard mimic, sentinels, dragonite eggs and now burning chests. It’s ruining the game experience.

Totally agree, Let us keep our ranks, and just have season pass VP reset, and make players earn that, if necessary.

4 Likes

It made me give up on ever having 100% of the troops… I am at peace now with never completing my set of troops, and did not spend another $ (or €). :person_in_lotus_position:

8 Likes

So this seems to mean that ‘targeted recipes’ for future troops with similar egg mechanics will only become available 12 months after the troops are initially released.

And this would seem to mean a 12 week rotation to get through the 12 unique dragons. 18 weeks once they add the next set of 6….

2 Likes

@IbstockMafia Try rather to be happy for the players that does not have to go down this horrible road.

8 Likes

Old things always get easier as time goes by - it was extremely hard to get Zuul in the beginning and back in those days players took 1 - 2 years to get him. Now it is easy with vault weekends. So the older troops will get easier to get as they add more new things into the game. Thing is those that want them super fast often have to pay. This makes me think they are already ready with their newest set of dragons.

5 Likes

Believe me, I’m happy they’ve made it easier to get them. One less thing to think or stress about in the evergrowing frustration we call Gems of War.

4 Likes

When guild war comes back?

Just remember the name of this game

1 Like

I think its a dangerous mindset to have. Just because many of the older things have become easier doesnt mean it’s guaranteed to always happen.

Things like specific pet rescues and the hoard mimic come to mind immediately as not made easier by any means.

1 Like