8.0 Update: Immortals

The pay to win nail in the coffin of a dead game designed to milk the last of its dwindling core players, not surprised Kafka had taken the week off , well youll get diddly squat out of me. Shame on you devs. Youll probably wait till youve got peoples hard earned money then nerf the troops like you did with shiny troops before you release the next meta, quite literally rinse and repeat, way to go.

22 Likes

The good news is, in still just shy of level 1500, so I hadn’t bought the pass yet that gave me all the stuff for lvl 1000 to 1499 yet. Was literally planning this week. And haven’t bought campaign pass yet either. So that’s like $40 I’ve just saved by saying “hell no”

9 Likes

Oh boy, the grand finale of the PVP updates and it’s a major version increment?

Skip. Oh, wait, there’s literally nothing else this time.

Well, I’m at least going to enjoy the 8 free Celestial Traitstones they’ve got scheduled in the countdown advent calendar. Two more and I can actually craft a Soulforge Mythic…

3 Likes

More rng “fun” and more milking the players for every last penny. You can stick this I’m keeping my wallet closed

16 Likes

Devs… you have exhausted your players with new things and currencies… instead of taking care what is lacking in the game. You should focus on what your players are suffering from and what everyone is asking.

We made several attempts to show where you guys need to improve and work on. But, you just keep adding more fuel to the fire.

When you guys want your players to be happy and enjoying the game?!

Adding new things that requires chasing and lottery slots machines are not what everyone is requesting… every change you guys make is worse than the one before.

Please hear me out, we are not your enemies… we are your fans and we love the game.
Players are leaving by the minute.

Please simplify the game and focus on bugs and improvements instead of keeping on adding new things.

Remember that we are not trying to insult you but rather show you what we are requesting for game improvements.

23 Likes

Player v Player becomes Payer v Payer

23 Likes

The simple fact that NOONE from the company has bothered to reply in this post since they announced it, to explain why we’re looking at it wrong or try to possibly make us see it differently, shows you that they absolutely do not care about what we think. We are a source of money, to be squeezed until we’re out. And then replaced by new wallets on new players. And if you think that’s bad, there was the nice ambiguous sentence at the end about other unspecified changes. If it was anything good they’d be trumpeting it from the skies. If it was anything bad like oh…we’ve changed dungeons again and made it so if you choose the same doors as the day before you have a ZERO chance to get a perfect run…then they’d be sitting quietly til we noticed. Sound far fetched? The early dungeons had a ZERO % chance of a perfect run if you chose 1-2-3 for your runs daily, despite telling us it was completely random. Never forget that. That was actually harder to code than making it pure random so was absolutely deliberate. Everything being done is absolutely deliberate and discussed and analysed by them before release. Prove me wrong

6 Likes

hey would you like a dog shit sandwich? no? too bad your getting it anyway

6 Likes

we will use you as a vote down

5 Likes

I wonder how many people will quit, just trying to finish reading the update. lol Good grief. :woman_facepalming:

This game already has more currencies than any other game I have ever played. And it’s not even close. Yet, new currencies keep coming. And the ways the currencies are earned and used, keep getting more inscrutable.

If the end goal is to make the game PtW… I propose a simple “Pay here to win, now” button. I can’t wait to explain this over-complicated nonsense to my guild. :roll_eyes:

26 Likes
  • Each Season will have a Featured Immortal, which will be a new Immortal introduced that season.
  • Immortal Souls for this Featured Immortal can be earned from the Season Pass and Season Goals. Players will also have a chance to earn Immortal Souls for them from Burning Chests when their Season begins

So after a Season ends how can someone get an Immortal they missed?

How often will the RNG from chests give you the Bronze, Silver or Gold Icons instead of the Immortal Souls you need?

5 Likes

So we can try to get all immortals in any type of chest right away? But it also says they can only be unlocked by spending immortal souls. So a little confusing there.

1 Like

As usual the update is ridiculously over complicated. My takeaways from this are:

• Immortal troops will be almost impossible to obtain
  • The currencies required to obtain them will be extremely scarce
  • New currencies are severely limited to a small number per day and cannot be farmed
  • Another “Season” type event is being introduced (of course with a real money requirement to be able to earn anything worthwhile).

Another complete money grab and lots more frustration coming for players. Its a hard no for me.

30 Likes

This maybe…

17 Likes

think of it like the shiny chests

… I don’t have high hopes for this

11 Likes

I’m not even slightly excited about this update.

8.0 was expected to be something big, but the patch note consists of 4 paragraphs, stating how players should grind more and more.

1. Will the Alliance rank recet each season?
  2. We were promised that total VP score won’t be set to zero with the beginning of a new seadon. Will it be so?
  3. Do devs really expect Dark Order players to move to other alliances?
5 Likes

no, but they allow you to!

4 Likes

So the devs decided to take everything that people have started to hate about the game, dial it up 1000%, and then shove it into PvP. This update sounds horrific and will most likely cause even more players to quit.

The only upside to this is, is that based on the “introduce new currency/resource for a quick cash grab cycle” it means dragonite might start becoming more readily available and eventually fade away like cursed runes have and all the resources/currencies before it.

Its like the devs are intentionally trying drive away the player base and tank the game. PvP is already convoluted as hell as it is, and now you’re adding in all this garbage.

Maybe it’s time to finally quit for good cause nothing about this sounds even remotely fun or worth investing time on as this sounds like a horrible grind unless you spend $1000s to get these new currencies/resources. PvP will definitely be pay to win now.

29 Likes

I’ve actually just handed in notice to my guild based on exactly this logic. One of the top PS guilds. And I think there’s a few others following.

5 Likes

The way I read it is that Immortal troops will only be available from these new burning chests that are a pvp exclusive chest. So you’ll need to get the resource to open the new chest, and then it will be similar to the Shiny chests in that you’ll have a “chance” to pull either one of these immortal troops or you’ll get some immortal souls instead.

These burning chests sound like they took the concept of the dragon eggs and mixed it with the Shiny chests.

3 Likes